Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 3, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #23,176 of 148,618
Groundbox Phase 2

groundbox2.jpg

Aug 3, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #23,177 of 148,618
Oh god, not ground box witchcraft now......talking about something that does absolutely nothing but act as an antennae....

Aug 3, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #23,178 of 148,618
Oh god, not ground box witchcraft now......talking about something that does absolutely nothing but act as an antennae....
Witchcraft.. yes, absolutely nothing... true. Not an antennae though.
Read my description earlier and you'll agree and maybe understand.
You're not stupid so....

Aug 3, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #23,182 of 148,618
I'll review them if you want....

That'd be great! I'm thinking there could be Smoke, Red or Blue depending on what the Yggdrasil owner wants? I'll let you know when I get the first sets...

Aug 4, 2017 at 5:31 AM Post #23,186 of 148,618
I still have a little humming in the background....frankly...it drives me nuts.
Not that I really hear it when the music plays(well, with headphones sometimes I do) but I know it`s there.
So if something like a DIY COZZI-BOX with voodoo on top could fix it...I would at least have to consider building me one too.
Mine would have cheaper spikes but the insides don`t sound that expensive at all.

Aug 4, 2017 at 6:25 AM Post #23,188 of 148,618
As an additional source of insight into using a grounding system for audio use let me add a few observations.

1. When dialed in, a 'proper' grounding setup can make a significant improvement, especially if there is no real ground connection available (ie old wiring and no 3rd (ground) wire).

2. Even when a suitable ground connection is available, a dialed in grounding setup can make a difference, especially if there are lots of sources of added noise which all use the same ground as our audio gear.
Especially if there are any wall wart SMPS's in proximity to the analog gear.

3. The magic rocks (there are several versions) can make a difference BUT they take a while to 'settle in', at least that has been my experience, so a regular a/b test is usually inconclusive, at best.
It usually takes ≈ 1/2hr+ of operation before changes can be detected and then perhaps many days before their full effect can be determined.

4. The changes that these piezo electrical materials make is subtle and so if the system isn't dialed in to begin with, the changes these grounding systems make can all to easily be 'swamped' by the lack of resolution of the rest of the system itself.

Just a few observations to consider.

JJ

Aug 4, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #23,190 of 148,618
As an additional source of insight into using a grounding system for audio use let me add a few observations.

1. When dialed in, a 'proper' grounding setup can make a significant improvement, especially if there is no real ground connection available (ie old wiring and no 3rd (ground) wire).

2. Even when a suitable ground connection is available, a dialed in grounding setup can make a difference, especially if there are lots of sources of added noise which all use the same ground as our audio gear.
Especially if there are any wall wart SMPS's in proximity to the analog gear.

3. The magic rocks (there are several versions) can make a difference BUT they take a while to 'settle in', at least that has been my experience, so a regular a/b test is usually inconclusive, at best.
It usually takes ≈ 1/2hr+ of operation before changes can be detected and then perhaps many days before their full effect can be determined.

4. The changes that these piezo electrical materials make is subtle and so if the system isn't dialed in to begin with, the changes these grounding systems make can all to easily be 'swamped' by the lack of resolution of the rest of the system itself.

Just a few observations to consider.

JJ

That just reads like so much pseudo-science. I'm hoping I'm just missing the sarcasm via text.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back