Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 31, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #5,102 of 151,794
Unfortunately, I believe the Valhalla 1 didn't have the pre-outs, and that is a must for me now.

There's black amps there too...Lyr has pre-outs.
Incorrect. Only the second generation products (and Mjolnir and Ragnarok) have preamp outs.

EDIT: also, it appears that they only have the black Valhallas and Bifrosts. There's a picture there for a black Lyr, but that seems like it's there because the category is for anything that Schiit just wants to get rid of (old products, B-stock, and black finish products).

Jan 31, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #5,103 of 151,794
The only thing I want in black is not released yet. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 31, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #5,104 of 151,794
Incorrect. Only the second generation products (and Mjolnir and Ragnarok) have preamp outs.

My original Lyr does have pre-outs. And if memory serves, all the black gear was the result of a screw-up by the metal supplier. Schiit took the opportunity to do market research by building them up and offering them. Unfortunately for those of us who would have leapt on a carbon Ragnarok, the noir Schiit sold poorly - as in, they still have a few left all these months later. Thus validating Jason's reluctance to make licorice Schitt a regular catalog item. Sigh.

Jan 31, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #5,105 of 151,794
We need a mocca brown and a warm and dark curry yellow special edition. Goes well with the brand :p

Jan 31, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #5,106 of 151,794

My original Lyr does have pre-outs. And if memory serves, all the black gear was the result of a screw-up by the metal supplier. Schiit took the opportunity to do market research by building them up and offering them. Unfortunately for those of us who would have leapt on a carbon Ragnarok, the noir Schiit sold poorly - as in, they still have a few left all these months later. Thus validating Jason's reluctance to make licorice Schitt a regular catalog item. Sigh.

It was a failed marketing experiment then because it was not marketed.  If I had known the Lyr was available in black when I bought my Lyr, I would have purchased one.  But there was no information (marketing) about them on the Schiit site.   IMO the only thing that can be concluded from this "market research" is that the only people who bought black gear were those with interest who were also lucky enough to stumble across it.

Jan 31, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #5,108 of 151,794

I picked up one of the very last Lyr Noir a few days ago. I consider it a collectors item.
L3000.gif

Jan 31, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #5,111 of 151,794
  You want to clear that Schiit up and tell us what hasn't plopped out yet?

Yggdrasil.  I want one for my main 2-channel system.

I thought you knew something we didn't already know. C'mon you got to give us something else to bullSchiit about.

Jan 31, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #5,112 of 151,794
  I thought you knew something we didn't already know. C'mon you got to give us something else to bullSchiit about.

We probably all know at least one thing that others here might not.  I could offer the fact that US Navy nuclear submarines operating under the Polar ice cap use a special upward-looking sonar system to plot the locations of thin spots in the ice just in case they need to surface.  But that doesn't have Schiit to do with Schiit.

Jan 31, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #5,113 of 151,794

We probably all know at least one thing that others here might not.  I could offer the fact that US Navy nuclear submarines operating under the Polar ice cap use a special upward-looking sonar system to plot the locations of thin spots in the ice just in case they need to surface.  But that doesn't have Schiit to do with Schiit.

Maybe Schiit is going to make an amplifier for Sonar transducers for the US Navy. They'd have no problem with the bid.

Jan 31, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #5,114 of 151,794
  Maybe Schiit is going to make an amplifier for Sonar transducers for the US Navy. They'd have no problem with the bid.

Nor with using small silver toggle switches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back