Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 19, 2018 at 4:11 AM Post #42,436 of 149,357
Has anybody heard anything or an update about the Aejir? Still on track for early 2019?

I can’t wait for the new amp. Sol should be interesting too but I want to avoid vinyl....I am imagining how much I would spend on records. It’s not a pretty picture!

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #42,437 of 149,357
If only there was a comic book character to raise awareness of multiple personality disorder not featured in a M. N. Shyamalan movie.

The Incredible Hulk, Jeckel and Hyde, Donald Duck.

Given the name of the original poster, I assumed he meant Deadpool, but I might not totally grok all of these new superheroes.

Back to music, it appears HDtracks is again offering their 25% off Chesky Top 25 sale.

https://www.hdtracks.com/label-sale/weekly-sale

Dec 19, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #42,439 of 149,357
I can’t wait for the new amp. Sol should be interesting too but I want to avoid vinyl....I am imagining how much I would spend on records. It’s not a pretty picture!

I am into vinyl and while I do like it, I do not try to get my friends into it. A coworker was recently interested and I tried to dissuade her before agreeing to help pick things out. Another friend has made me swear to not try to get her husband into vinyl. I understand it can be a big money pit (but so fun and good...).

I consider myself middle of the road for consuming, mainly because I know people who think I spend too much and I know people who spend a lot more than me. I generally buy at least 50 records per year.

This was my collection late November 2012 (small mostly due to living and moving a lot and thus not having a system to listen with):
Photo0119.jpg

This is the collection late November 2018 (minus the 7 inch records... but there are probably only 20-30 of those):
IMG_20181129_163704.jpg

Yes, the picture quality on the first image is pretty poor. It was taken with a cheap nokia. Yes, that is an x-box functioning as a space filler in the second one.

Dec 19, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #42,440 of 149,357
I used to have a bunch of nice 70’s vinyl but now I have no vinyl at all. I have built up my CD collection here in the last year and am enjoying the convenience of digital with Roon. I’d rather spend the money I would spend on vinyl (Turntable, cartridge, albums) on CDs.

Dec 19, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #42,442 of 149,357
That is fair. I dip into the convenience of digital from time to time as well. It is nice to just queue up three or four albums on my raspbery pi and then relax instead of getting up every 15 minutes or so to flip or change the record.

I have put together Spotify playlists that run for over twelve hours. But I still enjoy spinning a licorice pizza from time to time.

Dec 19, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #42,443 of 149,357
Patiently waiting for SOL. I would preorder one sight unseen if possible. (Hint, hint)

Oh, I've seen the prototype. Very nice too :)

.... and we maaay just drop in and take a peek at the Schiitr on our way North tomorrow. The trip S to San Diego will be on Xmas Day :frowning2:((

BTW, I was in Fry's in San Diego today and they have a reasonably large vinyl area. They had Easy Rider on vinyl......

I resisted - though the thought crossed my mind.......

They also had a significant number - 12 or so I think - of turntables. No Sol. So I was SOL.

Dec 19, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #42,444 of 149,357
Today it came to me.
Schiit is going into car audio.
It always was (is) a hobby for Jason.
Damn... I dunno. Does Schiit Audio really want to go into the portable sound, mobile sound, or automobile sound arena? Here in Toronto, we're very distracted drivers. Me bopping along to a schiit-stack as I scream through a red light is bad news. Or, in the same veins as that scene from the movie, Defending Your Life, me fiddling away with a Schiit device.... and then plow right into the back of a dump truck (great movie, btw... Defending Your Life... follow that with the 2006-flick, Stranger Than Fiction and you have an ODD movie night).

Does Schiit open themselves up for litigation? Yikes! :triportsad:

Dec 20, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #42,446 of 149,357
Damn... I dunno. Does Schiit Audio really want to go into the portable sound, mobile sound, or automobile sound arena? Here in Toronto, we're very distracted drivers. Me bopping along to a schiit-stack as I scream through a red light is bad news. Or, in the same veins as that scene from the movie, Defending Your Life, me fiddling away with a Schiit device.... and then plow right into the back of a dump truck (great movie, btw... Defending Your Life... follow that with the 2006-flick, Stranger Than Fiction and you have an ODD movie night).

Does Schiit open themselves up for litigation? Yikes! :triportsad:

I'm hoping that they will finally announce the much awaited mobile Sol turntable w/ 12v automobile adapter, portable battery pack, and belt-clip. :smirk:

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #42,448 of 149,357
I'm hoping that they will finally announce the much awaited mobile Sol turntable w/ 12v automobile adapter, portable battery pack, and belt-clip. :smirk:

With bluetooth link to a heads-up display of VU meters?

Of course, the power switch will still be in the back, probably locked away in the trunk, and the LED's will be bright enough to serve double duty as headlights.

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #42,449 of 149,357
I have put together Spotify playlists that run for over twelve hours.
Nothing like continuous Christmas music this time of year.

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #42,450 of 149,357
With bluetooth link to a heads-up display of VU meters?

Of course, the power switch will still be in the back, probably locked away in the trunk, and the LED's will be bright enough to serve double duty as headlights.
There's lots of meters in the dashboard of a car than can do double duty as Vu or other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back