Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 23, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #31,651 of 152,036
Pietro, what is your quote? I have a working knowledge of latin and can figure out some of it but a couple words puzzle me. Perhaps Italian or Portuguese?

VITAE VIX ANTE PAX OBITUS - OFFENDUNTUR SI ADOLESCERE - MAGNIFICAE MATERA UBIQUA - INTELLIGENTIA NON ME OFFENDIT VERITAS - NON AMET NON VITAE
thanks for reminding me what life was like when I was thirteen (didn't want to go there) I had managed to ignore Tintin's sig until now.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #31,652 of 152,036
I just got an email from MrSpeakers site and the Lyr 3 and Jotenheim are selling on there. Of special interest to me is the QP2R audio player. Does anyone here have one or have you listened to one?
Questyle is the brand.

I am always looking for DAP's with balanced outputs and this one receives a great advertisement on that particular site along with the Schiit amps.
Looks nice...check out this quote from their site: "Thus the audio performance is improved, which gives QP2R 0.000% ultra-low distortion."
Now, that is some low distortion!
Pair it up with an Oppo HA-2 for power and it will likely rock your ears!
Disclaimer: I have no experience with Questyle, but I do with the Oppo HA-2.

Apr 23, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #31,654 of 152,036
thanks for reminding me what life was like when I was thirteen (didn't want to go there) I had managed to ignore Tintin's sig until now.
It's actually Tinin. Dr. Tinin. Most of us call him Pietro. :)

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #31,655 of 152,036
Apr 23, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #31,657 of 152,036
It's still called the Jotunheim, even though MrSpeakers made the same mistake.

Obviously, that is where I got their spelling lol. I actually thought it looked wrong but did not have the correct spelling in front of me and i was leaving my office for the day as I typed that.

Apr 23, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #31,658 of 152,036
Looks nice...check out this quote from their site: "Thus the audio performance is improved, which gives QP2R 0.000% ultra-low distortion."

I do have an OPPO HA-2 as well and a Pono player and a few other portable devices but not too many things have a balanced output. The Pono is a bit limited on storage room and no longer supported . I think Fiio makes an add on to one of their players. You do need some power for planars and the OPPO does a decent job.

I would have a hard time measuring that lack of distortion also lol. There is science and there is pseudo-science. When you start posting numbers, they had best be factual. Ultra low huh?

Anyway i was curious about outside opinions since MrSpeakers is selling those but I may get a chance to try one out somewhere.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #31,659 of 152,036
@Paladin79 I have a loaner right now which is on tour courtesy of Todd at TTVJ. I will try to post a review on Questyle QP2R Loaner Program! tomorrow. You might want to check over there. The person who had it before I did, first on the tour, bought one immediately. As far as audio playback quality it concerned, I totally understand that. It played a bunch of different output devices as well as I have ever heard them played period. Note that I did not say as well as I have heard them played by a DAP. More when I post my review, suffice it to say the Questyle should definitely be on your short list if you're looking for a DAP.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #31,661 of 152,036

Whether it needs more power or not depends on what you are trying to play and how loudly you are trying to play it. The Questyle drives the LCD-X easily. Balanced output to the HD800s is more than adequate as well. Neither of these is considered hard to drive. The sound is so clean and musical it is, however, very easy to keep turning up the volume. It just invites that.

Apr 23, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #31,662 of 152,036
@Paladin79 I have a loaner right now which is on tour courtesy of Todd at TTVJ. I will try to post a review on Questyle QP2R Loaner Program! tomorrow. You might want to check over there. The person who had it before I did, first on the tour, bought one immediately. As far as audio playback quality it concerned, I totally understand that. It played a bunch of different output devices as well as I have ever heard them played period. Note that I did not say as well as I have heard them played by a DAP. More when I post my review, suffice it to say the Questyle should definitely be on your short list if you're looking for a DAP.

Thanks Bear! i will certainly look for your review. I generally use Alpha Primes so the MrSpeakers review certainly gave me food for thought.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018 at 4:38 AM Post #31,664 of 152,036
For those enjoying Richard Thompson, you might also enjoy Peter Himmelman. I like From Strength To Strength, personally, but he's got lots of records out.
I used to catch Himmelman at local venues in the '70s. At the time he was the front man for the Minneapolis band, Sussman Lawrence. He's always been an interesting songwriter He is/was also Dylans son in law.

Apr 24, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #31,665 of 152,036
You don't think jimmers is my real name, do you? :astonished:

You can call me James if you wish, my mother did.
You can call me Pietro if you wish. Or baron dr. Cozzi Tinin.
The quotes you so readily discard are actually translations of quotes from people like you here on this site.
Except for the first one which is the motto in our family crest for the past 500 years.
A reminder of what life was like when I was minus 446 years old.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back