Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 1, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #6,151 of 151,813
Jason S,

clearly not enough staff building Yggys!
beyersmile.png

May 1, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #6,152 of 151,813
Day in the life Thursday, April 30, 2015

Alex- Built UberModis in the morning, received and put up a large packaging order, ordered parts, packed UberModis in the afternoon
Amy- Processed and shipped orders, packed and shipped some Yggys, packed and started shipping the UberModi backorder
Chris- Built Yggys, tested, cleaned, and bagged UberModis, built more Yggys
Olivia- Built Yggys, Tested and sorted Valhalla tubes, built more Yggys
Miles- Built UberModis and Asgards
Tony- Tested and programmed Yggy boards
Jesse- Built Yggys
Cameron (the intern)- Built Yggys w/ Jesse
Bill- Tested, cleaned, and bagged Yggys and UberModis, Built Yggys
Maurice- Packed a bunch of Schiit
Laura- Worked on distributor orders, customer service, solved latest USPS screw up (our postman left his scanner in delivery mode and scanned all of our outgoing USPS packages as delivered resulting in some confused customers).
Nick T- Tech support and customer service

Since I'm currently a package handler, I can relate to Maurice. :p Besides, I'm not intelligent enough to do too much more! You guys keep busy and have fun.

May 1, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #6,153 of 151,813

Day in the life Thursday, April 30, 2015

Alex- Built UberModis in the morning, received and put up a large packaging order, ordered parts, packed UberModis in the afternoon
Amy- Processed and shipped orders, packed and shipped some Yggys, packed and started shipping the UberModi backorder
Chris- Built Yggys, tested, cleaned, and bagged UberModis, built more Yggys
Olivia- Built Yggys, Tested and sorted Valhalla tubes, built more Yggys
Miles- Built UberModis and Asgards
Tony- Tested and programmed Yggy boards
Jesse- Built Yggys
Cameron (the intern)- Built Yggys w/ Jesse
Bill- Tested, cleaned, and bagged Yggys and UberModis, Built Yggys
Maurice- Packed a bunch of Schiit
Laura- Worked on distributor orders, customer service, solved latest USPS screw up (our postman left his scanner in delivery mode and scanned all of our outgoing USPS packages as delivered resulting in some confused customers).
Nick T- Tech support and customer service

You forgot two....

Jason and Mike- Laughing all the way to the bank. :D

May 1, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #6,155 of 151,813
Jason and Mike: Upstairs [redacted] together on [redacted], while Jason [redacted] and Mike makes sure the [redacted] doesn't [redacted].

May 1, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #6,156 of 151,813

That's probably... a bit, inaccurate?  Who designs these DACs and amps — magic gnomes?

Oh wait, I bet it takes them all of five seconds to do that "work"... then they spend the rest of it laughing. 
rolleyes.gif

Naw, they copy reference designs off the manufacturer's application notes, NOT. 
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #6,157 of 151,813
That's probably... a bit, inaccurate?  Who designs these DACs and amps — magic gnomes?

Oh wait, I bet it takes them all of five seconds to do that "work"... then they spend the rest of it laughing. :rolleyes:

The design and NPI took years. It's out and in production now. The heavy lifting is done. Time for them to enjoy the fruits of their labors. :)

May 1, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #6,160 of 151,813
Sounds difficult...laughing while enjoying a fine cigar and driving all the way to the bank :p

I hope they make it in one piece :eek:

May 1, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #6,162 of 151,813
That's no secret, been out for months. It's the [redacted]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back