Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 27, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #29,476 of 151,476
I have never had any issues with USPS. Fed Ex and UPS have both damaged things in transit. YMMV.
We've had the most trouble with UPS lately - packages damaged in transit.
Also not impressed with the Amazon delivery folks. Packages delivered to the garage and back doors. No knock or doorbell notice.
We did have great service by DHL, but they only handle items coming from international shippers.

Feb 27, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #29,477 of 151,476
Given the nature of the venue, I would rather not say, but feel free to ask news.google.com.
Thank you...I missed that story.
That site looks like a decent source for news.
I'm not real happy with CNN these days...

Feb 27, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #29,478 of 151,476
It varies by location. FedEx generally marks the packages an undeliverable without stopping by or leaving a hang tag...it is a 25 mile approx. 45 minute drive (one way) from their distribution center to me.

I know the USPS and UPS guys...and the UPS guy always delivers on his way back to the office (6 miles left for him), giving plenty of time for me to commute home. Just saying, it varies by location. I like that Schiit gives me delivery options :grin:

Feb 27, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #29,482 of 151,476
Hey all,

You should be seeing a new chapter (Engineering, Part 2) on Thursday. It's written, but I need to put together some graphics for it, which I'll do tomorrow.

Beyond that, things are settling down after rolling out some new production systems at Schiit. I hear you on the need for notification when schedules slip, and we'll be talking with our programmer about adding that kind of functionality to the site (right now, it's currently a very painful process of cutting and pasting single emails, rather than an automated process of "give me all emails in the backorder queue for product X, so we can send an email", let alone "send an email proactively to said group when we change availability dates." We'll get something in place that improves communication.

Also, I expect the Engineering chapters to be interrupted by a new product announcement. Or two. Or three. Depending on how you look at it. One is certainly a new product. All are out for photography right now. Two of the three have been approved by our new multi-perspective testing and evaluation system. One has had prototypes approved, and is in production. So, in a few weeks, we'll be talking about something new, and (at least to me), exciting.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. This is only the start. It's gonna be a heck of a year!

All the best,
Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Feb 27, 2018 at 11:48 PM Post #29,483 of 151,476
My wallet is feeling lighter already.

Feb 27, 2018 at 11:54 PM Post #29,484 of 151,476
Hey all,

You should be seeing a new chapter (Engineering, Part 2) on Thursday. It's written, but I need to put together some graphics for it, which I'll do tomorrow.

Beyond that, things are settling down after rolling out some new production systems at Schiit. I hear you on the need for notification when schedules slip, and we'll be talking with our programmer about adding that kind of functionality to the site (right now, it's currently a very painful process of cutting and pasting single emails, rather than an automated process of "give me all emails in the backorder queue for product X, so we can send an email", let alone "send an email proactively to said group when we change availability dates." We'll get something in place that improves communication.

Also, I expect the Engineering chapters to be interrupted by a new product announcement. Or two. Or three. Depending on how you look at it. One is certainly a new product. All are out for photography right now. Two of the three have been approved by our new multi-perspective testing and evaluation system. One has had prototypes approved, and is in production. So, in a few weeks, we'll be talking about something new, and (at least to me), exciting.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. This is only the start. It's gonna be a heck of a year!

All the best,
Jason

I tremble in toadish anticipation. Nay...Make that I shiver with giddy emotion as I await news of some thing toadish this way comes. Vali of The Toad with TwiinTube PoweR®? Valhalla³?

Raindrops on toadses and wiskers on kittens
Bright LEDs all aglow that we all will be Schiiten

Brown paper packages of which I'm not ashamed
These are a few of the things that I'll name...

Schwartz coloured cases and more kitten cah-boodles
No bells for they smell and VU Meter doodles
Old toads that croak that young T. Swift can't sing
These should be things that young Jason should bring!

When the toad croaks
When Win-ders sings
And Pietro zings!
I simply remember what Stoddard did write
And then order up, some more Schiity things...

Entirely extemporaneous. And it shows. If only I had more time I would present to thee, a magnum minor if you will.

Say good night, toad. Good night, toad.

Feb 27, 2018 at 11:59 PM Post #29,485 of 151,476
Hey all,

All the best,
Jason

We can't wait for either chapter or announcements.

Feb 28, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #29,486 of 151,476
Hey all,

All the best,
Jason

Hmmm, I am thinking the Gadget is the new product, and the other two are updated versions of your amps. I am secretly hoping one of them is Asgard 3. My Magni 3 is serving me well, but I would not mind having a solid state amp with a nicer volume pot.

Feb 28, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #29,488 of 151,476
They all suck less than OnTrac. :thumbsup:
Ye gods, yes... Not sayin’ overly much there, though. I will say that cold bottled water really helps attitudes, esp during those 44+ C (111ish F) summer days in SoCal...

Feb 28, 2018 at 1:20 AM Post #29,489 of 151,476
Hello All, been reading this thread since early December when I started looking for an Amp for the HD6XX's that are coming end of March. I've read all the chapters, and a great many of the pages.

I love the story behind Schiit. It's clear they are people who believe in what they do, and try to implement their vision to the best of their ability. That doesn't mean they are perfect, (from what I have read) but we are all human (except Constanza) and I hope we can agree none of us are either.

I ordered the Magni 3 in late December, and found the email support staff to be very helpful and efficient with my questions & concerns. I actually got my Magni 3 ahead of schedule (sadly without CTHULHU).

Thus far I have been very impressed with the sound. It's powering some iems and an AKG M220 until my HD6XX arrive.

I'm new to the "Personal Audio" game, but have been buying the best audio equipment I could afford since buying my first system in the 6th grade with lawn mowing money. 500 bucks on audio in 1995 dollars is a lot for a kid. As such I've used all my audio equipment for years. My last buying cycle was 2 channel gear between 2000-2002 as a college kid. Now that I'm big brother bob and I've got a real job, I'm looking to upgrade my 2 channel kit and buy personal audio gear for home and office.

I feel like Schiit has most of what I am looking for. Well made, decently priced audio gear, (my historic sellers are big box stores or discount websites) that sounds good/great, comes from a company whose morals I identify with, and is made in the USA to boot.

That being said I'm a child of the "my voice matters" generation and I have some things I'd like to bring up.

I wish Saga had a built in Sys. Those two out puts ought to be at least manually selectable between left, both, right. I want one to get a single feed from Mimby, but be able to feed a Vidar and a Magni 3 or Asgard 2 or Jot, etc. IIRC Jason said somewhere that 70 percent (or so) of Schiits web traffic comes from people in the 18-34 demographic. I'm 34 and want to be able to use Saga/vidar/Magni 3 with all my gear. Xbox,vinyl,Streamer,Tv, etc. I can't be the only one who wants Saga to have a smidgen more flexibility. If I am misunderstanding something about the way Saga works I would love to be better educated.

I have no prior experience with pre amps so I don't know if the price on saga is amazing for it's quality. Considering I have spent hours upon hours reading audio info the past few months I'd count myself moderately informed for my experience level. If Schiits core traffic is young users, I would wager a guess many of us don't know much about audio equipment thats not sold by big box stores and Amazon. There might be an opportunity to improve upon your messaging to my age group. I know Jason mentioned something to this effect in one of his last 2017 chapters. I hope they go ahead with that, and take a good look at what users in the younger age brackets want out of their gear.

I spend a good deal of time in the summer at my small towns small golf course. Most of my drinking buddies there are between 55-65 years old. I love the knowledge/perspective I get from them about life (all inclusive) and I like to think I have some points of view they haven't heard before too. This seems like another place where that happens.

I'd love to see the Mimby with pressed in feet. It's probably the only reason I haven't bought one yet. It's a race between Mimby being updated and my HD6XX arriving. I find the whole multibit philosophy very compelling, and Gumby is probably my dream end game DAC.

One last request for Jason. Please consider putting the next Schitter in Las Vegas. Easy to get my wife to fly to Vegas. L.A. ? Not so much.

Happy to be here folks. Great thread and great group of eclectic personalities making it turn round and round.

Thanks and have a good one.

Feb 28, 2018 at 1:31 AM Post #29,490 of 151,476
Hey all,

All the best,
Jason

Dis gon b gud.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back