Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 20, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #21,121 of 150,841
It's always good to have back up. Now that you are enjoying tunes again and relieved, have you tried other working USB sources? I had a similar problem and it was the Schiit USB receiver board, (the Wyrd was fine) they occasionally go bad. Do you have the Gen 2 board in your Bifrost?

I haven't tried other DACs on my PC, only pendrives and external HDD without a single problem. What I did however was to test Bifrost+Wyrd in an old Sony VAIO laptop with Windows 7 and it worked just fine. Also, yes... the board in my Bifrost is Gen 2.

Like your cat, she could curl up inside a shoe box and think it was a palace! Ah, simple things!:beerchug:

Ahh yeah, a card box is a magnet for any of my three cats, just like this...

mx9cDjt.gif

Jun 20, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #21,122 of 150,841
It's been a while since (the rotting) apple cared about their osx gear and its users.
Getting outperformed on their own turf by 50$ naked board pc's. Says it all.
If apple were nowhere near the serious multimedia platform they claim to be they would have a nice digital sound output.

Jun 20, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #21,123 of 150,841
AND WE SCORE!

Our distributors found the output parts for Vidar--the exact parts we qualified for production. This means Vidar doesn't need to have any last-minute requalification or additional testing--we can proceed with production as planned. This is excellent news!

(Now, does this mean I'm NOT going to try the other parts and make sure they work the same--or better? Hell no. I'll make sure Vidar is qualified for a number of options, in case we need some back-up plans.)

(Now, does this mean we're going to receive the parts tomorrow? Probably not. I'm still waiting on them to respond on the timeline. But the good news is that they are in stock, so it won't be a huge delay.)

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jun 20, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #21,124 of 150,841
Great News Jason! Now all the folks wanting to get their Vidars will be rejoicing very soon! Since that hurdle has been cleared, now we can discuss the new projects?

Jun 20, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #21,125 of 150,841
Great News Jason! Now all the folks wanting to get their Vidars will be rejoicing very soon! Since that hurdle has been cleared, now we can discuss the new projects?

Soon!

In addition to Vidar, we have two other products that should be announced shortly. Thanks to Mr. Murphy, the March, May, and July releases are all kinda falling on top of each other. Argh. At least they are very different products.

Jun 20, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #21,126 of 150,841
Soon!

In addition to Vidar, we have two other products that should be announced shortly. Thanks to Mr. Murphy, the March, May, and July releases are all kinda falling on top of each other. Argh. At least they are very different products.

This is all fantastic news and everyone can be less nervosa-bout it! A great summer is coming.

Jun 20, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #21,127 of 150,841
Soon!

So Vidar, Eitr and now something else!

Joy!

Jun 20, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #21,128 of 150,841
But what... 6sn7 LISST's mayhaps. Or the first schiitkitt to enter the field.

Jun 20, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #21,129 of 150,841
I like it. A bunch of July releases...:L3000:

Jun 20, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #21,130 of 150,841
AND WE SCORE!

Our distributors found the output parts for Vidar--the exact parts we qualified for production. This means Vidar doesn't need to have any last-minute requalification or additional testing--we can proceed with production as planned. This is excellent news!

(Now, does this mean I'm NOT going to try the other parts and make sure they work the same--or better? Hell no. I'll make sure Vidar is qualified for a number of options, in case we need some back-up plans.)

(Now, does this mean we're going to receive the parts tomorrow? Probably not. I'm still waiting on them to respond on the timeline. But the good news is that they are in stock, so it won't be a huge delay.)

Awesome news! When do you think you will start accepting Vidar orders and do you have an updated estimate on first shipment? I ask because I will be ordering some speakers and want them to arrive about the same time so I don't waste too much of the evaluation period.

Do you think Vidar will have issues with 4 Ohm speakers in monoblock mode?

I can't wait!!

Jun 20, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #21,132 of 150,841
Soon!

I've been passively following along since this thread somehow came on to my radar. Perhaps it was in researching Vidar which is very interesting to me.

Anyway, it seems there would be a place in the world for a special device. It would be fairly simple, perhaps using existing parts. A box with some knobs and switches. Maybe knobs could be somehow varied in turning resistance and switches could have some associated lights. Some random numbers and some nonsensical verbiage would take it over the top, methinks. It would be like a fidget spinner for audio nuts. And it would be named...

are you with me?

Nervosanator

Has a nice ring, don't you think?

Jun 20, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #21,134 of 150,841
And...it's official!

Vidar first articles are approved. Now it's just waiting. The outputs will be at the assembler next week, which should work out fine (they have to do all the SMD parts and other prep anyway--outputs are one of the last things that go on.

But, as usual, it ships when it ships. I cannot set a precise date.

Jun 20, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #21,135 of 150,841
Soon!

So Jason does that mean you plan to announce all 3 at the same time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back