Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit we'd like to see
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit we'd like to see

post #1 of 244
Thread Starter 

After reading the serialized story about the origins and evolution of Schiit Audio I am convinced that  Mr Stoddard and Mr Moffat can build ( or more likely conjure )  any piece of audio gear we desire. So let's start a wish list for them.  As I said in another post if they build it we will buy it.

I'll start ;

a 15w headphone/speaker tube/ss hybrid amp or Lyr on steroids.... Orthos be afraid

Drawing on founders speaker building experiences a small high efficient speaker matched for above mentioned Amp

discount  for Amp speaker package

post #2 of 244

Ok, I'll give my 25 cents (inflation) worth:

 

1.  Audio device switcher.  

2   Schiit Audio headphone stands.  Using the same metal as the outer casing of all their products.

3.  Equipment racks to house our growing inventory of Schiit products.  With vent holes on the shelve bottoms for improved

 cooling and of course using the same metal as  (see no. 2)

I'm pretty happy with the Schiit I have so I'll leave the electronic wish-listing to somebody else.   

Remember, accessories are high margin  :veryevil: 


Edited by Raptor34 - 3/21/14 at 11:41am
post #3 of 244

A $150-200 "Modi+" positioned between the Modi and Bifrost.  In a Modi-sized case.

post #4 of 244

Fun thread idea! My list:

 

1. RCA switch

2. Phono preamp

post #5 of 244

A balanced electronic crossover and 4 channel balanced amp

post #6 of 244
2 to 4 watt solid state at 35ohms. Something like the lyr but solid state. It's because after the asgard and lyr.. Current schiit offerings are balanced only.
post #7 of 244

A Schiit Tube buffer amp.  This way you can put a pile of schiit on any other amp you own.....

post #8 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
 

A $150-200 "Modi+" positioned between the Modi and Bifrost.  In a Modi-sized case.

Definitely this ^^

post #9 of 244

1. I have no idea if this is even technically possible but what about a hybrid amp that has a toggle-able tube preamp stage for tube warmth when you'd like it, ,and a MOSFET stage for clean, big, digital power. Or we could go tube buffer.

 

2. I'd also like a Schiit DAC/amp all-in-one 

 

3. Displays, some of us have dark brocaves and like a cheap liquid crystal display could even do things like tell us our volume, input, input bitrate, etc.

 

4. This is crazy but, what if we started using either drop-in or external PSU's that were upgradeable instead of wired to the mainboard? 

 

5. Limited edition units. Colors, timed release schedules, prototypes, custom engraved units. Ones with upgraded bits preinstalled such as RCA sockets, headphone jacks, internally OCC wired etc. Some sort of custom service shop? Make buying the amps cool, introduce a new service element towards something ordinarily purchased online with a credit card.

 

6. Headphone stands. 

 

7. Tube DAC

 

8. A Youtube channel that has some more information for people who can't digest the written word as readily plus shopping tips for the product line. Could have contests and giveaways as well as highlighting how the amps work and why they're so good.

 

9. Portable amps (BIG TIME) and portable DAC's. Also a transportable product line or something that helps the schiit magni/modi stack either get smaller and more integrated, or hell just rubberband them together. I do bring my stuff to my friend's houses, coffeeshop, etc.. The Schiit stuff gets left behind in favor of an all-in-one anytime I leave the home.

 

10. A phone transport. Something that streams data from my iPhone or Android devices and pushes it to a DAC. What if I could just throw my phone on a cradle and have playback without turning on my PC, laptop, ,etc?

post #10 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post
 

1. I have no idea if this is even technically possible but what about a hybrid amp that has a toggle-able tube preamp stage for tube warmth when you'd like it, ,and a MOSFET stage for clean, big, digital power. Or we could go tube buffer.

 

2. I'd also like a Schiit DAC/amp all-in-one 

 

3. Displays, some of us have dark brocaves and like a cheap liquid crystal display could even do things like tell us our volume, input, input bitrate, etc.

 

4. This is crazy but, what if we started using either drop-in or external PSU's that were upgradeable instead of wired to the mainboard? 

 

5. Limited edition units. Colors, timed release schedules, prototypes, custom engraved units. Ones with upgraded bits preinstalled such as RCA sockets, headphone jacks, internally OCC wired etc. Some sort of custom service shop? Make buying the amps cool, introduce a new service element towards something ordinarily purchased online with a credit card.

 

6. Headphone stands. 

 

7. Tube DAC

 

8. A Youtube channel that has some more information for people who can't digest the written word as readily plus shopping tips for the product line. Could have contests and giveaways as well as highlighting how the amps work and why they're so good.

 

9. Portable amps (BIG TIME) and portable DAC's. Also a transportable product line or something that helps the schiit magni/modi stack either get smaller and more integrated, or hell just rubberband them together. I do bring my stuff to my friend's houses, coffeeshop, etc.. The Schiit stuff gets left behind in favor of an all-in-one anytime I leave the home.

 

10. A phone transport. Something that streams data from my iPhone or Android devices and pushes it to a DAC. What if I could just throw my phone on a cradle and have playback without turning on my PC, laptop, ,etc?

 

I vote for #2, I'd love to see a combo dac amp, but made so that both the dac and the amp are first rate. Not like so many units where you either get a great dac and a so-so amp or a great amp and a so-so dac. Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to put a 'Modi' inside an Asgard 2 case, or put a Modi and a Magni inside an Asgard 2 case. Throw in a few improvements to both the dac and amp and you are done.

post #11 of 244
Thread Starter 

Let me go on record I would buy a high quality DAC/AMP from Schiit  The Dac should have toslink, coax and usb input Amp should drive HiFi Man HE 6

post #12 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&J View Post
 

Let me go on record I would buy a high quality DAC/AMP from Schiit  The Dac should have toslink, coax and usb input Amp should drive HiFi Man HE 6


That might be asking for much, but I'd buy this in a heartbeat.

post #13 of 244

Hm.. I'd consider a headphone stand.  Building on prior comments, pre-build '**** Stack' shelving.  I have mode+Valhalla; they don't stack very nicely.  I'd love to be able to layer everything (Maybe make it modular so other amps/switches fit in) with good airflow on my desk to condense more space.  

 

One thing I'd likely purchase ina a heartbeat if the quality/price were good; would be a headphone mixer with tactile control.  I'd love to be able to have multiple sources feeding my Schiit Valhalla; and I could just have a physical knob or slider for volume of each.  Currently I have to notice a blinking light on a screen and I flip source; would be nice to be able to layer and bring priority volume up/background down as needed


Edited by worminater - 3/25/14 at 7:50am
post #14 of 244

Remote volume control.

post #15 of 244

I like antikryst's idea of a solid state sitting in between Asgard 2 and Mjolnir. Even more I'd be excited about a $500-ish dac/amp combo. And, gain switch on any amp.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit we'd like to see