Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 4, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #21,587 of 150,898
That's because you're not worthy!

/mostRidiculousSmugFace
03726fbf1462412d1592e1aadce1d611.jpg

Jul 5, 2017 at 4:58 AM Post #21,592 of 150,898
That explains it! Yesterday as I was listening to the crickets and watched the dustbunnies blow by in here I started to wonder if the zombiepocalypse had started over there.
Glad to hear you were just having a party and not eating eachothers brains!

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #21,593 of 150,898
I was trying to think of a way to ask everyone across the pond if they "have the 4th of July over there" but it seemed too obvious!

Don't know if anyone here follows Paul McGowan's daily posts about hi-fi, anyway this was amusing yesterday in light of all the time that's been devoted to meters here on this thread:

http://www.psaudio.com/pauls-posts/viewpoints/

:beyersmile:

Jul 5, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #21,594 of 150,898
I was trying to think of a way to ask everyone across the pond if they "have the 4th of July over there" but it seemed too obvious!

Don't know if anyone here follows Paul McGowan's daily posts about hi-fi, anyway this was amusing yesterday in light of all the time that's been devoted to meters here on this thread:

I get Paul's posts, I find them generally interesting and informative. He has in the past praised Baldr for turning him on to the magic of upgraded power cords. Back in the day.

Jul 5, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #21,595 of 150,898

I went to a 4th of July party at my friends house in Oxfordshire. Unfortunately I was the only token Brit so I did receive a retinue of slight insults including "We whupped your ass at Yorktown", and "Tea is for losers".

Jul 5, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #21,596 of 150,898
Well, tea isn't just for losers......

Jul 5, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #21,598 of 150,898
I went to a 4th of July party at my friends house in Oxfordshire. Unfortunately I was the only token Brit so I did receive a retinue of slight insults including "We whupped your ass at Yorktown" and "Tea is for losers".
Don't take it to heart, it was the beer talking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 5, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #21,599 of 150,898
Does anyone know of a satisfactory way to connect speakers to a Mjolnir 2/GungnirMB combo so that the speakers are muted when using headphones? I know that when I owned a BMB/Lyr 2 combo the SE outs were muted when headphones are plugged in. It doesn't look as though this problem was solved with ithe troduction of there preamps either. Why is this not easily solvable from an EE point of view?

Jul 5, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #21,600 of 150,898
Does anyone know of a satisfactory way to connect speakers to a Mjolnir 2/GungnirMB combo so that the speakers are muted when using headphones? I know that when I owned a BMB/Lyr 2 combo the SE outs were muted when headphones are plugged in. It doesn't look as though this problem was solved with ithe troduction of there preamps either. Why is this not easily solvable from an EE point of view?

Because there are apparently no good XLR connectors that also contain a switch for when something is plugged in, but it's an easy/common thing for SE because of how the plug works. I know Jason has posted about this at some point, probably years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back