Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 9, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #51,766 of 149,361
Well you do live in the correct location for them. :) My local flora looks more like this:

Is that flowering all year long?
If yes then it's natures treasure for you.

The Netherlands sure produces a lot of Tulips and Tulip bulbs.
The origin of the flower however, lies in Turkey.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #51,770 of 149,361
Thanks for this! Could you contrast this with what you had earlier? And this is with Saga?

I upgraded from the Audioengine N22 integrated amp used as a power amp. The Saga has remained in the system with a new production Psvane tube.

The improvements that the Aegir brought were a smoother treble and more open and resolving midrange without getting analytical.

Oct 9, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #51,773 of 149,361
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Oct 9, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #51,774 of 149,361
Wow you really do make cool looking cables.

And they sound good too. Or don't sound, whatever. And I even have silver ones, which probably don't sound as good as purple. :smile:

Oct 9, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #51,775 of 149,361
And they sound good too. Or don't sound, whatever. And I even have silver ones, which probably don't sound as good as purple. :smile:
Mr. Cowen gifted me a complete set of tubes for a Cary amp, if he wanted paisley cables I would try to make them for him.:smile_phones:

Oct 9, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #51,776 of 149,361
Mr. Cowen gifted me a complete set of tubes for a Cary amp, if he wanted paisley cables I would try to make them for him.:smile_phones:
Seems that only appeals to Apple folk
zu73109603_main_tm1562692862.jpg

Oct 9, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #51,777 of 149,361
vacuum_tube_spider_group_by_amechanicalmind-d6dathu.jpg

But the glass broke on my Chatham 6AS7G.....

Here is an idea - would work for my Sylvania 6BL7 without vacuum :
2bf345bf5f99dc94d7c6e6c7dfa20ceb--antique-radio-vacuum-tube.jpg

This looks like a good use for the unused 6AK5 tubes:
electron_vacuum_tube_pendants_with_copper_caps_by_tursiart-d62b74g.jpg

OK - let's get serious. How about a 64GB tube flash drive? Only $69 (The Genalex version costs more):
61R2ti48hOL._SL1024_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Handmade-ORANGE-Pentode-Steampunk-Industrial/dp/B00NB0QYPQ
Have fun!

@Paladin79 cross quoting this...I’m sure you have seen these before.... if not, I thought you would particularly like the bottle topper!

Oct 9, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #51,778 of 149,361
@Paladin79 cross quoting this...I’m sure you have seen these before.... if not, I thought you would particularly like the bottle topper!

I have seen the bottom photo before but not the bottle stopper.

In the top photo, they appear to be using the springs from watch band retainers. I have a fairly large kit of those, I may have to try it out. I have plenty of tubes.

IMG_0760.jpg Some of my work with dud tubes on the right, a headphone rack, all wiring is internal. Both tubes are light but it may not show well in the photo.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #51,779 of 149,361
I have seen the bottom photo before but not the bottle stopper.

In the top photo, they appear to be using the springs from watch band retainers. I have a fairly large kit of those, I may have to try it out. I have plenty of tubes.

Some of my work with dud tubes on the right, a headphone rack, all wiring is internal. Both tubes are light but it may not show well in the photo.
What is the tube amp to the left? Is it a Glenn amp? Also the spider tubes remind me of Ghost in the Shell robots...they look pretty cool! I like the bottle topper also pretty unique!

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #51,780 of 149,361
What is the tube amp to the left? Is it a Glenn amp?
Cary SLA 70 Mark II, I also have a Cary phono preamp I am borrowing and may luck into another piece in the near future. They lend themselves well to upgrades and general maintenance, this style amp is probably 20 years old so I have replaced many capacitors.

This one is class A push-pull and produces about 35 watts per channel, plenty of power for the speakers I use. I like class A but it is not for everyone, especially when using tubes. My downstairs stays cool year round so that helps. :smile_phones:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back