Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 30, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #51,481 of 150,767
Last edited:
Sep 30, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #51,482 of 150,767
I don't have much bluegrass in my musical diet but I've always appreciated the raw musical talent. I came across Billy Strings while watching some youtoob videos of Marcus King (search youtoob for Marcus King + Billy Strings, they're a great pair).

Billy Strings released "Home" last week and it's a damn fine listen. If you've only got time for one song start with the title track but let it play all the way through.

Billy turns 27 this week and Marcus King is, I believe, only 23. So it's nice to see the younger generations making good music.

Anyway, Billy Strings "Home". Available on Qobuz and Spotify but not Amazon Music. (Not sure about Tidal)

Billy Strings_Home.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #51,483 of 150,767
Tekton or Salk, while sounding like interesting stuff is a no go. Not paying customs, taxes and VAT +handling and shipping etc etc for speakers I've never heard. Sad! It's too bad, I've read so much nice stuff about both. Tekton might fail WAF though :D
Zu has a dealer in DK, and although I have to travel a day to hear them, I intend to do that; right now I'm debating whether I should go nuts and travel even further to hear some Neat Iota (Alpha and Xplorer). I might just do that.
what about Dynaudio?

Sep 30, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #51,486 of 150,767
what about Amphion, ATC, KEF, ADAM, HEDD, Genelec etc ??
I specifically mentioned dynaudio because they were (still are???) from Denmark, so probably easier for the original poster to find a local dealer. Nothing against the other brands you listed, in fact I have some KEF 2005 "eggs" on my home-theater setup (satellites OK, but powered woofer's amp module was unreliable and cheaply made, but that's off topic).

many brands now off-shored to China nowadays... China has been greatly limiting the export of the raw rare-earth materials needed for high-flux magnets, so mfrs need to make complete speaker systems in China, or least fab the drivers there.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #51,488 of 150,767
I don't have much bluegrass in my musical diet but I've always appreciated the raw musical talent. I came across Billy Strings while watching some youtoob videos of Marcus King (search youtoob for Marcus King + Billy Strings, they're a great pair).

Billy Strings released "Home" last week and it's a damn fine listen. If you've only got time for one song start with the title track but let it play all the way through.

Billy turns 27 this week and Marcus King is, I believe, only 23. So it's nice to see the younger generations making good music.

Anyway, Billy Strings "Home". Available on Qobuz and Spotify but not Amazon Music. (Not sure about Tidal)

You bet! There's not many pickers can keep up with Tommy Emmanuel (CGP, look it up) but Billy Strings can!
This one's for you @Baldr ... hope you are well, mate :)

Sep 30, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #51,489 of 150,767
Tekton or Salk, while sounding like interesting stuff is a no go. Not paying customs, taxes and VAT +handling and shipping etc etc for speakers I've never heard. Sad! It's too bad, I've read so much nice stuff about both. Tekton might fail WAF though :D
Zu has a dealer in DK, and although I have to travel a day to hear them, I intend to do that; right now I'm debating whether I should go nuts and travel even further to hear some Neat Iota (Alpha and Xplorer). I might just do that.

These are definitely worth checking out: https://davonespeakers.com/

Had a short listen at a showroom myself and they weren’t bad at all... The best thing about them is that they are truly a piece of art to look at. The looks are even better in real life.

Sep 30, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #51,490 of 150,767
These are definitely worth checking out: https://davonespeakers.com/

Had a short listen at a showroom myself and they weren’t bad at all... The best thing about them is that they are truly a piece of art to look at. The looks are even better in real life.
They may sound like crap, but I'd have them just for the looks.

Sep 30, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #51,491 of 150,767
They may sound like crap, but I'd have them just for the looks.

Hmmmm…..at least this one is appropriately named. Not sure I'd fully enjoy the music though due to anxiety of being sucked into it and turned into food. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

upload_2019-9-30_21-1-23.png

Sep 30, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #51,492 of 150,767
Hmmmm…..at least this one is appropriately named. Not sure I'd fully enjoy the music though due to anxiety of being sucked into it and turned into food. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

This one is made for HI-FI listening... The Gamut Hi-Fi lobster chair :wink:

307069FE-DE7B-468D-95D3-FB0D31D6AADA.png

A little on the over priced side though lol

Sep 30, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #51,493 of 150,767

That's a Tekton Lore on the left side of the pic. Rather unobtrusive (to me anyway), and probably even less so without big a$$ brass feet. It's one of very few speakers that has taken residence without whining and grumbling from the spousal unit.

Lore.jpg

Sep 30, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #51,494 of 150,767
This one is made for HI-FI listening... The Gamut Hi-Fi lobster chair :wink:

A little on the over priced side though lol

Now that is cool. But I'm guessing if I have to ask the price it's probably not gonna happen. :money_mouth:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back