Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 30, 2017 at 4:04 AM Post #22,967 of 150,895
Last edited:
Jul 30, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #22,968 of 150,895
SOL prototype with Mani, much is production parts

SOL_top_Small.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #22,969 of 150,895
@OldRoadToad, I'm still confused about what you're trying to accomplish. The impression I got is that your receiver doesn't have enough analog inputs to accommodate all of your turntables at the same time, so you want to also utilize some of its digital inputs.

Does that summarize your intentions? The simple solution is to run your turntables to a simple switchbox, and the output of the switchbox connects to the receiver's analog input. The negative is that you can't select just from the receiver (you also have to use the switchbox), and most switchboxes are industrial ugly. However, here's one that actually looks decent: http://www.mfspdesigns.com/index.php/en/all-products/switch-box/switch-box-rca-4in-1out-detail

Thank you. That actually looks very nice in a Schiitish (read: minimalist) way. That link is not US based so I will look around the interwebs to see if it can be had reasonably for such as I.

Again, thank you.

Jul 30, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #22,971 of 150,895
Now, let's move on to more productive conversation.

Any idea when you will be able to free up some Eitr boards for self install? I have two Iggys and would like to avoid paying shipping from the east coast :)

Really looking forward to it to see how it compares to my AOIP setup.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #22,973 of 150,895
Any idea when you will be able to free up some Eitr boards for self install? I have two Iggys and would like to avoid paying shipping from the east coast :)

Really looking forward to it to see how it compares to my AOIP setup.

Thanks!
Unbelievable!!!
The same question.
Every "page".
Over and over and over again.
Get a life people!
It's extremely rude to ask because you know they are working their asses of.
It will come when it's there.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #22,974 of 150,895
ADC is available
http://www.schiit.com/products/jil

Turntable, SOL, not yet released, shown and described in video here
https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/?hc...gelm67X_IkukIhA71ZnBZjWJaoVB6jKtPzEVxUZGc19rM

along with other posts and Schiitr video

Well, it is still industrial foooogly but the video you provide a link for made me smile. Mike has a genuine sense of humor and the references to Japanese spider silk gave me pause to consider pretending to be Zatoichi where this 'table is concerned. Irreverence with style is sadly missing in much of the industrial world but Mike and Jason make up for that as best they can.

Their camaraderie provides an atmosphere of Mental Masturbation in the Rounde® or Le Cercle Jerque® (or if surrounded by "flamboyant" clowns, it would be Le Cirque du SoGhey®), if you prefer. Even if I can not Zatoichi my way to buying a SOL, I think a great many people will as vinyl is popular again for a reason. It is fun. And Schiit is nothing if not fun.

Jul 30, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #22,975 of 150,895
Any idea when you will be able to free up some Eitr boards for self install? I have two Iggys and would like to avoid paying shipping from the east coast :)Thanks!

I'm tempted to say, "the more you ask, the slower it'll be," but the reality is, I expect we'll be selling Gen 5 boards "naked" within the next couple of weeks.

However, I do need to note: these are not "self-install." These, like all of our upgrades, are for installation by qualified electronics professionals. Disassembling and reassembling an Yggy is not a trivial job. We've had many cases where "self-install" has resulted in the need to ship it back to us for troubleshooting and a significant repair bill.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 30, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #22,976 of 150,895
I'm tempted to say, "the more you ask, the slower it'll be," but the reality is, I expect we'll be selling Gen 5 boards "naked" within the next couple of weeks.

However, I do need to note: these are not "self-install." These, like all of our upgrades, are for installation by qualified electronics professionals. Disassembling and reassembling an Yggy is not a trivial job. We've had many cases where "self-install" has resulted in the need to ship it back to us for troubleshooting and a significant repair bill.

Ah... Here we go...
-"How can you do this to us"?
-"Do you have a list of qualified electronic professionals in my neighborhood"?
-"My QEP lives in China. What now"?
-"I'm a QEP myself. Can you send me a link with a diy you tube video"?
-"I live next to the Schiitr. Can you install it for free"?
-"Are there any QEP's in Europe"?
-"What qualifications do I need to not endanger warranty. Can I send my CV?"
-"Can I do an online test to qualify for installing the Gen5 board?"
-"Can I participate in an online course to install the Gen5 board?"
-"Will there be a Schiit QEP at Canjams and fare's?"
-"........".

Jul 30, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #22,977 of 150,895
Ah... Here we go...
-"How can you do this to us"?
-"Do you have a list of qualified electronic professionals in my neighborhood"?
-"My QEP lives in China. What now"?
-"I'm a QEP myself. Can you send me a link with a diy you tube video"?
-"I live next to the Schiitr. Can you install it for free"?
-"Are there any QEP's in Europe"?
-"What qualifications do I need to not endanger warranty. Can I send my CV?"
-"Can I do an online test to qualify for installing the Gen5 board?"
-"Can I participate in an online course to install the Gen5 board?"
-"Will there be a Schiit QEP at Canjams and fare's?"
-"........".

Yep. Absolute certainty = send it to us or to an authorized distributor.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 30, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #22,979 of 150,895

Awesome.

I think you'll find that a significant portion of the people interested in self install are electronics professionals of some kind. Speaking for myself, I'm an electrical engineer and I'm happy to attest to this in the order. I bet you know that your company attracts a certain type of customer. Many of us are DIYers who stumbled upon Schiit because of the Yggdrasil and realized, "Hey, we can actually afford good new Schiit now!"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back