Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 23, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #24,766 of 149,393
let's talk about cables and burn-in at least
zoreil974.gif
We can talk about how much better my Saga sounds with the aluminum bodied remote control. Hey if magic pebbles work......

Sep 23, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #24,767 of 149,393
I have saga hooked up to jotunheim with eitr + modi mb creating the sauce.
What would theoretically be the optimal setting of the volume pots on the amps?
Saga on max volume and adjusting volume on Jotunheim, the other way around or something in between???
I'm aware that a similar question has been discussed previously in this thread, but I can't be assed to dig it out.
Btw it sounds great no matter what I do. :gs1000smile::L3000:
And I have no other amps connected at the moment.

Sep 23, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #24,769 of 149,393
I have saga hooked up to jotunheim with eitr + modi mb creating the sauce.
What would theoretically be the optimal setting of the volume pots on the amps?
Saga on max volume and adjusting volume on Jotunheim, the other way around or something in between???
I'm aware that a similar question has been discussed previously in this thread, but I can't be assed to dig it out.
Btw it sounds great no matter what I do. :gs1000smile::L3000:
And I have no other amps connected at the moment.
I treat Jot like a power amp and Saga as the preamp. Put Jot's volume pot at 3 o'clock as pot's have worse channel tracking at extremes and just use Saga to control your volume. I did this for a long time with Freya and Jot.

Sep 23, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #24,770 of 149,393
@leeperry . That was an interesting article. I take it that you believe this is the same for the MB schiit dacs.
Anyways it fits well with what @cskippy is suggesting to do. If I keep jotunheim on 3 o'clock I'll never reach max on the Saga. I'll give that a go.
Thanks guys. Happy foot tapping trippin weekend from San Diego harbour.

Is it just me or isn't there a whole lot of difference btw saga stock tubes and passive?

Sep 23, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #24,772 of 149,393
Off course you're right.
But... there's nothing new to discuss now.
So, we fill the thread with non sense and noise.
You don't have to read this.

There is something new to discuss: the Magni 3.

And even if there wasn't something new to discuss, then that still not would not be a good reason to fill this thread with spam.

A lot of people might not have even seen the Magni 3 announcement, because that announcement was quickly buried. Instead of seeing that announcement - as they would have if this thread contained zero spam - many visitors to this thread likely saw nothing but several pages of offtopic spam. In other words, the spam is working against Schiit's best interests as a business by suppressing the news/announcements/worthwhile posts made by Schiit employees.

As for the point "you don't have to read this," that's not correct. There is no way to determine whether or not a post is spam except by reading it. Therefore, users who come to this thread, but who are not interested in reading spam, are forced to do so.

That spam is a waste of our time, and it's very annoying too.

The spam also works against Schiit's best interest as a business because readers who are annoyed by spam are likely to be put off by this thread, and therefore they will likely never come back to this thread in the future in order to read Schiit news, because to find the news is not worth the aggravation that is caused by wading through the spam.

Sep 23, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #24,773 of 149,393
How is it possible to max out the DAC? The digital input is what it is, unless you insert a digital volume control in front of it.
I was also thinking the same, but didn't want to question the man. I have learned that the source should be on max.

Sep 23, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #24,774 of 149,393

And even if there wasn't something new to discuss, then that still not would not be a good reason to fill this thread with spam.

A lot of people might not have even seen the Magni 3 announcement, because that announcement was quickly buried. Instead of seeing that announcement - as they would have if this thread contained zero spam - many visitors to this thread likely saw nothing but several pages of offtopic spam. In other words, the spam is working against Schiit's best interests as a business by suppressing the news/announcements/worthwhile posts made by Schiit employees.

As for the point "you don't have to read this," that's not correct. There is no way to determine whether or not a post is spam except by reading it. Therefore, users who come to this thread, but who are not interested in reading spam, are forced to do so.

The spam also works against Schiit's best interest as a business because readers who are annoyed by spam are likely to be put off by this thread, and therefore they will likely never come back to this thread in the future in order to read Schiit news, because to find the news is not worth the aggravation that is caused by wading through the spam.
You have my head spinning with replies.

Sep 23, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #24,777 of 149,393
If Schiit has been paying any attention it must be a networkplayer.
Yes like @sam6550a said. If you pay attention to the statements made by Schiit in the past I would say theres a very slim chance. Then again they do seem to surprise us with things have said they would never do.

Sep 23, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #24,778 of 149,393
Back on topic!

I have a lot of experience with Schiit equipment.
Uber BiFrost, Gungnir, Gumby + Gen 5.
Wyrd.
Asgard2, Mjolnir1, Ragnarok.
Please feel free to PM me with specific questions.
I don't want to clog up the Schiit Audio thread with off-topic posts.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #24,779 of 149,393

I have a reply.
That's your 12th post on Head-Fi?
Try listening and enjoying the atmosphere.
And, welcome to Head-Fi.

Sep 23, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #24,780 of 149,393

Spam is when a thread is flooded with unwanted advertising. A bunch of audio freaks discussing something else is off topic for sure but not spam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back