Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 19, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #4,441 of 148,497

I have an Adcom SLS-505. Does exactly what you need, and more. 7 inputs, two tape loops, totally passive. There's also a volume control on it, so you can plug it straight into a power amp (that's what I do, into a Meitner STR55 for my desktop speaker rig) or you can take outputs from the tape loop and leave the volume control out of the circuit and use it just as a switching center. It's essentially a SYS with 7 ins and volume. Except not in a Bifrost case...

Long out of production, I've seen them sell used online for around $150.

Cheers!

EDIT: Because it's passive, it won't drive headphones. I run the tape loop out to a headphone amp, and use the volume control to control the power amp/speakers.

I used to have an old Creek Audio P43 passive preamp and two A43 amps.  Oh, how I miss that rig.  The P43 was completely passive, but you could get it fitted with a small power supply to drive headphones (which I never did).  I let it go to help fund other gear and have regretted it ever since.

Dec 21, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #4,443 of 148,497
Getting schiit to thailand means paying for shipping and taxes either way, i'd much rather buy it directly from you than buy it from Singapore dealer. can i do that?  
is buying from Singapore SLT Tech compulsory or is it more like an option?

also... have you consider separating Singapore-Malaysia, and Thailand, and Indonesia? SG-Malaysia is reachable by bus because it used to be one country, and im aware that there are a couple brands that have sg-malaysia distributors.

if i cant buy from you directly just because there's SLT Tech in singapore, it's pretty sad for me...

Sorry about the confusion with our dealer network.

Any customer may purchase from us, and we will ship to just about any country.  You are not required to purchase from SLT.  Some customers prefer to purchase closer to home- our dealers fill that niche nicely.  We are not currently looking to expand our dealer network, so there will not be a Thai dealer anytime soon, if ever.  If you choose to purchase for delivery to Thailand, please purchase with a Paypal verified transaction, and not a simple credit card transaction.  We've had a lot of credit card fraud from Thailand (about 90% of our orders to that country) and we are likely to significantly delay or cancel a credit card order from Thailand.  Sorry about that policy, but the costs of credit card fraud are charged to the merchant, not the credit card company- and if we are going to keep our prices low, we have to be smart about things like credit card fraud.

Dec 21, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #4,445 of 148,497
Hi Alex, how much would it cost all up to get a Vali to Melbourne, Australia.

You can e-mail them for quotes, or even just add to cart to check shipping to your address really easily.

My Wyrd got shipped direct from them for the cost + ~39USD to metro Perth via FedEx Intl Priority.
Conversion rates thru Paypal are normally 3-4 cents to the dollar lower.

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #4,450 of 148,497

Sorry about the confusion with our dealer network.

Any customer may purchase from us, and we will ship to just about any country.  You are not required to purchase from SLT.  Some customers prefer to purchase closer to home- our dealers fill that niche nicely.  We are not currently looking to expand our dealer network, so there will not be a Thai dealer anytime soon, if ever.  If you choose to purchase for delivery to Thailand, please purchase with a Paypal verified transaction, and not a simple credit card transaction.  We've had a lot of credit card fraud from Thailand (about 90% of our orders to that country) and we are likely to significantly delay or cancel a credit card order from Thailand.  Sorry about that policy, but the costs of credit card fraud are charged to the merchant, not the credit card company- and if we are going to keep our prices low, we have to be smart about things like credit card fraud.

no i get it. im pretty sure not just thailand but also indonesia and other south east asia countries you have to deal with fraud from time to time. i know its tough for you. and its also annoying for people that want to honestly buy, like me.

cheers

Dec 21, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #4,452 of 148,497
Hey guys, there is a Schiit we'd like to see thread open. It might be better to add to the collective Schiit wishlist there
smily_headphones1.gif

Excellent.  Thanks for the tip!

Dec 21, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #4,453 of 148,497
We all know and love the Schiit Audio brand, but let me tell you that if you're discussing delivery of a package with FedEx customer service, who's not familiar with the company, it can get a bit awkward :).

Dec 22, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #4,454 of 148,497
2 quick questions:

Any idea when the UK Schiit dealer (or another way to buy in the UK without paying for shipping from the US) will have the Fulla in stock?

Also has anyone seen a comparison between the Fulla and the Fiio E10k? I'd like the pre-outs of the Fiio but if the Fulla headphone performance is noticeably better I'd manage without.

Dec 22, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #4,455 of 148,497
2 quick questions:

Any idea when the UK Schiit dealer (or another way to buy in the UK without paying for shipping from the US) will have the Fulla in stock?

Also has anyone seen a comparison between the Fulla and the Fiio E10k? I'd like the pre-outs of the Fiio but if the Fulla headphone performance is noticeably better I'd manage without.

Ping them and ask. The UK dealer was pretty efficient and got back to me after 2 or 3 days of my enquiry. It worked out slightly cheaper for me than buying from Schiit direct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back