Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 21, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #61,051 of 150,909
I am old. :wink:
We're all getting old, we just need to make the best of what time we have remaining. Was it Jason who said that their average customer was 36 years old? I'm 1.5x that. I was in kindergarten when you were seeing Procol Harem. I went to my first rock concert in 1980; I can't believe my parents let me go see Yes when I was in 7th grade.

Jun 21, 2020 at 8:39 PM Post #61,054 of 150,909
For me it’s plenty hot already. I think anything over 22C is starting to get uncomfortable.
Still only just comfortable for me. Much better in 28-34 degrees :wink:
Then we get the Aussie summer 40+ degree days ... that's good beer drinking weather

Jun 21, 2020 at 8:40 PM Post #61,055 of 150,909
How could they say no to Yes?
Had they known that we would have been doing well over 100 MPH on the way to the Hartford Civic Center, they may have had good reason. I went with my classmate; his older brother was driving his Mustang, his buddy was in the passenger seat.

Jun 21, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #61,056 of 150,909
What a noob!!! Everyone knows that the different finishes have different resonant properties thus impacting the sound. Matching audio equipment's finish and therefore its sound signature/profile is imperative to good sound. :smirk:

You joke (I think) but many years ago someone wrote a review of a component that had the option of wooden knobs that were claimed to make the sound better. Maybe it was that magical myrtle wood that Cardas uses. IDK.

Jun 21, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #61,057 of 150,909
Hey all!

Any Fulla 2 owners lurking?

Looking at pics, it appears Fulla 2 uses the "painted steel" top, so if I were to get a matching SYS, I would want steel, not aluminum, correct?

(The SYS would be to control a sub level separately from the Fulla2 pot)

I cant let all this b-stock action pass by without picking something up...LOL.

Jun 21, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #61,058 of 150,909
That would be correct. Fulla 2 is painted steel and the painted steel SYS would be the closest match.

Jun 21, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #61,059 of 150,909
Yes, to be fair, Santana did a decent job on that song.
Some people also don’t know that there was a Fleetwood Mac long before Nicks and Buckingham joined and that they sold a few records.....
In 1969 they sold more than The Beatles and Rolling Stones combined.
I haven't heard enough Peter Green, tbh. Could you point me towards some of your favorites? Thanks

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2020 at 8:53 PM Post #61,060 of 150,909
Had they known that we would have been doing well over 100 MPH on the way to the Hartford Civic Center, they may have had good reason. I went with my classmate; his older brother was driving his Mustang, his buddy was in the passenger seat.
General car safety and crash protection wasn't really high on most people's priority lists back in those day though. When I was much younger, my parents had a Karmann Ghia convertible with a leaky roof, that my sister and I would ride in the back of. There really wasn't a back. There isn't a second row of seats, and there sure as hell weren't child seat LATCH anchors. I survived, so that I could purchase Schiit.

Jun 21, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #61,061 of 150,909
That would be correct. Fulla 2 is painted steel and the painted steel SYS would be the closest match.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I was secretly hoping a black SYS would be coming to match my Fulla 3, but instead of holding my breath any longer, I may just go Fulla2+steelSYS and give the F3 to my brother. =-)

Jun 21, 2020 at 9:04 PM Post #61,062 of 150,909
We're all getting old, we just need to make the best of what time we have remaining. Was it Jason who said that their average customer was 36 years old? I'm 1.5x that. I was in kindergarten when you were seeing Procol Harem. I went to my first rock concert in 1980; I can't believe my parents let me go see Yes when I was in 7th grade.
...you're still just a kid :wink: Ouch I was 24 in '80 ha, we still have plenty of time to buy more Schiit.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #61,063 of 150,909
Absolutely no pain on my end. I've purchased 14 pieces of Schiit on my journey so far, not including the Unison card for my Yggdrasil. I'm waiting for Freya+, which I understand is due to a parts shortage of some type. In the meantime, I have my Freya OG and a used Freya S that I picked up. I'm just waiting to be able to do a 3-way comparison, choose my winner, then stick with it for quite some time.

I decided to go down the vinyl rabbit hole, beyond my existing Project Debut TT and 2M Red cartridge that came with it. I'm really not in need of another phono preamp either, it's just the thing that I think interests me the most, of what I expect is in the pipeline.

Vinyl requires a tubed phono stage. I'm pretty sure it's one of Newton's laws, just can't find the reference right now. :)

Jun 21, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #61,064 of 150,909

Parents were a lot more permissive (less paranoid?) with their kids back then.

Jun 21, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #61,065 of 150,909
Parents were a lot more permissive (less paranoid?) with their kids back then.

I agree. My parents let me go to my first strip club when I was in 3rd grade. (I'm pretty sure I asked them.) :thinking: **

** Comments made may or may not be based in fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back