Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 21, 2020 at 5:18 AM Post #61,006 of 153,808
LOL.. I dare you to try them and get back to us (after you sobered up, of course.).

I’m still in the process of sobering up from the midsummer festivities, but I’ll take a note and will taste them when I have a chance.

Jun 21, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #61,007 of 153,808
I’m still in the process of sobering up from the midsummer festivities, but I’ll take a note and will taste them when I have a chance.

So...'summer' is early this year in Finland?
I thought it was the weekend of July 18th & 19th! :wink:

@Ableza would freeze up there! 🥶

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #61,008 of 153,808
Hey guys, would you believe I spent eleven hours listening to the Clear with the Jot and Modius last night? I never wore hp that long before :L3000:

This bodes really well for me, then, seeing as I'll soon be pairing a Jotunheim with my Bifrost 2 using Focal cans :) Looking forward to your listening impressions.

Jun 21, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #61,009 of 153,808
What a bass player she is!

Jeff can play a bit too....

I was due to see him last month.
Re-scheduled for 2021
Thanks for the lead...

I've been able to see Jeff Beck once, or maybe twice. I hope he comes through again. Another guitarist to watch for is Robin Trower. He put on a fantastic show for us several years ago. An incredibly varied set of '60s rock, acid rock, jazzy stuff all with great musicianship. Unfortunately I missed him his last time through.
I love all his stuff, from the early days of Yardbirds and then The Jeff Beck Group with Rod Stewart, but Blow by Blow changed everything for me.
+1 Blow By Blow is my favorite Jeff Beck album, period. I do like his some of his more recent stuff, too: Jeff and You Had It Coming. Good rhythms on those discs. I introduced myself to Jeff Beck in college with Guitar Shop. The title track and "A Day in the House" are still favorites.

Jun 21, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #61,010 of 153,808
Looks like everyone here is getting new Schiit this days.
I still waiting for Aegirs and freyas to back in stock here in europe, cause my speakers still unboxed, and this long wait isnt good for my health :o2smile:

By the way, would love see Schiit doing a tube power amp, really liked the looks of this Copland one, but im sure a Schiit one, will look and sound better!
160311_Copland_63437.jpg

Jun 21, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #61,011 of 153,808
At Copland's price point I am sure Schiit could do something really nice, but that's a bit outside their normal target range don't you think?

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #61,012 of 153,808
Looks like everyone here is getting new Schiit this days.
I still waiting for Aegirs and freyas to back in stock here in europe, cause my speakers still unboxed, and this long wait isnt good for my health :o2smile:

By the way, would love see Schiit doing a tube power amp, really liked the looks of this Copland one, but im sure a Schiit one, will look and sound better!160311_Copland_63437.jpg
don’t forget that 99% of the looks is done by led lamps and a friend of mine has a very nice sounding hybrid one from them, awkward in maintenance i tell you

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #61,013 of 153,808
Thanks for the lead...

I've been able to see Jeff Beck once, or maybe twice. I hope he comes through again. Another guitarist to watch for is Robin Trower. He put on a fantastic show for us several years ago. An incredibly varied set of '60s rock, acid rock, jazzy stuff all with great musicianship. Unfortunately I missed him his last time through.

+1 Blow By Blow is my favorite Jeff Beck album, period. I do like his some of his more recent stuff, too: Jeff and You Had It Coming. Good rhythms on those discs. I introduced myself to Jeff Beck in college with Guitar Shop. The title track and "A Day in the House" are still favorites.

Big Block, Grease Monkey, Hip-Notica... :D

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #61,014 of 153,808
Jun 21, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #61,015 of 153,808
Thanks for the lead...

I first saw Robin Trower in 1974 when he was supporting Jethro Tull in London.
I had never heard of him before the gig.
He absolutely blew us away and I bought Bridge of Sighs straight afterwards!
That is still my favourite but he has done many good albums
The late Jimmy Dewar was a great singer and complemented Robin Trower's playing really well.
I have seen Robin Trower four times; most recently about two years ago at a small venue near me. He is still brilliant and unlike some of the 'elder statesmen' touring, he absolutely plays his heart out for the audience.

Jun 21, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #61,016 of 153,808
At Copland's price point I am sure Schiit could do something really nice, but that's a bit outside their normal target range don't you think?

Hi @Ableza, Im not taking price point in consideration, just thinking maybe they can do something similar in a Vidar/Aegir chassis , just looks like thats a product missing in the Schiit stereo amplifiers lineup IMO.

@Derrick Swart im a photographer, its hard don't take looks in consideration, sure thats not the first aspect im look into audio gear, but for sure if i find 2 great products, at same price point, i will take the prettiest, can't resist! lucky me, that i love Schiit sound and design. :L3000:

Jun 21, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #61,018 of 153,808
I first saw Robin Trower in 1974 when he was supporting Jethro Tull in London.
I had never heard of him before the gig.
He absolutely blew us away and I bought Bridge of Sighs straight afterwards!
That is still my favourite but he has done many good albums
The late Jimmy Dewar was a great singer and complemented Robin Trower's playing really well.
I have seen Robin Trower four times; most recently about two years ago at a small venue near me. He is still brilliant and unlike some of the 'elder statesmen' touring, he absolutely plays his heart out for the audience.
I couldn't get over how Jimmy would kick that bass's ass and sing blue-eyed soul and never miss a beat, note or lyric. Many a party was had with 'Bridge of Sighs' for the soundtrack

Jun 21, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #61,019 of 153,808
Hi @Ableza, Im not taking price point in consideration, just thinking maybe they can do something similar in a Vidar/Aegir chassis , just looks like thats a product missing in the Schiit stereo amplifiers lineup IMO.

@Derrick Swart im a photographer, its hard don't take looks in consideration, sure thats not the first aspect im look into audio gear, but for sure if i find 2 great products, at same price point, i will take the prettiest, can't resist! lucky me, that i love Schiit sound and design. :L3000:
Ha! Lucky us, too! :wink:

Jun 21, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #61,020 of 153,808
I'm thinking Schiit purchase No. 6 could happen tonight. I'm delighted with the 5 items I have, although No. 6 will likely replace one.
I hear you, I just spent a little bit on the Clear, Jot and Modius so the Freya+ that I want, nay need to be my No. 6 on the Schiit-pile, not counting PYST cables, will just have to wait, sigh :rage::joy::disappointed:

Edit: I can't count today, sorry :beerchug: . Its gonna be 6 soon

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back