Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 10, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #6,258 of 149,114
May 11, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #6,265 of 149,114
  I see many people possibly exceeding their liver's max dB level.

I think that it has more to do with "burn in." You gotta get your liver into a state where it can handle larger quantities of alcohol, and then it really starts to open up!

Perhaps a larger tolerance so one can stay on their feet. You'll know when it isn't working out, when you go to brush something off your shoulder and it's the floor.
blink.gif

May 11, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #6,266 of 149,114

Perhaps a larger tolerance so one can stay on their feet. You'll know when it isn't working out, when you go to brush something off your shoulder and it's the floor.
blink.gif

Or... one can avert all the negative health issues and just vape yourself to the same place. If done right, one can still be brushing the floor off one's shoulder. LOL

May 11, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #6,267 of 149,114
  And for the wine aficionados, an old favorite from my Maitre d' days, many years removed:

"Waiter, what is it you like about this wine you have recommended?"

"That would be the ah, alcohol, sir."

And from the back of the house perspective:

"I enjoy cooking with wine, sometimes I even put it in the food." (Courtesy Julia Child, I believe).

May 12, 2015 at 2:05 PM Post #6,269 of 149,114
Just read the chapter and Jason's  comments  the part about CEOs that plan for the future and ignore NOW ( =  earnings quarterly report card )
Isn't that what happened to Carly Fiorina GOP candidate and former CEO of HP. She probably saved the company in the long run by downsizing employees and got fired when the bottom line flat lined  Interesting  dilemma Apple vs Tesla  .........Apple wins!!!   I'll add the obligatory IMHO

May 12, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #6,270 of 149,114
  Just read the chapter and Jason's  comments  the part about CEOs that plan for the future and ignore NOW ( =  earnings quarterly report card )
Isn't that what happened to Carly Fiorina GOP candidate and former CEO of HP. She probably saved the company in the long run by downsizing employees and got fired when the bottom line flat lined  Interesting  dilemma Apple vs Tesla  .........Apple wins!!!   I'll add the obligatory IMHO

Actually HP was in pretty good shape prior to Carly; post Carly (2005), the stock was worth less than it was in 1999 when she took over while Dell's and IBM's stock had increased.  Besides the "Invent" tagline, I don't think anyone can point to anything good that came out of her tenure at HP.   Lots of revisionist history being put out by her team and supporters. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back