Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 8, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #50,476 of 154,017
And no, we're not doing a cassette player. Shudder.

I guess I'll have to keep the (many) cassettes that I have in their crates for the time being ... altho' I was thinking of transferring them to digital ... obviously Schiit JILL, but what CASSETTE transport might be used these days ?

Sep 8, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #50,477 of 154,017
I really wish, that I could just hear it somewhere, the difference, with some of my own music and headphones!
That would make choosing easier. :)

Ik zou zeggen, kom gerust langs, maar ja, dat wordt dan wel een retourtje Saudi Arabia....

Sep 8, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #50,479 of 154,017
So is/not Six Sigma then? :confused:

or do you mean some other kind of deviations?
I meant my age based on the user graph Jason posted...

Sep 8, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #50,480 of 154,017
I guess I'll have to keep the (many) cassettes that I have in their crates for the time being ... altho' I was thinking of transferring them to digital ... obviously Schiit JILL, but what CASSETTE transport might be used these days ?

Here 'ya go. I'm sure @Paladin79 could make you a nice adapter cable for it. :grin:

upload_2019-9-8_10-35-27.png

Sep 8, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #50,481 of 154,017
Sep 8, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #50,482 of 154,017
There's ample evidence out there that most women have better hearing than most men. It's a bit sexist though as most men have a naturally occurring notch filter at whatever frequency "nag" is. :grimacing:
It's somewhat more complex.
Women tend to listen better than men and are less exposed to hearing loss inducing activities.
Those are all fenotipical things.
Genotipical differences where never scientifically proven.

Sep 8, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #50,485 of 154,017
Here 'ya go. I'm sure @Paladin79 could make you a nice adapter cable for it. :grin:

I am sorry but I only personally build cables for Schiit products, certain Cary products made before the year 2000 and an occasional purple cable. Well maybe I would help @bcowen with an 8 track cable for his current vehicle but that is where I draw the line. I have standards I follow, when I feel like it. :ksc75smile:

Sep 8, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #50,486 of 154,017
Wow, busy thread this weekend. Random thoughts...

First and foremost, glad/relieved to hear Mr. Moffat feels good enough to be at RMAF. Surely speaking for many when I say, Mike, we're pulling for you and wish you the best.

Second, skins for Schiit?!?! What?!? In an age of phone cases, I suppose. But they better be metal. I sure as Hel ain't gonna put a vinyl wrap on my Ragnarok, unless I want a visit from the Fire Department.

Lady audiophiles? Again? Guys, let's just accept that men and women are different. No, really. They have different priorities, likes, needs, etc. This is not bad (it can be glorious.) But it's unrealistic to expect the girls to enjoy everything the guys enjoy. Leave the ladies to their own devices, and worry about things you can change.

Sep 8, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #50,487 of 154,017
Wow, busy thread this weekend. Random thoughts...

First and foremost, glad/relieved to hear Mr. Moffat feels good enough to be at RMAF. Surely speaking for many when I say, Mike, we're pulling for you and wish you the best.

Second, skins for Schiit?!?! What?!? In an age of phone cases, I suppose. But they better be metal. I sure as Hel ain't gonna put a vinyl wrap on my Ragnarok, unless I want a visit from the Fire Department.

Lady audiophiles? Again? Guys, let's just accept that men and women are different. No, really. They have different priorities, likes, needs, etc. This is not bad (it can be glorious.) But it's unrealistic to expect the girls to enjoy everything the guys enjoy. Leave the ladies to their own devices, and worry about things you can change.
My wife is into niche perfumes and designer handbags. She spends as much or more on her passions as I do on mine. But she is also an astute music lover who can hear things I can no longer hear, and I trust her opinion on what does and does not sound good sometimes more than I trust my own.

Sep 8, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #50,488 of 154,017
Indeed, when Unison is released for Yggdrasil I will need to replace my CD transport with one offering USB.

Other than CD drives meant for use with computers, are there any transports offering USB out? Also, I'm guessing that when Unison becomes available for Yggdrasil that there will be only 1 USB input. So I suppose one would have to choose between using Unison for either a streamer or CD duties but not both.
Just thinking out loud.

Sep 8, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #50,490 of 154,017
My wife is into niche perfumes and designer handbags. She spends as much or more on her passions as I do on mine. But she is also an astute music lover who can hear things I can no longer hear, and I trust her opinion on what does and does not sound good sometimes more than I trust my own.

I believe it was Damon Runyon who said, "The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. But that's the way to bet." There will of course be women who enjoy our hobby, just not many. Sometimes they like the tunes and appreciate the good sound, but balk at the testosterone. And who can blame them? Regards to you and your spouse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back