Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 4, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #60,062 of 150,837
Schiit Balanced Multibit DAC HP Amp Pre

With a remote.

Would probably need to use a Freya size chassis or Yggdrasil size if needed based on the content below.

What if it had an on-board phono pre built-in and Loki Max?

Where might Gadget fit with all this?

I really like my RME ADI-2 but I wonder what Schiit could do with a feature set like this that would be the front end to drive a set of mono amps or fine 2-channel power amp.

No neutered DAC cards but integral with the board layout which allows for multiple digital inputs. Built-in phono section would support MM/MC. If Nexus is employed as with my beloved Freya S it would allow seamless SE and balanced integration.

The headphone amp section utilizing a scheme that would need to cover a wide swath of HP types.

By the way the Freya S on gain 4 setting into the mono Vidars into Magnepan LRSs is sublime...

Sure it would cost a pretty penny but one chassis with internal power supplies would have its efficiencies and no wall warts. Pie in the sky maybe… so scale it back a bit. But I like the sound of a “Schiit Balanced Multibit DAC HP Amp Pre w/remote”. On second thought, maybe the Ragnarok chassis minus the power amp would be a good platform...this might need the real-estate, volume, and the heat sinks might be helpful.

What are your thoughts?

Jun 4, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #60,063 of 150,837
What's a Locus?

:)

A smaller version of a Locust :rolling_eyes:

And I hate you. ** :unamused:

** Your insignificance makes you unworthy of my even using an exclamation point, I might add. :smirk:

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #60,064 of 150,837
Jun 4, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #60,065 of 150,837
But wait!
There's more…
We have dogs sleeping with cats, and cats taking over the dog beds, without mayhem!

What's this world coming to?????
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

JJ

And weren't there rumblings that the magnetic poles may flip?!?!

Jun 4, 2020 at 7:29 PM Post #60,066 of 150,837
Schiit Balanced Multibit DAC HP Amp Pre

With a remote.

Would probably need to use a Freya size chassis or Yggdrasil size if needed based on the content below.

What if it had an on-board phono pre built-in and Loki Max?

Where might Gadget fit with all this?

I really like my RME ADI-2 but I wonder what Schiit could do with a feature set like this that would be the front end to drive a set of mono amps or fine 2-channel power amp.

No neutered DAC cards but integral with the board layout which allows for multiple digital inputs. Built-in phono section would support MM/MC. If Nexus is employed as with my beloved Freya S it would allow seamless SE and balanced integration.

The headphone amp section utilizing a scheme that would need to cover a wide swath of HP types.

By the way the Freya S on gain 4 setting into the mono Vidars into Magnepan LRSs is sublime...

Sure it would cost a pretty penny but one chassis with internal power supplies would have its efficiencies and no wall warts. Pie in the sky maybe… so scale it back a bit. But I like the sound of a “Schiit Balanced Multibit DAC HP Amp Pre w/remote”. On second thought, maybe the Ragnarok chassis minus the power amp would be a good platform...this might need the real-estate, volume, and the heat sinks might be helpful.

What are your thoughts?

"What are your thoughts?"

Include a handful of tuubz and I'm all in.

EDIT: p.s. AND a black finish!

Jun 4, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #60,067 of 150,837
"What are your thoughts?"

Include a handful of tuubz and I'm all in.

EDIT: p.s. AND a black finish!
I haven't dealt with tubes since the 70's, but wouldn't mind exploring that. I've switched between black and silver a couple times...both favorites!

Jun 4, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #60,069 of 150,837
And weren't there rumblings that the magnetic poles may flip?!?!

don't forget that most of the earth is a ball of white-hot molten metal (the stuff that volcanoes spew out, except it has cooled a bit by then)

… and now back to coffee, cats, false teeth (I must have missed that one)

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 8:03 PM Post #60,070 of 150,837
don't forget that most of the earth is a ball of white-hot molten metal (the stuff that volcanoes spew out, except it has cooled a bit by then)

Yah, and I was here in Seattle 40 years ago when this thing went off! About the same time I had my amazing Pioneer SA-9800 system after university.

1591315305522.png

...and I had to clean the ash off my (acquired from dad) Mazda RX-2 rotary engined coupe every couple of days for a while.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 8:15 PM Post #60,072 of 150,837
Living together...?

Rina's "pets."

rina pets.jpg

"Pets" because they are furniture for 5 months out of the year (hibernating.) On the other hand, we'll need to put them in our will.

From left to right: Lada, Gaz, Warwick, Volga, Trabant. Don't ask.

Last edited:
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jun 4, 2020 at 8:24 PM Post #60,073 of 150,837
Rina's "pets."

"Pets" because they are furniture for 5 months out of the year (hibernating.) On the other hand, we'll need to put them in our will.

I detect a low quality, Soviet-bloc auto vibe in some of those names.

Jun 4, 2020 at 8:24 PM Post #60,074 of 150,837
Rina's "pets."

river names????

couldn't arrange them by decreasing size before snapping the pic?? should have had enough time to get out of the frame :)

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 8:27 PM Post #60,075 of 150,837
Anybody know why the PYST RCA and XLR cables are no longer listed? Only the USB cable is available.

I’ll be really pyst if they have been discontinued!
I asked Schiit About this and they are simply out of stock. They do not have an ETA for new stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back