Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 22, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #27,617 of 149,326
Jason,

This sweet slightly tubey class A amp you speak of going in a Vidar chassis, (we'll dub it "VidAr ClAssic"), it is a stereo amp? Or mono block or configurable as a mono block?

It will be a fantastic option.:smile_phones:

Dec 23, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #27,623 of 149,326
Serious question for those interested in the potential 25W class A amp: what does this do for you that the current Vidar does not, other than support for high output into 4 ohm speakers?

Let me compare Vidar to my recently refurbished Pioneer M-22 30 watt all Class A amp from the late 70’s.

The only place Vidar comes close in sound quality is bass. And even that is not really all that close. The Pioneer kills it in midrange and highs. There is more depth to the music. The soundstage is more defined. There is more detail and clarity yet still sounds more musical.

I would hope that Jason would get a quality Class A amp to compare his design to so he can make it sound as great. If Schiit could make a Class A amp that sounded as good as the Pioneer M-22 for $1200 or less, they would sell all they could make!

Dec 23, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #27,625 of 149,326
Well of course there are record turntable sales... what other kind of turntables are there?

maxresdefault.jpg

Railway-turntable-940x504.jpg

Dec 23, 2017 at 6:59 AM Post #27,627 of 149,326
Serious question for those interested in the potential 25W class A amp: what does this do for you that the current Vidar does not, other than support for high output into 4 ohm speakers?
Vidar may not officially support 4 ohm mono, however in my experience it does an awesome job of it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back