Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 14, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #37,936 of 155,178
Sounds like a life-changing event ... moving back to the US maybe for good. Hope that if you want it, you get it ...
We'll be happy to host the welcome party at @Paladin79's house. :)
Tom has the best back yard and fire pit. LOL.

I'll try to come over too and bring my kids too, Tom is so generous inviting us all over! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit: And since we are all coming by I hear he will put in a heated in ground pool!

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #37,937 of 155,178
Sounds like a life-changing event ... moving back to the US maybe for good. Hope that if you want it, you get it ...

RCB do you live near the Bourbon trail? My wife went to visit family in WV and while visiting got to try Pappy Van Winkle. I about died. I watched the kids for Labor Day weekend and she had Pappy Van Winkle! You can't even find that stuff for sale!

Sep 14, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #37,938 of 155,178
We like to say "Not my monkeys; Not my Circus" as a variant on "not my problem/business" Typically my wife or I will say it when other families' kids are a little out of control. As long as safety is ok, I will intervene if it looks like the clown car is going to run over the lions tail.

For example Mike and Jason could say of DSD and MQA "not my monkeys; not my circus"
Yep those dsd/mqa monkeys stay out of my circus too

Btw, it very quiet around mqa...probably all studios are busy converting to mqa, or maby not:jecklinsmile:

Sep 14, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #37,939 of 155,178
RCB do you live near the Bourbon trail? My wife went to visit family in WV and while visiting got to try Pappy Van Winkle. I about died. I watched the kids for Labor Day weekend and she had Pappy Van Winkle! You can't even find that stuff for sale!

Naw man, I live in Tennessee. The Bourbon Trail is in Kentucky roughly from Louisville to Maysville along the Ohio river, with many points along the way.
I've visited parts of it, as my old company has a plant in Augusta, KY, near where Pogue was located.

Sep 14, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #37,940 of 155,178
Funny, religion and politics.
I wonder if a non-audiophile looking over a site like Head-Fi would conclude that its members have turned the art and science of sound reproduction into a religion?
And if they were to spend time reading the thoughts of the supporters of this product and that product, and the ensuing discussions and arguments over what's right and whats wrong in any aspect of measurements, design, implementation, feature sets, sound signatures, cost to perf ratios, etc., they might conclude "well, that's just the politics of audio"!

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #37,941 of 155,178
We like to say "Not my monkeys; Not my Circus" as a variant on "not my problem/business" Typically my wife or I will say it when other families' kids are a little out of control. As long as safety is ok, I will intervene if it looks like the clown car is going to run over the lions tail.

For example Mike and Jason could say of DSD and MQA "not my monkeys; not my circus"

One of my favorite phrases at work.... I'll usually jump in and help in any type of crisis. However, there are some times where that phrase is the only one that fits... Unfortunately, I utter it far too often.

Thank you very much. It's bitter-sweet. This was our second go-around here, and we love it, but we miss home. We're ready. Our parents are getting on in years, but don't tell them that; the work here is done (for now); and it's time to spend more time with family. We'll be back to visit for work and pleasure.

Can't wait! I'll look forward to meeting you guys (and gals too). I'm moving back to MN, but I get to Indy on occasion. I could easily see making the trip for a Head-Fi get together. I may even tote along some fine whisky and whiskey :)

I think @the finisher is ~40 miles north of me up 169 if I recall correctly. I'll also probably pound on @golfbravobravo 's door at some point. I'll bet he's wishing he never put out the open invitation to hear the DIs now :) I have family and a dear friend down near @Ripper2860 too, but.... :wink:

Sincerely, I would have never happened across head-fi and you fine folks if it hadn't been for living here. So, that goes in the plus column. It's a small world... There's common threads across it all.

Sep 14, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #37,942 of 155,178
I have more in common with the folks on this thread than most long time friends.

Happy Weekend:beerchug::L3000:

IMG_20180914_200051787.jpg

Sep 14, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #37,943 of 155,178
Naw man, I live in Tennessee. The Bourbon Trail is in Kentucky roughly from Louisville to Maysville along the Ohio river, with many points along the way.
I've visited parts of it, as my old company has a plant in Augusta, KY, near where Pogue was located.

I am looking at buying something in Franklin, TN for retirement.....

Sep 14, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #37,944 of 155,178
I love that part of the country. Best motorcycle roads ever:)

Sep 14, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #37,945 of 155,178
That is another matter entirely. A comment here made me think of a song I heard some time ago, if anyone was offended, that was certainly not the intent.Winders If you think back, I thought you were being mistreated here and I tried to speak up about it. People take things the wrong way. I addressed those in the US the other day about a remembrance that means something to me. It had a lot to do with soldiers, firemen, police officers and people I knew who had perished. If I ever mention the song White Room by Cream I certainly hope it is not a metaphor for something else. When my son moved East he had people making comments because he went to a college in Indiana, not James Madison, or Harvard, or Georgetown or where ever. Everyone faces some sort of discrimination in their lives, but some types are more cruel. In my younger days, there was a term "greys", now maybe it is "snowflakes." I believe you mentioned being called that but I could be wrong.
I have been down underground inside a Titan missile launch complex. It suddenly becomes all too real, when you're staring face-to-face with the hard machinery.

Regarding such matters: most of us quietly slumber in a woolly cocoon of unsubstantiated presumptions, in avoidance, denial --cognitive dissonance.

Very "inconvenient truths" indeed.

Chilling...
Yup... Taking my kid, now 20, to the titan museum in Tucson over Christmas. Should b interesting...

Sep 14, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #37,946 of 155,178
I'm in the middle of reading the book. Which, btw, goes into vastly more detail about both the accident and about the entire history of the US nuclear program. It's a deeply fascinating history, and also one that is more than just occasionally hair raising.

It's honestly a good thing the general public knows almost nothing about this stuff. Knowing more just makes you feel unnerved all the time.
People don’t want/need to go there...

Sep 14, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #37,948 of 155,178
I have more in common with the folks on this thread than most long time friends.

Happy Weekend:beerchug::L3000:

Happy weekend to you as well. A bit too early for a cocktail here just yet, and I think I had posted some whiskeys in another post. So, here's a fantastic rested gin for those out there that may want to try. If anyone's in the Greenville, SC area go see the fine people at Dark Corner Distillery.

IMG_0707.JPG

I did try my first "pour over" at breakfast a bit earlier. I think they were using @bosiemoncrieff 's scale.

IMG_5270.jpg IMG_5273.jpg

Sep 14, 2018 at 11:13 PM Post #37,949 of 155,178

I use that phrase all the time. Never, not once, did I consider it to have racial overtones.

The world has gone phuking stoopid. :rage:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back