Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 19, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #22,276 of 152,846
I think it's great that the Schiitr supports both HP and speaker listening, especially now that Schiit Audio has officially moved into the 2-channel realm. Smart planning.
They also cater to the people who can go flat out on 2-channel but are incarcerated into their headphones as soon as the missus comes home.

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #22,277 of 152,846
They also cater to the people who can go flat out on 2-channel but are incarcerated into their headphones as soon as the missus comes home.

Exactly, speakers are my first love, but sometimes I need headphones for practicality. Having Schiit make high quality products on both ends makes an easy choice for people like me.

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #22,278 of 152,846
I saw on another forum Baldr write "Yup we're gonna do it" referring to the Turntable of which we already saw the prototype.
That too is good news.
Nice Avatar by the way Sir Richard.

Obrigado, minha amiga!

Jul 19, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #22,279 of 152,846
Spurious crap deleted to improve S/N ratio. Remember:

1. All mechanical and electronic things can break.
2. When they break, you contact us, and we fix them.

(Please note there are a LOT of paid shills, both pro-shills and con-shills, out there. Secondhand/thirdhand stuff should be approached with an attitude of "pics/measurements or it didn't happen," at least in my opinion.)

Now, let's move on to more productive conversation.
The "Skipping a generation" Link to the latest chapter in the first post is still broken.

Jul 19, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #22,280 of 152,846
Is there a driver update for the Gen 5 USB interface or it works just fine with the Gen 3 driver?

Same question. I do not see any driver download for the EITR so do you think that we can assume that it is USB 2.0 compliant and has been tested to work with the Windows 10 update?

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #22,288 of 152,846
Seems to be about an equal split between listeners. Some people come and sit and listen for a long time to the speaker side of things, some people just do headphones. There's not a huge amount of crossover, but I think that's mainly because the headphone-listeners skew younger, and may not yet have space for racks of electronics and speakers.

I say it is due to the younger folk being lizard hybrids and as we all know, lizards do not have prominent external ears and there for listen primarily via head phones. Toads of course, being amp-phbians, prefer listening via speakers.

'n' sheit.

I am in a mood, I know. Meters please. VU meters...

Thee Toade

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #22,289 of 152,846
So I remember hearing Schiit was going to release 4 products. If true, vidar is one, Eitr is two, and stretching for a third is the usb gen 5 upgrade. Does that mean a fourth product is looming around the corner?

I have a sneaking suspicion based on something Jason said to me at RMAF. It also made an appearance from one of Jason's Vidar prototype photos, way in the background. Here's a hint: There's a headphone amp "hole" in the lineup. Someone mentioned it earlier, perhaps 4 pages back or so.

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #22,290 of 152,846
I say it is due to the younger folk being lizard hybrids and as we all know, lizards do not have prominent external ears and there for listen primarily via head phones. Toads of course, being amp-phbians, prefer listening via speakers.

'n' sheit.

I am in a mood, I know. Meters please. VU meters...

Thee Toade

Never hap'nin', you know that. Buy separate ones if you want them, but Jason has said, no. Schiit does minimalist designs to put all the money in the audio path.

I wonder if Jason screams at the walls occasionally while looking at the posts in this thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back