Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 16, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #42,392 of 149,325
They might currently be low on assembled inventory and have to build them up as ordered...

Bingo. It's a busy time of year.

Oh, and cease the personal sniping, or at least one person isn't coming back to the thread. This stuff is supposed to be fun, not a game of one-upmanship.

Last edited:
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Dec 17, 2018 at 5:26 AM Post #42,393 of 149,325
575af564a36370e08c306f9de83ccfc5--too-cute-cute-cute.jpg

Dec 17, 2018 at 6:17 AM Post #42,394 of 149,325
small correction
... , earlier versions used rounding. All Schiit multibit DACs upsample to a multiple of 44.1 or 48 using Schiit's proprietary 32 bit "burrito" filter, ..

Thanks for the info, I always wonder what's going on inside that burrito wrapper to get that sound out. (I'm not a tech-y, in case you couldn't guess, LOL)

Dec 17, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #42,395 of 149,325
Thanks for the info, I always wonder what's going on inside that burrito wrapper to get that sound out. (I'm not a tech-y, in case you couldn't guess, LOL)

It's the number of green chilies per cubic millimeter.

Dec 17, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #42,397 of 149,325
+1.

===== edited later on that night ========

So, I discovered that a tonmeister is an actual occupation! That led to McGill University that has a program for such musically-inclined, (uber?) sound engineers. That led me to the ICA website. That led me to the 2013 proceedings that compared headphones and loudspeakers (during recording sessions).
Oh. My. God. Here I am, a happy Schiit... and now I'm delving into the weeds! DAMN YOU... MODI, MULTIBIT, MAGNI, LOKI.

Me gusta (I like it). :ksc75smile:

Yay my alma matter. I will have to look into that linked article a bit more. I had a couple friends who studied music technology there and kind of wish I had done the same, but oh well.

Dec 17, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #42,398 of 149,325
Verde y rojo, comidas authenticos

Here in New Mexico we have a "State Question" which is asked in every restaurant: "Red or green?"

Often the proper answer, at any time of year, is "Christmas!" Which is red and green together. One place I frequent makes their chili fresh every day, and it is prudent to inquire with one's server how hot it is that day. Que Bueno!

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #42,399 of 149,325
Here in New Mexico we have a "State Question" which is asked in every restaurant: "Red or green?"

Often the proper answer, at any time of year, is "Christmas!" Which is red and green together. One place I frequent makes their chili fresh every day, and it is prudent to inquire with one's server how hot it is that day. Que Bueno!
Oh how I love New Mexico chilis. Here in Arizona it is just not the same.

Dec 17, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #42,403 of 149,325
Dec 17, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #42,404 of 149,325
I was at the Schiit-sponsored craft beer fundraiser today, and for your everlasting enjoyment (and I sincerely hope that this is the las time I ever say this ANYWHERE), here are photos of porta-potties and bog roll...
Let the puns commence!

It's cold here. Bury me in Chili.

Oh... and did somebody ever post that pictures of the Schiit-sponsored schiiters at that beer festival?

Here you go!

Dec 17, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #42,405 of 149,325
AHHA! Silly me. I saw what looked like heat sink compound spaced suspiciously appropriately above the PCB on the right and thought that was prep for MOSFETs. :)
You were half right. I ordered both the complementary and single ended output boards for the BA-3 and was going hook them up with quick connect wires (you'll see those again later), so I could swap between them. However it turns out that I can't complete the Single Ended Output Boards because I need matched IRFP240s not the 24 unmatched ones I ordered. I have never matched MOSFETS before so this is going to be hard. the DIYAudioStore doesn't sell matched sets of the IRFP240s in sixes so I'm SOL for now. If anyone knows a source for 4 sets of 6 matched IRFP240s let me know!

So what you saw was the cooling goop for the boards I can't complete right now. I only figured this out when I was trying mount the first board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back