Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 19, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #20,223 of 150,571
I use Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2's. They have RAAL tweeters and I have never heard tweeters as good as them. The crossover with the woofer is seamless. I have no plans on ever replacing them as long as they are working.

May 19, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #20,224 of 150,571
Auralic just introduced this at Munich Hi End. It looks to me to be the kind of DAC/pre I wish Schiit would make. (Although this is more "blingy" with screens, etc. than I would want Schiit to make.) I could see this pairing amazingly well with 2x Vidar monos via XLR. I am sure I would still miss Yiggy, though.

http://hometheaterhifi.com/press-releases/vega-g2-streaming-dac/

vega-g2-streaming-dac-image1.jpg

vega-g2-streaming-dac-image4.jpg

May 19, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #20,225 of 150,571
At the risk of being ridiculed....
Got the Forza Audio Claire HPC Mk2 Balanced cable for my LCD-X in today.
You all should really try those cables sometime.
They're not expensive, beautiful and sound perfect (just like the standard cable) but not as flimsy and difficult to handle.
www.forzaaudioworks.com

No ridicule...FORZA rocks !! Following your recommendation some weeks ago, I eventually got a HPC Noir Mk2 XLR to benefit from the balanced output on the MJ2... a bit more expensive...beautifully made and sound superb.

May 19, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #20,227 of 150,571
The Elac Adante will be released soon. It's hard to tell at a show but there is some merit to concentric drivers. It stood out in a crowded field is all I can say. $2,450.00/pair if memory serves. A floor stander is coming too.

I'm hoping that Elac will bring this to the upcoming LA Audio Show in a couple of weeks. It seems like an interesting speaker.

May 19, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #20,231 of 150,571
Imagen5.jpg
1f.jpg

I don't post too much, but since the talking about 2 way Schiit systems here is mine:
Sensa Mini by Wizard Audio (not a fan of LS50's, Sensa's are locally built in Mexico with a very dense wood)
Rotel RB1070 (modified, capacitance was tripled with Philips NOS and some other components changed for better quality ones)
Schiit Saga with RCA black base tube
Shiitt Bifrost multibit
NUC via optical/CD transport via coax

I'm geting one or two Vidars for a future system with Sensa towers and a Gungnir multibit..... Really happy with this small system, imaging is scary nice, a lot of detail in the music.
best regards,

Antonio Rivas

Last edited:
May 19, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #20,232 of 150,571
The Elac Adante will be released soon. It's hard to tell at a show but there is some merit to concentric drivers. It stood out in a crowded field is all I can say. $2,450.00/pair if memory serves. A floor stander is coming too.

I'm really happy with my UniFi F5s from Elac. The Adante's should be awesome. I hope they look prettier for the pricing delta, but the sound is tremendous for the cost.

May 19, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #20,234 of 150,571
Had Paradigm Mini Monitor fronts on stands along with a center channel and two rear speakers for 20 years. Recently bought the classic series Paradigm Monitor 11 v7 floor standing fronts along with a center channel and two rear speakers. The Monitor 11s are currently bi-amped via an Onkyo receiver. I replaced a Paradigm sub-woofer with an SVS model. Paradigm are good no frills speakers in my price range. I would compare them to Elac but with more bass and better drivers.

May 19, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #20,235 of 150,571
I'm really happy with my UniFi F5s from Elac. The Adante's should be awesome. I hope they look prettier for the pricing delta, but the sound is tremendous for the cost.

The finish looked superb, definitely worth a listen. They can thump with that 8" woofer design. I think they're 8", and I can't recall their efficiency, but wouldn't be surprised if two Vidars would be in order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back