Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 10, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #34,804 of 151,274
In complete contrast to that fine classical masterpiece I'll recommend this, it's electronic bliss IMO

So as I'm listening to this album at work, I can't help but think this guy is my age. All of his tracks sound like they are influenced by 90's media - video games (SNES, ps1, N64), movies, tv, and MTV videos.

I kinda like it, I kinda don't. It's interesting nonetheless.

So I look him up and he's 37, right in the wheelhouse of where I thought he'd be.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #34,805 of 151,274
In complete contrast to that fine classical masterpiece I'll recommend this, it's electronic bliss IMO

Nice one! Scrolled through the first 3 songs on my phone and curious how it sounds at home on the big system Check out Lunar Glyphs by Desolate (Sven Weisemann)

Jul 10, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #34,808 of 151,274
I am familiar with diaphragmatic, same thing perhaps?

Jul 10, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #34,810 of 151,274
That's a generic ASIO driver. I was looking up your card, its driver appears to come bundled with an ASIO driver. The best way to check is to go to Tidal and go to the Settings>Streaming section and see what you have for driver options there. If you see anything that has the name of your card and also says WASAPI or ASIO, that's what you want (either).

I should also mention that if you're not on one of those, then you are using the windows audio stack.
The C-Media driver stack doesn't have a bit-perfect or passthrough option, not even when using ASIO. This is the major drawback of all the C-Media based cards like the Claro and the reason I don't use mine anymore. There is a sample rate setting in the driver control panel and that choice is enforced globally. If your music has different sample rates you have to open the control panel and change the setting every time.

It got old, so now I use USB to my Yggdrasil which comes with its own issues. Nothing is or will ever be perfect I suppose.

Jul 10, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #34,811 of 151,274
After Europe, my next trip is down to LA for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Perhaps Hawaii for spring break and then repeat next summer in Europe.

I have to repeat my previous assessment: this thread is like dropping Jägerbombs. Mike's thread is like sipping a fine Japanese whisky.

Jul 10, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #34,812 of 151,274
There's all kinds of damping you can do. Wall it off with acoustic-dampening drywall, put in Roxul everywhere you can, put in baffled ducts. The sky's the limit!

Sadly, wallets not so much.
The EZSnap and QuietRock look pretty cool! Thanks for the link!

Jul 10, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #34,814 of 151,274
Makes sense, I never understood the spiking to the floor business. Many years ago an audiophile acquaintance of mine had a listening room with an open beam ceiling. He suspended his speakers with heavy fishing line from the ceiling beams.

Jul 10, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #34,815 of 151,274
After Europe, my next trip is down to LA for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Perhaps Hawaii for spring break and then repeat next summer in Europe.

I have to repeat my previous assessment: this thread is like dropping Jägerbombs. Mike's thread is like sipping a fine Japanese whisky.
@Rensek, like Bosie, we may return to Europe next spring. Hawaii booked for October for 2 1/2 weeks. Looking at Whistler for skiing in January with my boys.

At this stage, 68, I'm looking to do all I can with family and friends before the urge to travel wanes. The bucket list gets smaller as we've been to Antarctica, Argentina, Italy, England and others. The audiophile bug hit before the travel bug. I love my 2 channel rigs but am not much into portable. Love listening to books on tape while traveling long distance. No issue with folks who love their tunes on the road. Great way to meet new people up close. This thread comes as close to travel and meeting new people as I found. Even with the side issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back