Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 30, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #22,981 of 148,653
I'm a qualified MD in need of some upgrades in the blood pump.
Can you please send me a set of aorta valves (medium, O-pos., glutten free) so I can install them myself?

Oops. Sorry. Wrong forum.
I have a Phillips head screwdriver and a pocket knife, let me rip a couple out of the spare heart I keep in the garage.

Jul 30, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #22,982 of 148,653
I'm a qualified MD in need of some upgrades in the blood pump.
Can you please send me a set of aorta valves (medium, O-pos., glutten free) so I can install them myself?

Oops. Sorry. Wrong forum.

I think people dream of the days of their childhood...the Heathkit™® and roasting Stay Puft™ Marshmallows over glowing hot tubes at Camp Wacanda and so want a SchiitKit™® to relive those happy, sappy times.

I say to Hades with 'em! No VUs! No Kit! No Schiit!

Actually, I could care less as I am still chortling from Mikes words in that SOL intro video.

Jul 30, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #22,984 of 148,653
I'm tempted to say, "the more you ask, the slower it'll be," but the reality is, I expect we'll be selling Gen 5 boards "naked" within the next couple of weeks.

However, I do need to note: these are not "self-install." These, like all of our upgrades, are for installation by qualified electronics professionals. Disassembling and reassembling an Yggy is not a trivial job. We've had many cases where "self-install" has resulted in the need to ship it back to us for troubleshooting and a significant repair bill.
I will say this for you: This Schiit gear doesn't have to become dumpster fodder. Send it in if you have to. If that's too hard buy an Eitr. It is fantastic. If you have room for an Yggy you probably have room to tuck it out of sight if that's a concern. Eitr way this outstanding upgrade is available to everyone one way or another. And it spanks all the other USB dongle/interfaces I have tried. In my main 2 channel rig which I find more revealing for soundstage and focused imaging than headphones Eitr is a home run. My2¢:beerchug:

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #22,987 of 148,653
Are orders being updated with tracking info still? I placed my Vidar order on July 22nd, and the order status is still showing Blk Vidar.

I'm sure they'll get it updated once they're able to. I bet they are absolutely swamped with more work than they know what to do with right now. I ordered a gen 5 upgrade on the 17th and have been sitting at place 8 since then. I know they'll get to it. so I'm not worrying about it. They did get the Eitr I ordered shipped out super quick, though I gave that to a friend (he has a Mimby).

Jul 30, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #22,988 of 148,653
Are orders being updated with tracking info still? I placed my Vidar order on July 22nd, and the order status is still showing Blk Vidar.

You don't need this forum and thread for this.
Ask here: orders@schiit.com
Those are the people who actually have an answer for you.
We are not clairvoyant here.

Jul 30, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #22,989 of 148,653
I have a Phillips head screwdriver and a pocket knife, let me rip a couple out of the spare heart I keep in the garage.

secure-shell.jpg

Jul 30, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #22,990 of 148,653
Jul 30, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #22,993 of 148,653
BTW, small fix to Gungnir's spec page. You just forgot to update the clock portion of it to Gen 5.

Jul 30, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #22,995 of 148,653
Maybe I'm a bit strung up.
As it is, Constanza got a cold and keeps sneezing and coughing.
And she got slightly hooked on some strange plants my little nephew planted on my balcony for safe keeping.
I'm not touching this one, other than is this "the" nephew you have previously mentioned?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back