Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 29, 2019 at 11:56 PM Post #51,466 of 150,739
You're basically just one step ahead of me but otherwise the same.... I had Magnepan 1.7i and Zu on my list but have removed them for various reasons.

You're all a couple of steps ahead of me. I'm looking hard at Zu DW or Omen at the moment; would you mind stating your reasons for not going with them?

(If I go with them, I will probably use them with dual Aegirs instead of the NAD 272, eventually)

Sep 30, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #51,467 of 150,739
You're all a couple of steps ahead of me. I'm looking hard at Zu DW or Omen at the moment; would you mind stating your reasons for not going with them?

I really want to get away from hearing cabinets. Hence looking at Spatials, Magnepans and, DIY. I mainly dropped the Maggies as they are too amplifier prohibitive and I prefer to have more options. However...the Tektons get so many rave reviews that I can't take them off the list. I won't make a final decision until I have a chance to listen to all of them...one of these days when I have time...

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #51,468 of 150,739
FWIW I'm listening to Zu DW now, to my ears they are pretty awesome. ( I want to say magical, but that might be the scotch mod over selling)

Also, if you view speakers as a piece of furniture/art and like stained & veneered wood vs paint the Zu finish is pretty awesome.

Look ma no fingerprints!!

Sep 30, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #51,469 of 150,739
Hi @Jason Stoddard I will order this week the Bifrost 2 from your distributor in Europe, yet im also very curious about the new Asgard 3, and thinking about replace one of my amps with it.
Cause that i was thinking about connectivity between all my system and i have some questions.

1- For the ones who don't plan use Balanced connection, you already thinked about the possibility of a Bifrost card with 3 RCA outs?
Not sure if it makes any sense, but then you can connect it directly to Speaker Amp / Headphone tube Amp / Headphone solid state Amp without the need of SYS or any rca switchbox.

2- If someones wants use the Bifrost 2 balanced, would be great a pre amp with same width as Bifrost and balanced in/out, did you have any plans for a "taller" Saga to accommodate some RCA and XLR in vertical position?

3- When Schiit Sol will be available for european market 230V?

4- Any plans for a new mani (bifrost 2 size) or any Saga size preamp with dac modules?

thanks all
Thank you!

Sep 30, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #51,470 of 150,739
Hi @Jason Stoddard
3- When Schiit Sol will be available for european market 230V?
Thank you!
Jason already answered that one. 50 Hz takes al least another 3-4 months after first good 50 Hz sample received.
But that is of course after they sort out the issues with the first run.
They first need to get it 100% right before any export can be considered I would think

Sep 30, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #51,471 of 150,739
Jason already answered that one. 50 Hz takes al least another 3-4 months after first good 50 Hz sample received.
But that is of course after they sort out the issues with the first run.
They first need to get it 100% right before any export can be considered I would think

Thanks @wout31 ! didnt saw his post about that.
Anyway @Jason Stoddard can you answer my other questions?

thank you guys!

Sep 30, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #51,472 of 150,739
2- If someones wants use the Bifrost 2 balanced, would be great a pre amp with same width as Bifrost and balanced in/out, did you have any plans for a "taller" Saga to accommodate some RCA and XLR in vertical position?

The Jotunheim is all-balanced, same size as the Bifrost (at least same width), and can be used as a pre-amp as well as a headphone-amp.

Sep 30, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #51,474 of 150,739
The Jotunheim is all-balanced, same size as the Bifrost (at least same width), and can be used as a pre-amp as well as a headphone-amp.

Hi Tim, thanks for your reply.
I know that, But probably Saga would be better as pre amp than Jotunheim right? what you think about it? and it have a remote :D

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #51,475 of 150,739
Hi Tim, thanks for your reply.
I know that, But probably Saga would be better as pre amp than Jotunheim right? what you think about it? and it have a remote :D

I don't know if it's better -- define better.

Saga S has more inputs, I believe. But doesn't have any gain, as far as I remember, which somewhat limits it.

Sep 30, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #51,476 of 150,739

My primary reason for dropping the Zu's from consideration was that the next Dirty Weekend sale was a bit down the road and I didn't want to wait, and by that time I was leaning toward the Tekton Design offerings since I had a bit more in the budget by then to look at more expensive options.

Sep 30, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #51,477 of 150,739
My primary reason for dropping the Zu's from consideration was that the next Dirty Weekend sale was a bit down the road and I didn't want to wait, and by that time I was leaning toward the Tekton Design offerings since I had a bit more in the budget by then to look at more expensive options.

Tekton or Salk, while sounding like interesting stuff is a no go. Not paying customs, taxes and VAT +handling and shipping etc etc for speakers I've never heard. Sad! It's too bad, I've read so much nice stuff about both. Tekton might fail WAF though :D
Zu has a dealer in DK, and although I have to travel a day to hear them, I intend to do that; right now I'm debating whether I should go nuts and travel even further to hear some Neat Iota (Alpha and Xplorer). I might just do that.

Sep 30, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #51,478 of 150,739

In case you didn't know the Dirty Weekends are on sale now through 8 Nov. They opened the sale the Monday after RMAF I think.

Sep 30, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #51,479 of 150,739

DW Have been back on sale for the last two weeks or so, they seem to be trying something different this go round. Available for sale until November 8th now. Edit - corrected.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back