Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 15, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #54,736 of 149,298
So the Fulla I got for my son has been sitting in Phoenix since Wednesday afternoon. FedEx customer service has been useless. I am going to contact Schiit tomorrow to see if they can figure out what is going on.

Dec 15, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #54,737 of 149,298
So the Fulla I got for my son has been sitting in Phoenix since Wednesday afternoon. FedEx customer service has been useless. I am going to contact Schiit tomorrow to see if they can figure out what is going on.

Sorry to hear that. We have 100+ FedEx shipments a day (incoming and outgoing) at work, and this time of year their ground service times are horrible. They maintain service levels on the air shipments, but ground is a different story (and I'm just assuming your Fulla shipped ground). The HEL I ordered for my son last weekend shipped via USPS and arrived yesterday. Wasn't even looking for it as I didn't get an email indicating it had shipped. (?) All is well and I'm glad it's here regardless...

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #54,738 of 149,298
Not sure how to interpret that, but in case you aren't completely up to speed on Bill and I...

Bill and I are HF buddies and have been for quite some time. We trade barbs and throw each other under the bus at every opportunity (directly or indirectly). It's all in fun and entertaining -- even i f it is only us deriving that entertainment at times. If your intent was to somehow defend Bill from my antics, no need as Bill knows I'm one of his biggest fans. :wink:
I know that it all in good jest, and was just recognizing your mastery of wit. No offense whatsoever was intended.

Dec 15, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #54,739 of 149,298
Glad to hear that. I just wanted to ensure that you knew it was all in good fun and that there was no ill-will between Bill and I. Forums are full of misinterpretations and misunderstandings and I certainly did not ant to come off as a bully. Now @bcowen on the other hand… :laughing:

Dec 15, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #54,740 of 149,298
Glad to hear that. I just wanted to ensure that you knew it was all in good fun and that there was no ill-will between Bill and I. Forums are full of misinterpretations and misunderstandings and I certainly did not ant to come off as a bully. Now @bcowen on the other hand… :laughing:
How could anyone misinterpret your acerbic wit?

Dec 15, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #54,741 of 149,298

Bullies have to have some form of mastery over their victim, so no worries here. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Dec 15, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #54,742 of 149,298

Thank you, I think ... :thinking:

(Runs off to Google definition of acerbic...)

Bullies have to have some form of mastery over their victim, so no worries here. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Well, it certainly does not stop you from trying!! :D

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #54,743 of 149,298
So the DC Headfi meet has started. Thank you @Jason Stoddard and Amy and Denise for the Schiit Kit and all the Macbooks.
7CABC34A-CD24-46CC-B6DE-5C721BAD2F7A.jpeg

And yes that is one of my fully built and working Schiit Coaster Amps. . Thanks again to @Paladin79 for the encouragement and advice on what was my gateway drug to diy audio.

Dec 15, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #54,744 of 149,298
@Paladin79 was also kind enough to send me the incognito tubes for the Lyr3, some “c-words” to go with my personal plethora of custom and stock “c-words” from a more affordable vendor of wires.

DC8DF7E2-9F78-4882-8056-9DD74D41FF73.jpeg

Dec 15, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #54,745 of 149,298
Very nice. Have a great show, 'Al'. **

**Not his real name.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #54,746 of 149,298
So the DC Headfi meet has started. Thank you @Jason Stoddard and Amy and Denise for the Schiit Kit and all the Macbooks.
And yes that is one of my fully built and working Schiit Coaster Amps. . Thanks again to @Paladin79 for the encouragement and advice on what was my gateway drug to diy audio.

I should have sent you a spiffy enclosure for the Coaster amp but did not think of it lol. From what I have read you should have a good size group exhibiting and a very successful meet.

Dec 15, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #54,747 of 149,298
Thank you, I think ... :thinking:

(Runs off to Google definition of acerbic...)...

Why, that egg-suckin' dawg!
Head's up Ripper, am thinkin' Sam's messing with you.

C'mon now son, "...misinterpret your acerbic wit?"

Rural South Georgia, my @$$ :unamused:

Gotta be a transplant...at best a highfalutin' lawyer from Savannah :wink:

Dec 15, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #54,748 of 149,298

Ha, ha! Actually, an engineer from the NYC area of New Jersey, to 44 years in Orlando, now retired in Dixie, GA. I have not, however, lost my NYC style sense of humor and delight in 'stirring the pot'. My skin is also very thick.

Dec 15, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #54,749 of 149,298
I should have sent you a spiffy enclosure for the Coaster amp but did not think of it lol. From what I have read you should have a good size group exhibiting and a very successful meet.

You could have sent him some purple sleeve for the Audeze "C" too. Just sayin'. :smile:

Dec 15, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #54,750 of 149,298

So, no chance of him saying "The two 'yutes" then...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back