Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 1, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #3,572 of 150,704
  What I hear and read in the hobby or niche as you describe it is how this this company's xyz compares to the Schiit or what should I buy the Schiit or the other brand, or which Amp do you recommend for my Planars (the Lyr is usually on the short list). Your reputation is well deserved but be afraid be very afraid this Halloween you guys are in the spotlight and you got the big boys attention ---- BUY-OUT!!!  

AND  2 channel is just hibernating and like the new Buick will return

Luckily they're a private company. You can't "buy out" a private company. 

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #3,573 of 150,704

Electrostatics and their electronics ,

These types require tons of voltage , there are only a very few headphones available and Stax have that segment filled to the gills with Amps and Transformers .  Still , you can invest in a 10:1 step-up transformer and then use a regular tube amp that has , hmm , 60 volts possible .   
  Being pleased with final results is not for sure , the Stax stuff doesn't make very many people happy , you may discover the Stax 009 and the Sennheiser orpheous to be engineering nightmares to construct and get working properly .  
  Audeze are said to be working on a high voltage Amp. , can you wait and can you afford the probable $5K USA price ?   
  Might be better to spend on a superb DAC .  

Tony in Michigan 

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #3,574 of 150,704
Just as the Chinese market saved Buick's a**, so it appears to be doing the same for two-channel audio!

Nov 2, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #3,575 of 150,704

Yes a private company can be bought out or I shoulda said just bought, just make them a private offer $$$$  they can't refuse (GF 1) If JS finds a horses head in bed one day he will sell the company the next day

Nov 2, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #3,576 of 150,704
The more I think about it Schiit is so nichy that it's difficult to think of another headphone/amp company they would integrate with possible Senn or Hi Fi man ? and I still can't figure out how Beats integrates with Apple

Nov 3, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #3,578 of 150,704
To clarify a couple of things:

1. As a private company, nobody can force us to sell out (excluding tinfoil-hat improbabilities like a concerted smear campaign.)

2. I'm having so much fun with this, a voluntary sellout would have to be an insanely, monumentally, stupidly large offer--and no stock, cash. And I wouldn't be working for them. Oh hell no. Let the beancounters in and I'm done. And the chance that such an absurdly large, no-strings offer would happen is likely about the same as me being hit by a meteor before I get finished typing this.

Sorry, guys, you're stuck with me and Mike for the duration...

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 3, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #3,581 of 150,704
inb4 schiit fulla integrated into nexus 6.1
wink.gif

Nov 3, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #3,582 of 150,704
  inb4 schiit fulla integrated into nexus 6.1
wink.gif

This will be announced the same day that Google announces Google Fiber for the DC Metropolitan area - just on the far side of "Never".

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #3,583 of 150,704
Of course I was kidding about Jason and Mike selling Schiit. Having read and re-read the story ( It's really a well written, fun, informative story)  I'ts clear that Jason and Mike are the company. It couldn't, wouldn't, shouldn't be in existence but for there dedication, perseverance, technical and business skills. So I don't expect to see them on Shark Tank anytime soon but maybe a reality show: Jason throws a smoking proto type at the wall misses the wall and hits a fan. You got it Episode One:  The Schiit Hits the Fan

Nov 3, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #3,584 of 150,704
Of course I was kidding about Jason and Mike selling Schiit. Having read and re-read the story ( It's really a well written, fun, informative story)  I'ts clear that Jason and Mike are the company. It couldn't, wouldn't, shouldn't be in existence but for there dedication, perseverance, technical and business skills. So I don't expect to see them on Shark Tank anytime soon but maybe a reality show: Jason throws a smoking proto type at the wall misses the wall and hits a fan. You got it Episode One:  The Schiit Hits the Fan

I'm actually laughing out loud - you are a comic genius!

Nov 4, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #3,585 of 150,704

Google and or Apple is not as crazy as it might sound. Both companies love hiring/bying experts and Jason and Mike are as close as you can get  : ) . Apple is already in the Audio "game" and should be expanding. They just don't have the company resources/planning/history to buy like that, that is why Beats was a surprise. Is it a stretch for a Beats headphone amp and dac? Apple's lack of spending their cash is a very big mistake. ( if you couldn't tell I am a big Apple fan).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back