Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 8, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #61,777 of 150,600
Story goes in the early days Lou Reed would come out on stage shoot up heroin and give the syringe to a lucky fan as a souvenir. Night clubs aren't the same in midwestern Canada where I'm from as they are in New York city.
That was just part of his act for a while in the 70's, he never actually shot up on stage.

Jul 8, 2020 at 9:17 PM Post #61,778 of 150,600
Story goes in the early days Lou Reed would come out on stage shoot up heroin and give the syringe to a lucky fan as a souvenir. Night clubs aren't the same in midwestern Canada where I'm from as they are in New York city.

And years later, Laurie Anderson married him!

Jul 8, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #61,780 of 150,600
I could never own their products. The kerning on their DAC display makes the word MAIN look like "MAI N". Not only does that offend me as a graphic designer and font nerd, but that lack of attention to detail makes me wonder what else they may have overlooked in their design.
Oooh I feel your angst.
Recently the local roads authority added some new large speed restriction signs when you arrive into our local town. Signs on the highway, on both sides, just to be sure that everyone knows they need slow down. Problem is, I immediately noticed different fonts on the left and right signs. Drives me crazy every time I drive past. There are two signs at each end of the town, and 1 out of the 4 signs is different.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #61,782 of 150,600
Oooh I feel your angst.
Recently the local roads authority added some new large speed restriction signs when you arrive into our local town. Signs on the highway, on both sides, just to be sure that everyone knows they need slow down. Problem is, I immediately noticed different fonts on the left and right signs. Drives me crazy every time I drive past. There are two signs at each end of the town, and 1 out of the 4 signs is different.

Capture.JPG

:smirk:

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2020 at 11:28 PM Post #61,783 of 150,600
Oooh I feel your angst.

hypothetically speaking, if the one sign that's different were to become "damaged" or missing, I presume the local roads authority would need to repair or replace it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back