1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    Flowers sooth the soul.

RCBinTN, Byronb, dr cornelius and 4 others like this.
  2. GearMe
    Much like some music can!

S-S-MR likes this.
  3. Odin412
    I upgraded from the Audioengine N22 integrated amp used as a power amp. The Saga has remained in the system with a new production Psvane tube.

The improvements that the Aegir brought were a smoother treble and more open and resolving midrange without getting analytical.

4. Smithington
    Every day is a school day!

gljus likes this.
  5. Alexnova
    Bummer the Vidar got pushed back again on backorder :frowning2:

6. Jason Stoddard
    Only silver is on backorder. We have plenty of black.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
    33na3rd, QueYo and thebmc like this.
  7. bcowen
    And they sound good too. Or don't sound, whatever. And I even have silver ones, which probably don't sound as good as purple. :smile:

8. Paladin79
    Mr. Cowen gifted me a complete set of tubes for a Cary amp, if he wanted paisley cables I would try to make them for him.:smile_phones:

Old Deaf Donkey and bcowen like this.
  9. jimmers
    Seems that only appeals to Apple folk
    [​IMG]

10. Darthpool
    @Paladin79 cross quoting this...I’m sure you have seen these before.... if not, I thought you would particularly like the bottle topper!

11. Paladin79
    I have seen the bottom photo before but not the bottle stopper.

In the top photo, they appear to be using the springs from watch band retainers. I have a fairly large kit of those, I may have to try it out. I have plenty of tubes.

IMG_0760.jpg Some of my work with dud tubes on the right, a headphone rack, all wiring is internal. Both tubes are light but it may not show well in the photo.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    bcowen, Old Deaf Donkey and Darthpool like this.
  12. Darthpool
    What is the tube amp to the left? Is it a Glenn amp? Also the spider tubes remind me of Ghost in the Shell robots...they look pretty cool! I like the bottle topper also pretty unique!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    bcowen, JLoud and Paladin79 like this.
  13. Paladin79
    Cary SLA 70 Mark II, I also have a Cary phono preamp I am borrowing and may luck into another piece in the near future. They lend themselves well to upgrades and general maintenance, this style amp is probably 20 years old so I have replaced many capacitors.

This one is class A push-pull and produces about 35 watts per channel, plenty of power for the speakers I use. I like class A but it is not for everyone, especially when using tubes. My downstairs stays cool year round so that helps. :smile_phones:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019 at 7:42 AM
  14. hearditontheX
    Because I know nothing about tubes, especially when used for structural purposes, I wonder how many cycles that tube will endure as a hp holder.

Paladin79 likes this.
  15. audio philestine
    bcowen and Darthpool like this.