Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 19, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #20,236 of 149,163
Had Paradigm Mini Monitor fronts on stands along with a center channel and two rear speakers for 20 years. Recently bought the classic series Paradigm Monitor 11 v7 floor standing fronts along with a center channel and two rear speakers. The Monitor 11s are currently bi-amped via an Onkyo receiver. I replaced a Paradigm sub-woofer with an SVS model. Paradigm are good no frills speakers in my price range. I would compare them to Elac but with more bass and better drivers.

Had a 7.1 home theater system. Really loved the Paradigms, had a pair of Monitor 7's, 3's, CC-350, and a pair of ADP-350's with a pair of Sunfire true subwoofers. Movies and concerts never sounded so good.

Paradigm makes great products...

May 19, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #20,237 of 149,163
Just sat down.Third glass of wine. Feet up. Listening Transformer - by Lou Reed (because someone called him transfobic because of Walk on the wild side- they must have missed his make-up and high heels)
Wife comes in.
Can you fix the washingmachine?

See kids..Bad machines ruin your live!
Even the germans lost it. So I`ll be on my knees for a while.
pffffff
Just a perfect day for sure Lou.Thanks.

May 19, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #20,238 of 149,163
The finish looked superb, definitely worth a listen. They can thump with that 8" woofer design. I think they're 8", and I can't recall their efficiency, but wouldn't be surprised if two Vidars would be in order.

6 Ohm at 87dB efficiency vs 4 Ohm at 85db on UniFi and Debut's I believe.

And yes, they look so much better than the UniFi and Debut's

Last edited:
May 19, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #20,239 of 149,163
Just sat down.Third glass of wine. Feet up. Listening Transformer - by Lou Reed (because someone called him transfobic because of Walk on the wild side- they must have missed his make-up and high heels)
Wife comes in.

pffffff

I humbly apoligize to the whole of Germany.
Kid-resistance is hard to achieve in washingmachines or in other devices.

May 19, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #20,241 of 149,163
Wife comes in.

pffffff

I listened to this album this morning, and agree regarding "Walk on the wild side". To my ears it sounds the opposite of transphobic. A song full of affection. Great album.

May 19, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #20,242 of 149,163
Last edited:
May 19, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #20,243 of 149,163
I listened to this album this morning, and agree regarding "Walk on the wild side". To my ears it sounds the opposite of transphobic. A song full of affection. Great album.
Its ridiculous. The album is called TRANSformer for Schiit sake!
The song was written by a dude whos girlfriend was a transgender but the social justice wariors claim that times have changed and that a once friendly and including message may now be harmfull because media is consumed differently today.

May 19, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #20,246 of 149,163
Reading on here I would say its starting to feel familiar:)

Yes, a nice feeling. We're all supporting the best high-end audiophile company around - one of the few that gets it!

May 19, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #20,247 of 149,163
I continue to wait patiently for the next Schiit. A little constipation never killed anyone!:beerchug::L3000:

May 19, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #20,248 of 149,163
I'm really hoping Schiit announces their next product soon and that it's a USB-to-SPDIF converter, with a quality USB implementation. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a third-party product, but keep waiting to see if Schiit releases one.

In both my Mimby and Jot, the USB implementation is the one thing that lives up to the pejorative sense of the name Schiit.

May 19, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #20,249 of 149,163
Auralic just introduced this at Munich Hi End. It looks to me to be the kind of DAC/pre I wish Schiit would make. (Although this is more "blingy" with screens, etc. than I would want Schiit to make.) I could see this pairing amazingly well with 2x Vidar monos via XLR. I am sure I would still miss Yiggy, though.

http://hometheaterhifi.com/press-releases/vega-g2-streaming-dac/

vega-g2-streaming-dac-image1.jpg

vega-g2-streaming-dac-image4.jpg
I just got a (used) Auralic Aries to feed AES to my Yggy. The Aries is small and properly understated, The new Auralic boxes are as you say absurdly blingy, and way too expensive. Used Aries>Yggy>Freya is cheaper and may well be better. I know, 3 boxes. But the hi-fi arms race of price and bling is something that we have to push back on.

May 19, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #20,250 of 149,163
Schitt equipment is much like the vintage stuff I enjoy over any of the high-end and here is why -

Schitt performance and price = Functional. Objectively the equal of any. Looks-wise it is alpojsadfpokjfaesdpojgefpokafdspokasdf

"High-End" performance and price = Fictional. Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder but when you factor in the ego of so many frAudiophile pundits, sound reasoning and objectivity are the baby and the bath water.

Audio is kinda sorta like "love" in that it is never really a "no strings attached " affair because in either example the only strings that truly matter are those of the heart, if you will.
Its ridiculous. The album is called TRANSformer for Schiit sake!
The song was written by a dude whos girlfriend was a transgender but the social justice wariors claim that times have changed and that a once friendly and including message may now be harmfull because media is consumed differently today.

They are actually "Social Just Us Whiners". Not the least bit interested in justice, but rather "just us" against you. FTN.

Like the great song by the Kinks, "Lola" (which I like a whole lot more) , Lou Reed's song was pretty damn good. And still is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back