Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 16, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #68,342 of 153,381
Yep Facebook sucks. Set an alarm and didn't manage to get it to work properly until a winner was already announced...

P.S. Congrats to the winner though, they are in for an exciting 2021!

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #68,343 of 153,381
Dec 16, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #68,344 of 153,381
Dec 16, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #68,345 of 153,381
[
Did Jason at any point mention number of eq bands on Lokiest? I asked in the video chat but my question didn't make it past the "censors" :wink:
He mused about the price being about 10 times the cost of the Loki mini.... so about $1500. There was a unit called the Cello Audio Palette that he thinks might be on par with it. I won't be giving up my Loki Mini any time soon.

Dec 16, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #68,346 of 153,381
I find that there are videos in the wild that won't play in place and pop up a warning to the effect "this video must be watched on YouTube".

You don't need to be logged in as a user, but their business model means they have to be able to track you so they can monetize you. Thus they want/prefer/need you on their site so they can place/read their cookies and refine the profile they already have of you.

That's why it works for you .
Maybe. OTOH, my browser blocks all that stuff (Brave, in case you were wondering) so I don't think that's it.

I have had an occasional video linked on a non-Youtube site refuse to play. I manage to survive without viewing it :-D

Dec 16, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #68,347 of 153,381
New Schitter here, my Asgard 3 just shipped today. Can't wait to try it with my HD 660S.

How about a Modi Multibit update? Bifrost a bit over my budget.
The Modi Multibit is a fantastic DAC. I think you'd enjoy its multibit chipset. It's a versatile and inexpensive (?) gateway DAC. My 2 cents...

Dec 16, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #68,348 of 153,381
Awesome. Joined FB yesterday for the sole reason of getting on the list to win one something and while watching Jason's vid I get immediately locked out for 30 days. I posted NOTHING until I tried to say "Hi, Glad is all is well at Schiit". Deleting my account now. Grrrr.....

Screen Shot 7.png
Dam it, I knew it couldn't be that easy!

Dec 16, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #68,349 of 153,381
The 3rd lever (on the left, facing the front) switches between the RCA/XLR/Optional Dac/Phono card if one is present.
yes, that one i know, that one is obvious, it even has 3 icons. The other one, the pre-amp lever, the 3rd switch on the right side, right when looking at the photo of this thing. My question, although it seems more clear really, this is a 2 position switch like Topping A90, or it has 3 positions so one can choose the output between rca or xlr pre amp. that was my question. I guess it is 2 positions.

Dec 16, 2020 at 8:03 PM Post #68,350 of 153,381
Have you seen the specs? They're not the same. That's just silly. Aesthetically, sure, but their power output is very different. If anything, Lyr did have a SS variation when using LISST tubes. That still didn't make the same as the Asgard 3.
Ah. I was mistaken.

Dec 16, 2020 at 8:06 PM Post #68,351 of 153,381
I for one prefer to leave my 1/4"-3.5mm adapter plugged in full time. It annoys me when that disables the preamp outputs, so thanks for that decision.
While I'm happy to see an On/Off switch for the pre-outs, what I really wish that switch did instead was mute the pre-outs and un-mute the HP-outs in one position, and do the opposite in the other position. :nerd:

That is a feature that I would love to see on future products.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #68,352 of 153,381
I don't understand why people need so much powerful amps. my jds atom, in low gain, with hd6xx can leave me deaf for the rest of my life has more than enough power... i guess planars and 600 ohms and what not, but still, i do not see the point on people requesting so much power. Hope the knob can be used all the way... waiting for reviewers.

Seems like an awesome option for a balanced amp + pre amp and even more, great price, great knob. Waiting for sound signature review. a crtain sound signature might work for a certain headphone, but not for a certain external amp or studio monitors... curious. SHAME NO REAL DISTRIBUTOR IN EUROPE, CAN'T EVEN GET A MAGNIUS HERE.

Dec 16, 2020 at 8:12 PM Post #68,353 of 153,381
He mused about the price being about 10 times the cost of the Loki mini.... so about $1500. There was a unit called the Cello Audio Palette that he thinks might be on par with it. I won't be giving up my Loki Mini any time soon.
I've "seen" one of the Cellos for sale on A*gon. I think the asking price was multiples of $1500. New it was closer to $30k, IIRC.
The mono-Lokis someone joked about would still be a comparative bargain. As to be expected from a Mark Levinson product.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #68,354 of 153,381
...dup...

Dec 16, 2020 at 8:14 PM Post #68,355 of 153,381
Awesome. Joined FB yesterday for the sole reason of getting on the list to win one something and while watching Jason's vid I get immediately locked out for 30 days. I posted NOTHING until I tried to say "Hi, Glad is all is well at Schiit". Deleting my account now. Grrrr.....

Shoulda known better. Sorry for the sour grapes and please understand none of this post is aimed at Schiit. :imp:

I feel your pain. I tried to log into my Facebook account, to comment on Jason's video. I've never used my FB account, and I haven't signed in for ages. Well, I entered my log in info, and get in. But, FB takes me to a security screen, then prompts me to request a security code, for verification, before continuing. I requested the code twice, and never received a FB email. So, no chance of leaving a comment for Jason..! And I was going to comment on how dignified and handsome he looked...! I'm devastated. :scream:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back