Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 6, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #60,166 of 151,076
"the place where something is situated or occurs"

The plural is "loci", so Ripper2860 should have said "Loci swarms"....
Not to put to fine a point on it but depending on the context the plural for locus can be locus, loca, loco, loci and a bunch more.
I couldn't find the first post back but I think it should be loco in this instance.

Jun 6, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #60,168 of 151,076
Rina's "pets."

rina pets.jpg

"Pets" because they are furniture for 5 months out of the year (hibernating.) On the other hand, we'll need to put them in our will.

From left to right: Lada, Gaz, Warwick, Volga, Trabant. Don't ask.
I heard they can be bloody fast if they want.

Jun 6, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #60,169 of 151,076
Jun 6, 2020 at 4:43 PM Post #60,170 of 151,076
If it helps, 4 are Russian tortoises and 1 is a California Desert Tortoise. The first Russian tortoise was named for a Russian movie, Black Lightning, in which there is a flying Volga. I warned you, don't ask. And yes, I know, Warwick, England, has nothing at all to do with California, but again, don't ask. Warwick is also the offspring of a 110-120 year old California Desert Tortoise named "Toad" which we got for doing a website for selling performance car parts (Toad is now passed on, did not come out of hibernation one year). All proof that you can't make this Schiit up, truth is stranger than fiction, etc.

Holy hell we should do dogs or cats....more sane by far.
Try children.

Jun 6, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #60,171 of 151,076
Not to put to fine a point on it but depending on the context the plural for locus can be locus, loca, loco, loci and a bunch more.
I couldn't find the first post back but I think it should be loco in this instance.

Living la vida loca.

Jun 6, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #60,172 of 151,076

Considering who the OP was, loco is perfect...in Spanish. :)

Jun 6, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #60,173 of 151,076

I'm pretty sure in this context it should be Loki, and by using a swarm of them you can really boost the bass.

Jun 6, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #60,174 of 151,076
Jun 6, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #60,175 of 151,076
I just got through changing oil in the wife's car (racking up the miles back and forth from the street corner). I'm certainly old enough for car maintenance retirement, but I'm still just cheap. :)
You will soon find that the physics course you took in college that said 'gravity is a constant' is pure bullschiit. As you age, gravity increases. Therefore, I don't do car maintenance any more (although I am far better and cheaper than local dealers, since getting down on the ground is easy, but getting up is an ordeal. Save your back!

Jun 6, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #60,178 of 151,076
When you get to be an old fart, you must fix it with a credit card.

But I maxed that out on audio toys. Nobody ever tells me these things. :)

Jun 6, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #60,179 of 151,076
I get lucky, as it seems packages from CA get over-nighted to the East, via air freight. So, Schiit Stuuf gets to me pretty quickly.

Good luck with your Modius. I hope it shows up soon!

Apparently I get unlucky as now USPS says the package has been delayed and they don't even have an estimated delivery date, despite me being on the West Coast and my Modius shipping the morning they were announced. Still, could be worse. I ordered Magnepan LRSs in February, still waiting for them. And the Rel subwoofer I ordered has also been delayed by UPS due to "civil unrest".

Jun 6, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #60,180 of 151,076
Apparently I get unlucky as now USPS says the package has been delayed and they don't even have an estimated delivery date, despite me being on the West Coast and my Modius shipping the morning they were announced. Still, could be worse. I ordered Magnepan LRSs in February, still waiting for them. And the Rel subwoofer I ordered has also been delayed by UPS due to "civil unrest".

Not good. I used to be patient, but not any more. Stuff like this makes me crazy now. But, at least when everything is together, you'll have a sweet system. Worth the wait.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back