Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 30, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #22,996 of 151,123
Nope. This is Joel. A 17 year old zombie who thinks smoking grass gives him Plato power thoughts.
Like every kid that age in this country he is still learning how to change his own diapers.
My family is kinda diversified in the IQ department.
Vidar (pronounce Vee-dahrr) is just 14 and learning how to spell his own name.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #22,997 of 151,123
A story unrelated to recent events, I previously wrote that I don't find the difference between a Modi Multibit and the 1st gen Fiio X5 to be significant. Well, a recent purchase of a Shure SE846 pair changed my mind about that. The Modi owns it like a pro. There's just detail popping out of everywhere, among other things allowing the bass on these in-ears to truly make a statement.
I'm not telling anyone to stay away from the Modi Multibit unless they got the buck, but you get headphones capable enough and you'll be hearing the bits guaranteed.

Jul 30, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #22,998 of 151,123
A story unrelated to recent events, I previously wrote that I don't find the difference between a Modi Multibit and the 1st gen Fiio X5 to be significant. Well, a recent purchase of a Shure SE846 pair changed my mind about that. The Modi owns it like a pro. There's just detail popping out of everywhere, among other things allowing the bass on these in-ears to truly make a statement.
I'm not telling anyone to stay away from the Modi Multibit unless they got the buck, but you get headphones capable enough and you'll be hearing the bits guaranteed.
The weakest in the chain..etc.

Jul 30, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #23,000 of 151,123
Maybe I'm a bit strung up.
As it is, Constanza got a cold and keeps sneezing and coughing.
And she got slightly hooked on some strange plants my little nephew planted on my balcony for safe keeping.

Well, catnip is a dangerous weed, for cats.

Jul 30, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #23,001 of 151,123
Well, catnip is a dangerous weed, for cats.
I know. But this nip is not for cats...
It's for zombie nephews who every morning have to search for their brains in order to get to the toilet safe.
Well for now. I'm going to bed and sleep a hole in the tomorrow.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #23,002 of 151,123
It's for zombie nephews who every morning have to search for their brains in order to get to the toilet safe.

This one?

MAD-Holiday-Gift-Guide-Toilet-Safe.jpg

Jul 30, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #23,003 of 151,123
Well for now. I'm going to bed and sleep a hole in the tomorrow.
Add some bonemeal now and some guano(yes batSchiit)in a week or two.
Add some fishemulsion to the water now and then and if you can find some wurmmeal that is great too.
Add small amounts of everything and water every day. Dont forget to talk to the plants(preferably about Plato,Spinoza and Confusius.)
As soon as the buds start forming stop adding all of the nutrients.
Stay away from the bottled stuff or stop adding it long before the buds form because you wil be smoking that crap.
Your ~nephew~ (and his lungs) will be gratefull.
Also kudos on growing your own instead of buying that polluted poopoo from the shops.

signed,
your friendly organic neighbourhood (ex)farmer
(Its on-topic because its about schiit you add to get better schiit.)

Jul 30, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #23,005 of 151,123
Not sure if this was corrected:

So my question returns to this - Will the analog out put from a 'table with a built in preamp, sent to the analog input of the Jil and then spat out in digital format and sent to the digital input of my receiver produce music by the receivers DAC? If not, I will not buy one as it would prove useless to me. I can do that with the digital out put from a CD player now. I do not, but it is there if I want to. It seems like it should be able to do so and this in spite of some saying why not just use a line in. Why not use either if you can?

No it won’t. USB out is not a general digital signal that your receiver will understand.

Jul 30, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #23,006 of 151,123
I was just asking if anyone that had ordered one, had their order status updated with the tracking number, not about mine in particular...

My order from last week still hasn't been shipped. No news etc. I imagine they're slammed right now. I'd love a surprise knock on the door, as I'm hoping they are shipping but not sending out updates. No big deal, it'll get here soon enough.

Jul 30, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #23,007 of 151,123
I'm tempted to say, "the more you ask, the slower it'll be," but the reality is, I expect we'll be selling Gen 5 boards "naked" within the next couple of weeks.

However, I do need to note: these are not "self-install." These, like all of our upgrades, are for installation by qualified electronics professionals. Disassembling and reassembling an Yggy is not a trivial job. We've had many cases where "self-install" has resulted in the need to ship it back to us for troubleshooting and a significant repair bill.

Thanks.

Will the warranty be affected in any way if we elect to have the board installed locally?

Assuming electronics experience can we do it on our own or will we need to provide proof of professional installation in order for our warranty to remain valid?

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #23,008 of 151,123
Thanks.

Will the warranty be affected in any way if we elect to have the board installed locally?

Assuming electronics experience can we do it on our own or will we need to provide proof of professional installation in order for our warranty to remain valid?

If you (or someone you hire) screw something up while installing this board, you can't expect Schiit to cover it. They're pretty clear about no user servicable parts inside. Schiit only charges $50 plus shipping to install their upgrades, that's really reasonable. Other audio companies charge hundreds more.

Jul 31, 2017 at 4:04 AM Post #23,010 of 151,123
Still waiting for Eitr with EU plug, were these available and just went out of stock really quick or we have to just continue to wait for stock? Does anyone know?
They were in stock at the UK store, but sold out the same day I think. I got mine, as well as a few others here. If you don't want to wait, you could just get the UK plug and use an adapter. Or if you have a Wyrd, I believe they use the same wall wart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back