Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 21, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #61,036 of 152,242
*** is "For f$%ks sake"
What the db part of it is, I don't have a clue.
dB ***, that doesn't make sense.
That's kind of funny. I didn't do the ***, the site software converted my F-F-S into that.

Jun 21, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #61,037 of 152,242
*** is "For f$%ks sake"
What the db part of it is, I don't have a clue.
dB ***, that doesn't make sense.
decibel? Maybe it's loud or something

Jun 21, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #61,040 of 152,242
So what's the next thing to drop?
Magnius?
Valhalla 3 or Super Balanced Valhalla?
Mjolnir 3?
Loki+?
A higher end phono preamp?
Gungnir and/or Yggdrasil updates?
The CD transport?
A tube hybrid power amp?
Speakers??? I'm half joking. Those of you who haven't read since the beginning, Jason took a stab at producing speakers, long, long ago, way before Schiit. I have no doubt that they could produce great speakers, and have the resources to do it, compared to when Jason was in his 20s, I think? I read that section several years ago.

What have the folks at Schiit alluded to being in the pipeline? Was there another super secret project (not Jil or Loki) that hasn't been produced yet?
I'm just guessing at half of what I put above.

I've bought into what Jason has said in the past regarding it making more sense to use tubes in a preamp, but have the power amps be solid state, and I'm thrilled with Aegir, but other people ask about tube power amps.

All I care about at the moment is the higher end phono stage. I have an original Mani. I ordered a newer version Mani B-stock. I also ordered a black component the other day to use with my entire silver Schiit and Technics setup, ugh, a used black Van Alstine Vision Q phono preamp. I'll buy the new Schiit phono preamp as well when it comes out, in silver.

So much gear, so little time... I absolutely feel your pain. Next up for me in the Schiitosphere will be Freya+ so I can get tube action, and then just maybe spring for a SOL and do something with all the old vinyl in that closet. I'm definitely a Schiit-head for life! Oh yeah, I can't forget the FOCAL Grande Utopia EM set I want that I'll pick up with some pocket change. :euro:

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #61,041 of 152,242
Hi @Ableza, Im not taking price point in consideration, just thinking maybe they can do something similar in a Vidar/Aegir chassis , just looks like thats a product missing in the Schiit stereo amplifiers lineup IMO.

@Derrick Swart im a photographer, its hard don't take looks in consideration, sure thats not the first aspect im look into audio gear, but for sure if i find 2 great products, at same price point, i will take the prettiest, can't resist! lucky me, that i love Schiit sound and design. :L3000:
don’t get me wrong Pedro, i’d pay extra for looks. :ksc75smile: I love the leds on my BMC-2 and inside the Freya S Btw, you shoot with Canon?!?

Jun 21, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #61,044 of 152,242
So much gear, so little time... I absolutely feel your pain. Next up for me in the Schiitosphere will be Freya+ so I can get tube action, and then just maybe spring for a SOL and do something with all the old vinyl in that closet. I'm definitely a Schiit-head for life! Oh yeah, I can't forget the FOCAL Grande Utopia III EM EVO set I want that I'll pick up with some pocket change. :euro:
Absolutely no pain on my end. I've purchased 14 pieces of Schiit on my journey so far, not including the Unison card for my Yggdrasil. I'm waiting for Freya+, which I understand is due to a parts shortage of some type. In the meantime, I have my Freya OG and a used Freya S that I picked up. I'm just waiting to be able to do a 3-way comparison, choose my winner, then stick with it for quite some time.

I decided to go down the vinyl rabbit hole, beyond my existing Project Debut TT and 2M Red cartridge that came with it. I'm really not in need of another phono preamp either, it's just the thing that I think interests me the most, of what I expect is in the pipeline.

Jun 21, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #61,045 of 152,242
I'd say most people aren't even aware of the fact that Peter Green wrote "Black Magic Woman". I guess lots and lots of royalties makes up for the fact that somebody else made it famous. Catchy little tune, that.

Yes, to be fair, Santana did a decent job on that song.
Some people also don’t know that there was a Fleetwood Mac long before Nicks and Buckingham joined and that they sold a few records.....
In 1969 they sold more than The Beatles and Rolling Stones combined.

Jun 21, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #61,046 of 152,242
db = sound level. It was supposed to mean LOUD. F-F-S sound level. Oh well it made sense to me.
You know the feeling when you tell someone a story and get no reaction and then you say.. well you should have been there?
That's where this dbFFS is going.
No problem master @Ableza. With a little help and new techniques I'll set your wits on 100% again.
Speaking of wits... Where's @winders?

Jun 21, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #61,047 of 152,242
Yea I have no idea and to be honest I only remember that I went... not much about the show. I have similar lack of memories about Humble Pie and early Fleetwood Mac. :)

At least you remember going to the gig, but it was 1971.
If you remember the '60s, as the old saying goes, you probably weren't there.

Jun 21, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #61,048 of 152,242
You know the feeling when you tell someone a story and get no reaction and then you say.. well you should have been there?
That's where this dbFFS is going.
No problem master @Ableza. With a little help and new techniques I'll set your wits on 100% again.
Speaking of wits... Where's @winders?
When the coronavirus issues have mostly passed and world travel (hopefully) gets back to normal, you should hold a seminar in San Jose del Pacifico, Oaxaca, Mexico. I hear good things about it.

Jun 21, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #61,049 of 152,242
don’t get me wrong Pedro, i’d pay extra for looks. :ksc75smile: I love the leds on my BMC-2 and inside the Freya S Btw, you shoot with Canon?!?

:L3000: I started with analog Nikons, but switched to Canon in 2005, since then, my daily cameras are Canon, but i also use Fuji, the XT series have the "looks" :D, and sometimes rent Hasselblad or Phase one, when needed for campaigns/advertising.
if you want take a look at my websites, they are listed in my profile.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back