Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 22, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #62,251 of 150,605
Last time I was in England, I wore a t-shirt that read "I'm an American but it's not my fault."

i have travelled internationally for many years And have found myself apologizing repeatedly for being an American and explaining I’m not like that... well i didn’t have to during 2009 to 2017... I got a break. Thankfully I retired a couple years ago as I spent about 25% of my time in China.

Jul 22, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #62,253 of 150,605
Hey guys, calm it down on the placeist rhetoric, or I will have to nuke a whole bunch of posts.

Here's the deal:

1. There are stupid people everywhere.
2. If we don't live in a place, we don't understand the place.
3. There's lots of right and wrong, and most of the time when we think we're most right, we're most wrong.

So, relax. Talk about cats or barbecue or something.

Last edited:
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 22, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #62,255 of 150,605
Ok back to the best Reuban sandwhich ever:

Reuben-Sandwich_8-copy.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #62,256 of 150,605
Jul 22, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #62,257 of 150,605
To expand on this a bit more:

1. I have been a lot of places. I don't consider myself an expert on any one of them. However, I can find good and bad in pretty much any place I have been. Or, that's maybe a bit hot. "Good" and "ah yeah not so hot" is more like it.
2. There are good people everywhere. Despite my desire to pimp out our made-in-USA-ness, we do get some parts from China, most notably the wall-warts, and the Chinese suppliers we have worked with are wonderful to work with. I would not be happy if that went away. However, I would also be happier if we could do it. Or if we could do it in this hemisphere.
3. Re 2: so please don't slag off an entire friggin country with stupid memes. Every place has done stupid things in the past or present. That isn't the whole country, that isn't all the people there. Any place that has not done something stupid in the past gets a free pass. Ah, crickets. Yeah, thought so.
4: Re 2 and 3: really, being in love with a place so much is friggin stupid. You just happened to be born there. If you swallow all the propaganda about a place, then you're like the idiots in Ray Bradbury's The Martian Chronicles, who went back to Earth to fight a nuclear war. Because countries and crap. When I read that in 8th grade, I thought, "wow, that's ****ing complete idiocy, why would you go back to your death?" I guess some people understand it better than me. I personally don't get it.
5. So, in summation: find something good about yourself, and celebrate that. Don't worry about places and appearances and all that stuff. Because I'm pretty confident if we are ever visited by representatives of a Galactic Confederation, we'll all (as in, all countries) be branded as an extreme tourist destination, with the warning of, "and these guys eat anything, and I mean, like, anything anything...so, hmm, yeah, you've been warned."

Jul 22, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #62,258 of 150,605
Hey guys, calm it down on the placeist rhetoric, or I will have to nuke a whole bunch of posts.

Here's the deal:

1. There are stupid people everywhere.
2. If we don't live in a place, we don't understand the place.
3. There's lots of right and wrong, and most of the time when we think we're most right, we're most wrong.

So, relax. Talk about cats or barbecue or something.

OK, folks. Remember -- the more time Jason spends policing and nuking posts, the less time he is engineering and certifying new products for release!! :worried:

Jul 22, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #62,260 of 150,605
To expand on "everyone does stupid things," look up a few things:

1. Operation Plowshare (part of which was widening the Panama Canal with nuclear weapons.) Extra credit: Orion Project.
2. Borisov Project (dam from Sibera to Alaska to change the climate.) Extra credit: Lysenko.
3. China's emperor(s) who buried the smartest people with them. Extra credit: the fact they had mass production 2500 years ago
4. The entire history of Europe's empire follies. Extra credit: the Crusades.

So again, if you're.a placeist, any place that hasn't done or proposed stupid things can talk. Everyone else shut up.

Edit: do I sound irritated? Yes, I am. I am tired of the passive-aggressive sniping/Karening/idiocy. Find the good. Get along. Clear?

Last edited:

Jul 22, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #62,262 of 150,605
To expand on this a bit more: ...
5. So, in summation: find something good about yourself, and celebrate that. Don't worry about places and appearances and all that stuff. Because I'm pretty confident if we are ever visited by representatives of a Galactic Confederation, we'll all (as in, all countries) be branded as an extreme tourist destination, with the warning of, "and these guys eat anything, and I mean, like, anything anything...so, hmm, yeah, you've been warned."

LOL! Ain't that the truth.

Jul 22, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #62,263 of 150,605
1. Operation Plowshare (part of which was widening the Panama Canal with nuclear weapons.) Extra credit: Orion Project.
2. Borisov Project (dam from Sibera to Alaska to change the climate.) Extra credit: Lysenko...

OK -- these two are actually kind of genius!! :D

Jul 22, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #62,264 of 150,605
Plowshare went on for quite a time....1958 and defunded in 1975!

Now the width of most of the old WW2 battleships were approx 108' this was a design limitation due to the width of the canal at that time....
(useless factoid).

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #62,265 of 150,605
To expand on "everyone does stupid things," look up a few things:

2. Borisov Project (dam from Sibera to Alaska to change the climate.) Extra credit: Lysenko.
3. China's emperor(s) who buried the smartest people with them. Extra credit: the fact they had mass production 2500 years ago
4. The entire history of Europe's empire follies. Extra credit: the Crusades.

So again, if you're.a placeist, any place that hasn't done or proposed stupid things can talk. Everyone else shut up.

Edit: do I sound irritated? Yes, I am. I am tired of the passive-aggressive sniping/Karening/idiocy. Find the good. Get along. Clear?
i’d like to find a good new chapter:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back