Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 12, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #6,271 of 151,274
  Actually HP was in pretty good shape prior to Carly; post Carly (2005), the stock was worth less than it was in 1999 when she took over while Dell's and IBM's stock had increased.  Besides the "Invent" tagline, I don't think anyone can point to anything good that came out of her tenure at HP.   Lots of revisionist history being put out by her team and supporters. 

Well, some would argue that 1999 should be remembered as HP's "horrible year", they spun off Agilent (which is very healthy and profitable now) and appointed the wrong person to lead the "newly refocused" HP. 

May 14, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #6,272 of 151,274
Bourbons and other American whiskeys to try:

Buffalo Trace - inexpensive and good
Eagle Rare
Blanton's
Stagg Jr.
Col. E.H. Taylor
Elijah Craig
Woodford Reserve
Angels Envy
Van Winkle (if you can find it/afford it)
Jeffersons
Garrison Brothers Texas Bourbon
Balcones Baby Blue Corn Whiskey
Balcones Texas Single Malt
Balcones Brimstone Smoked Corn Whiskey
Balcones Rumble
Hell, any Balcones Distillery product!

They've got some really interesting stuff coming out of Texas these days.

May 15, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #6,273 of 151,274
Moonshine
Hogslop
White Lightning
Methanol Lite
Antifreeze Brut
Old Joe's Tea
Bathtub GIn
Hooch
Rotgut
Firewater
Canned Heat
Redeye
Elixir
Inebriant
Intoxicant
Sauce
Al K Hall
[Redacted]      It will be intoxicating........

May 17, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #6,274 of 151,274
I like bourbon in Manhattans.  Or maybe Old Fashions.  But I like my Scotch neat.. and preferably old enough to order its own scotch.

May 18, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #6,275 of 151,274
Well, some would argue that 1999 should be remembered as HP's "horrible year", they spun off Agilent (which is very healthy and profitable now) and appointed the wrong person to lead the "newly refocused" HP. 

As someone who buys Agilent equipment for work I wonder about that. Most recently some UPLC columns for analysis of antibodies

May 18, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #6,276 of 151,274
I like bourbon in Manhattans.  Or maybe Old Fashions.  But I like my Scotch neat.. and preferably old enough to order its own scotch.

I'm quite new to the world of Scotch. So far tried Glenfidditch and now Glenlivet 12. Year old single malt. What changes as it gets old enough to buy itself- besides cost?

May 18, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #6,277 of 151,274

I'm quite new to the world of Scotch. So far tried Glenfidditch and now Glenlivet 12. Year old single malt. What changes as it gets old enough to buy itself- besides cost?

It gets better.

May 18, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #6,279 of 151,274
Bourbon recommendations beyond Bookers and Willett? And rye?

I need to broaden my horizons.

My favs include Bookers, Blantons, and Basil Haden among reasonably high end bourbons. One of the great things about bourbon is that for the most part, the high end is scarcely more than entry level scotch.

For great value, Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace are great. Bullitt, 1792 and Big House also worth a try. All of these are in the same price range as Makers, but are much better.

I also find Bushmills Black Bush to be quite pleasing among Irish Whisky.

May 19, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #6,280 of 151,274
May 19, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #6,283 of 151,274
1280px-LSD-2D-skeletal-formula-and-3D-models.png

Just add your favorite tracers.

May 19, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #6,284 of 151,274
Just a fun little walk-through of some of the goings-on at Schiit, in advance of tomorrow's chapter.

All photos are by Heather Madison Photography—Tony's girlfriend! She came by and decided to do these shots just on a lark. http://heathermadison.smugmug.com

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
May 19, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #6,285 of 151,274
  Just a fun little walk-through of some of the goings-on at Schiit, in advance of tomorrow's chapter.

Nice pics Jason, and an even better quote. Sleep is for the weak!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back