Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 1, 2018 at 5:00 AM Post #34,231 of 155,117
Jul 1, 2018 at 5:17 AM Post #34,232 of 155,117
That is fantastic! Beautiful work.

Please, please, please - tell me you listened to some Easy-E during testing....

(Humming.... Pal - A - Din's F-ed up and got the 8-Ball Rollin)... Yeah, I have eclectic taste in music.

Omg how did you know that!!!! No Eazy-E for me, E Street band maybe.

I was taught to always give credit where credit is due. One of my employees suggested the Magic 8 Ball, he has young kids. The coaster boards fit perfectly inside once you get one open. I believe I would rather carry a cat around by the tail than open another one, metaphorically speaking.

Tom

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2018 at 5:40 AM Post #34,233 of 155,117
Last edited:
Jul 1, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #34,237 of 155,117
61F59748-3420-4C0B-BAC6-567348BC6470.jpeg
Just turn up the volume. :dt880smile:

Cliche’s source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Up_to_eleven

Jul 1, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #34,238 of 155,117
It has been a longtime debate in audio about whether "burn-in" is something that happens in the equipment, vs. hearing perception adjusting itself to the sound over time.

I read once that even switching between music sources it takes a couple minutes of listening before you can tell of much change on equipment. I have switch boxes so that I can go from amp to amp and headphone to headphone if I so desire, I can even switch between headphone cables going to a set of headphones. This is about the only way I can readily judge differences. It is hard for me to say how an amp sounded a week ago, or a month ago but that may vary from person to person. In one case I even built two identical amps, then started modifying one of them. A lot of people said they heard a slight difference in this or that as they adapted one amp but a couple people finally said, no matter what tube, no matter what component I am not sure it changed at all. Have you ever looked at a sunset and said this is the most beautiful I have ever seen? Can you remember all sunsets? What was your temperament at the time? It often comes down to perceptions and audio can be pretty subjective. You can learn to listen to certain instruments and maybe hear things in a song you have not heard before. On a given day I prefer the sound of one amp over another or one pair of headphones with a certain amp or song. I doubt seriously my headphones or solid state amps are changing that much and with tube amps the change is probably gradual. I do have some decent equipment and I am excluding portable amps, dacs, players and the coaster amp in what I just said.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #34,239 of 155,117
Omg how did you know that!!!! No Eazy-E for me, E Street band maybe.

I was taught to always give credit where credit is due. One of my employees suggested the Magic 8 Ball, he has young kids. The coaster boards fit perfectly inside once you get one open. I believe I would rather carry a cat around by the tail than open another one, metaphorically speaking.

Tom

Thanks for the E Street Band reference...haven't listened to them in forever.

Some love 'em, some hate 'em...regardless, they always put on a heck of show when they tour!

Jul 1, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #34,240 of 155,117
Very nice and it has a preface by one of my favorite authors, Michael Charon.

Charon is the only author I know of who has won Pulitzer, Nebulla, and Hugo awards.

Neil Gaiman also has a fairly new book out about Norse mythology as well, I own it but have not read it yet.

"Michael Charon??" Or Michael Chabon? :thinking:

Jul 1, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #34,241 of 155,117
Someone had posted a link to an old conversation between Jason and Mike...I can't seem to find it.
Can y'all help me out? After reading Mike's latest post, on his thread, I would like to see their conversation.
Thanks, in advance!

Jul 1, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #34,243 of 155,117
Someone had posted a link to an old conversation between Jason and Mike...I can't seem to find it.
Can y'all help me out? After reading Mike's latest post, on his thread, I would like to see their conversation.
Thanks, in advance!

I think it's on the Schiit FB page, under videos.

Ah, Ableza beat me to it.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #34,244 of 155,117
"Michael Charon??" Or Michael Chabon? :thinking:

Michael Chabon, sorry that was a typo which I managed to duplicate. (half asleep typing)

Author of the Wonder Boys, Moonglow, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, The Yiddish Policemen's Union etc.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #34,245 of 155,117
Thanks for the E Street Band reference...haven't listened to them in forever.

Some love 'em, some hate 'em...regardless, they always put on a heck of show when they tour!

I really like the Tom Waits song Jersey Girl that Springsteen sings on occasion. Also they were great with Clarence Clemons, he is missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back