Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 5, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #21,601 of 150,889
We have it across the other pond (it comes between the 3rd and the 5th) we know about it, but we don't celebrate it.

You win the prize for the correct answer. You're choice of Eitr an imaginary Vidar or an imaginary MP.:beerchug:

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #21,602 of 150,889
You win the prize for the correct answer. You're choice of Eitr an imaginary Vidar or an imaginary MP.:beerchug:
Imaginary MP please.
Oh, wow! It's fantastic, I would never have imagined what an improvement it could make.
:thinking:
Must be someone else's imaginary MP.

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #21,603 of 150,889
Does anyone know of a satisfactory way to connect speakers to a Mjolnir 2/GungnirMB combo so that the speakers are muted when using headphones? I know that when I owned a BMB/Lyr 2 combo the SE outs were muted when headphones are plugged in. It doesn't look as though this problem was solved with ithe troduction of there preamps either. Why is this not easily solvable from an EE point of view?

There is an interesting plus to having the outputs active with headphones plugged in. (Especially since Mj2 has two outputs.) Sometimes it's fun to let the sub thump when using open cans.

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #21,604 of 150,889
Does anyone know of a satisfactory way to connect speakers to a Mjolnir 2/GungnirMB combo so that the speakers are muted when using headphones? I know that when I owned a BMB/Lyr 2 combo the SE outs were muted when headphones are plugged in. It doesn't look as though this problem was solved with ithe troduction of there preamps either. Why is this not easily solvable from an EE point of view?

Yes, get a real preamp like a Freya for output to speakers. Turn Freya off or push the mute button when using headphones.

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #21,605 of 150,889
Split the signal just after the Gungnir to your Mjolnir 2 and (pre)amp.
I gave a few solutions on this thread for B & UB

Jul 6, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #21,612 of 150,889
Balanced and Un-Balanced.
They are cousins.

Oh yeah, I remember them now. We've met on several occasions. Now, back to 'splitting'. You said to split the signal between the DAC and Headphone amp "and pre-amp". So, split the signal twice, or did you mean "or pre-amp"?

Jul 6, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #21,613 of 150,889
Balanced and Un-Balanced.
They are cousins.

Here I was thinking B & UB was Bed&un-Breakfast, an economical way to travel in the Netherlands.

There's also a variety of remote controlled switched power outlets.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #21,614 of 150,889
Hey Pietro,

Happy Birthday to your beautiful feline! I like your new Schiit stack! Glad you up and running again after your unfortunate experience.

Cheers!

Jul 6, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #21,615 of 150,889
Oh yeah, I remember them now. We've met on several occasions. Now, back to 'splitting'. You said to split the signal between the DAC and Headphone amp "and pre-amp". So, split the signal twice, or did you mean "or pre-amp"?
I meant... after the dac split to HP-amp and 2-Ch amp.
Split once.
Or use B to Mjolnir and UB to 2Ch amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back