Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 31, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #20,627 of 151,494
May 31, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #20,628 of 151,494
cat-audio-speakers.jpg
Oh yes she does.
She walks noiseless but if she crosses the room behind me its like turning a balance knob on the subwoofer.
Tried training her to sit on specific spots depending on music and volume.
Guess what? .....
Brilliant! We can get the excess Cats at the SPCA, specially train them to be Audio-Cats!
That will be the Schiit!

We will solve two problems at once and make a fortune!

May 31, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #20,629 of 151,494
I've tried using some quality plugs at the concert. It sounded like crap and I had to throw them away.

May 31, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #20,631 of 151,494
Custom molded earplugs for heavy caliber shooters are a good alternative.

And before you all get your panties in a twist..
This is a serious advice.
such plugs don't even try to have a stable frequency response, which is what the person starting this was looking for.
I had a pair of custom plugs many years back, it had some sort of powder in a canister along a tiny vent in the mold. violent sounds would push the content and momentarily increase the dampening of sound. but after that when the stuff inside was at "rest", I could ear "reasonably" well. listening to music with those was like having the worst compressor DSP set to make sure we can't enjoy the music.
as for full on plugs aimed at massive attenuation, I had some done when I got into driving trains, thinking I was so clever. never got to use them as I soon learned that it's illegal while driving(at least in France it is). but anyway, those plugs did not even pretend to try and keep a balanced frequency response. listening to music was the same as being behind a concrete wall. "it's all about that bass".

some plugs are made for the very purpose of listening to music and as I said last time, while it's not perfect, obviously it's way better suited for music listening as it was done specifically with that in mind.

and no, I'm still not a doctor.

Jun 1, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #20,634 of 151,494
So are you a Mopar guy or just happen to have a valiant? Either way that's a sweet ride. My dream car is a 66 coronet 2 door with a big block and a 66/7 charger grille.

If anything I'm a Valiant guy, even more specific than a Mopar guy. I've had seven over the years, four of them convertibles, including the current one.

Jun 1, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #20,635 of 151,494
Sorry for going a bit off topic, but since many of you have experience with 2 channel systems I was wondering:

What nice speakers under $1000 could be powered with the 2W per channel of the BottleHead S.E.X.?
Does more power change the option for nicer speakers in the same price range or 2W is good enough if the speakers are sensitive?

Jun 1, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #20,636 of 151,494
Sorry for going a bit off topic, but since many of you have experience with 2 channel systems I was wondering:

What nice speakers under $1000 could be powered with the 2W per channel of the BottleHead S.E.X.?
Does more power change the option for nicer speakers in the same price range or 2W is good enough if the speakers are sensitive?
That's venturing into a specialized area with its own cult following — systems with low powered tube amps driving efficient speakers.
I suggest that you ask in Bottlehead's own forum. There is a speaker section: http://bottlehead.com/smf/index.php?board=12.0

Jun 1, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #20,637 of 151,494
My Freya has finally arrived! Can't wait to get a pair of Vidars!

I'm 95% sure I will get the Tannoys.

Jun 1, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #20,639 of 151,494
My Freya has finally arrived! Can't wait to get a pair of Vidars!

I'm 95% sure I will get the Tannoys.

My Freya arrived yesterday! I too wait for Vidar to be released so I can buy two of them. I am leaning toward a pair of Salk Song3-A speakers.

Jun 1, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #20,640 of 151,494
Any appetite for a Balanced Output Loki?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back