Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 25, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #45,992 of 149,551
Yggy ordered and waiting to be dispatched. Now waiting for Rag2. Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it... :ksc75smile:

Apr 25, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #45,993 of 149,551
Black Saga and Black Bifrost just hit the site overnight!! This is an awesome combination for under $1000. Recommend to anyone.

I always (and apparently wrongly) assumed black models would show up on the B-stock page. It's good to know I should have been checking the product pages.

I've been fence sitting about a bimby upgrade (from mimby) for a while, and gosh darn if she ain't sexy in black.. Time to hide my credit cards. And re-read Jason's last chapter. And listen to mimby. Breath, focus. OK.

Apr 25, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #45,995 of 149,551
funeral.jpeg

Apr 26, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #45,996 of 149,551
@Jason Stoddard, any new news on the Sol? I think last time you addressed it, the first run was planned for March. Do you have any plans for an upgraded pre-amp to release somewhat in concert with Sol? I am completely sold on Sol, assuming the wow and flutter measurements are reasonable. Do you expect to have those measurements published before the table goes on sale, or will that be something the aftermarket and reviewers will have to bring to the table?

Highly anticipating this table. It seems like a giant killer.

Apr 26, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #45,997 of 149,551
Apr 26, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #45,998 of 149,551
I know some of you have expressed an interest in Amazon providing their own Hi(gher?)-Res streaming service. CNET has a story on the possibility of just that. That would provide another alternative to Tidal and Qobuz. Qobuz is not mentioned in the article unfortunately.

https://www.cnet.com/news/amazon-plans-to-launch-a-hi-def-music-streaming-service-says-report/

I seriously wonder when Spotify is going to release their high-res streaming... it's been rumored for a long time and even had official emails go out for testing. Maybe Amazon launching one will hurry Spotify along...

Apr 26, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #46,000 of 149,551
I always (and apparently wrongly) assumed black models would show up on the B-stock page. It's good to know I should have been checking the product pages.

I've been fence sitting about a bimby upgrade (from mimby) for a while, and gosh darn if she ain't sexy in black.. Time to hide my credit cards. And re-read Jason's last chapter. And listen to mimby. Breath, focus. OK.

Apr 26, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #46,001 of 149,551
Apr 26, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #46,003 of 149,551
That would be correct.....
Cool, didn't want you to introduce a new variable, there's ModiMB V1/V2 though-- V2 has a nicer relaxed presentation-- can hear into the soundstage. Bifrost still going to be better no doubt, but not an all out slaughter vs: V1. & maybe you've seen my posts on the dark forum, the bifrost's the little gem w/direct i2s and no reclocking :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #46,004 of 149,551
I know some of you have expressed an interest in Amazon providing their own Hi(gher?)-Res streaming service. CNET has a story on the possibility of just that. That would provide another alternative to Tidal and Qobuz. Qobuz is not mentioned in the article unfortunately.

https://www.cnet.com/news/amazon-plans-to-launch-a-hi-def-music-streaming-service-says-report/
All these years I just wished that they (or anybody really) would offer the option to download a FLAC when purchasing a digital audio file instead of only offering MP3. I get their angle...... customer friendliness and not wanting to have to explain the choice to people who don't know what it is, but they could hide the option away in the account settings somewhere and people like me who want it would find it and be happy for it.

Apr 26, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #46,005 of 149,551
IMG_0757.jpg IMG_0748.jpg One can never have enough tubes, and they should be lit. My latest headphone stand build, the tubes are replaceable. Tubes in the Freya are CBS Hytrons and Westinghouse at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back