Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 20, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #21,151 of 150,844
One question: There's something stuffed in the down-firing port of my tannoys. Should I remove them?

Heck yes, you always need more bass. And once you have your Vidar mono blocks, it'll be interesting to see how high off the floor they'll go. :ksc75smile:

Jun 20, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #21,152 of 150,844
Jason, thanks for the Vidar update! Hope all will be smooth from now on. Just like many others Schiit lovers (!), I'm interested in (Freya and) Vidar too, but I have to postpone my purchase for some months. But I'd really like to see it (and the other projects too) 'live', if there was such a possibility. So, are you planning to stream Vidar's official presentation (I think even a video uploaded at the end of the presentation will be fine)? Or is it something that's still to be decided?

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #21,155 of 150,844
So with all this chatter about USB decrapification - is there any thought or consensus on connecting a DAC (Mimby) through a USB hub, like the one built in to my monitor? I don't hear any difference in some quick listening. Also, my PC is a Microsoft Surface and my alternative is to run it through the Surface dock anyway, which is already a hub of sorts.

Jun 20, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #21,156 of 150,844
Jason, thanks for the Vidar update! Hope all will be smooth from now on. Just like many others Schiit lovers (!), I'm interested in (Freya and) Vidar too, but I have to postpone my purchase for some months. But I'd really like to see it (and the other projects too) 'live', if there was such a possibility. So, are you planning to stream Vidar's official presentation (I think even a video uploaded at the end of the presentation will be fine)? Or is it something that's still to be decided?

It's been my understanding all along with the Schiitr up and running that's the plan. It will replace the old Schiit Shows for product introduction. Haven't heard different.

Jun 20, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #21,158 of 150,844
He did state some posts ago that they will be Steamin' it live from the shittr. And afterwards it'll be up floated for everyone to behold.

Jun 20, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #21,159 of 150,844
Hi Jason,
Great to hear things are coming together for your new product launch(es). Best of success, we're on your side!
This thread will benefit from new products in hand to review and discuss...I for one am looking forward to that time.

Best Regards,
RCB

Jun 20, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #21,160 of 150,844
Jason-

Any thoughts about having higher-end tubes made for some of your gear like the Freya as an add on purchase? I see a lot of people scouring the internet for better tubes and it would seem like something reasonable to offer. I am gathering this has been discussed, but coudn't find the dicussion.

Jun 20, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #21,162 of 150,844
Jason-

Any thoughts about having higher-end tubes made for some of your gear like the Freya as an add on purchase? I see a lot of people scouring the internet for better tubes and it would seem like something reasonable to offer. I am gathering this has been discussed, but coudn't find the dicussion.

I think this is what you're referring to:
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/schiit-freya-impressions-and-tube-rolling-thread.832177/
(unless you happen to already know that thread).

Jun 20, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #21,163 of 150,844
Jason-

I have reason to believe this will happen. Hopefully.

Jun 20, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #21,164 of 150,844
@Jason Stoddard
This could be the most stupid question regarding the Vidars you'll ever get.
As I have a Ragnarok, would it be a step up if I eventually used it as Pre-amp with two Vidars?

Well, I'm not Jason, just a guy in Florida but I would do that in a heartbeat if I had the slightest inkling of needing more power. Heck I would do it just for the headroom mono blocks would give. Then my little brain would think yes the JFET and 64 steps sounds great, but what about having 128 steps and adding some great tubes to the mix.....

Seriously, there is no substitute for a good amplifier with headroom:beerchug:

I hope your Rag will be back in tip top form soon.

Jun 20, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #21,165 of 150,844
I think it's far easier for people to buy NOS tubes on ebay as it would be for Schiit to try and get a huge batch of NOS tubes.
I wasn't intending for Schiit to aquire existing tubes but develope their own. My thoughts were if they partnered with company or developed their own tubes that had the characteristics many desire.

I have reason to believe this will happen. Hopefully.
I hope so because I think it makes sense, unless finacially it doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back