Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 5, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #19,816 of 151,180
Concerning the Schiit sponsored local meet idea - sign me up! I'd love that. Heck, I'd do it for free if you could send some gear for demo and cover shipping. Denver CO.

May 5, 2017 at 1:40 AM Post #19,817 of 151,180
Off topic, but I was looking at the LISST page and came across this sentence: "Also, since they’re solid-state devices, they have very, very long lifespan, unlike tubes."

Wouldn't it be a very long lifespan?

May 5, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #19,819 of 151,180
Off topic, but I was looking at the LISST page and came across this sentence: "Also, since they’re solid-state devices, they have very, very long lifespan, unlike tubes."

Wouldn't it be a very long lifespan?

Or, ...'very long lifespans"...?

May 5, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #19,821 of 151,180
Blowing Up the Trade Show

...The past months has seen me return to trade shows—first CanJam LA, and lately AXPONA. And yeah, I know, I know, I’ve been scarce at shows. A combination of Too Many New Products Syndrome, and I’m Sick At The Wrong Moments Syndrome combined to keep me in the office for much of the last year. Now, I’m back at the shows…and quickly wondering how we are gonna keep up with all the shows we could go to.

I mean, there’s the LA show after Axpona, and Munich, and London CanJam, and the bizarre Newport thing right before RMAF, and RMAF, and the DC thing, and CES (if you are that insane) and probably two or three more before it goes round again…which means you’re looking at (pretty much) a show every month.

So, yeah. We could go to more shows outside of California—but I’m not convinced that’s the answer.

So, the question was: how do you blow up the trade show model…and make it work for a bizarre company like Schiit?

Mike and I came to the same conclusion, I think, largely by chance. Here it is: create a stripped-down, ready-to-go SchiitKit that a fan can take to smaller shows and local meets…or create meets themselves.

“Oh, engaging the fanbase, how Flight of the Conchords of you,” you might be sneering. Yeah, except for a couple of things. First, we don’t expect a fan to do this out of the goodness of their heart. They’d be well-paid. Second, we already have fans around the country who want to do this. And third, I think the real kicker is in creating meets themselves. Who says we have to wait for a show or a meet? If there isn’t a local show or meet, we’ll help create one. Yeah, it’ll have Schiit gear there, but feel free to bring other stuff, get together, and compare.

Dare we hope that you may come to Capital Audio Fest 2017? We have a large community here and meets are averaging close to once a month. If, for some reason that won't work, I'm sure we can round up staffing for a SchiiKit presence.

May 5, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #19,822 of 151,180
Dare we hope that you may come to Capital Audio Fest 2017? We have a large community here and meets are averaging close to once a month. If, for some reason that won't work, I'm sure we can round up staffing for a SchiiKit presence.

DItto. This is the only show I can make for the foreseeable future.

May 5, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #19,826 of 151,180

Sounds more like Schiit would send a kit to someone near there that they trust.

May 5, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #19,827 of 151,180
That's quite a harsh punishment!

...only to be outdone by HumanFly's recommendation -- Meryl Streep & Pierce Brosnan in a musical. A friend of mine and I sat through this at the request of our wives. Words can't explain the horror. :scream:

The last time my granddaughter was watching that movie, it gave me a really good reason to put on the LCD-X and crank up some Joe Bonamassa!

May 5, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #19,830 of 151,180
I enjoyed Mama Mia. :-D

I love ABBA. A bit cheesy sometimes, but they also did some fantastic singles, and the albums are pretty good too.

Screens musicals often have non-singers in them. Rex Harrison and Lee Marvin spring to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back