Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 3, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #19,774 of 149,563
@JasonStoddard- the demographics are interesting. I bought my first schiit product when I was 19, a Mani and Asgard 2 amp. Now I'm almost 22 with a multibit Bifrost, Audeze LCD-2 headphones, and Ciems. It's definitely an addiction.

I agree - that info is very interesting to me, too. It makes perfect sense that Schiit's target market is different than the high-cost companies. Loved what Jason wrote about it - what a great company mission, to bring high-end audio to the younger generation who can afford it. I'm not young, but I applaud the approach. You Rock, Schiit.

Cheers -
RCB

May 3, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #19,776 of 149,563
Good chapter Jason, stay the course. Look forward to getting to the Shiitr someday. Whatever my demographic is.

May 3, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #19,779 of 149,563
I'm planning to take my home office system (Bimby+Jot) to work and I was looking at a possible new home office system, but Jason's new product hints put a brake on that. Might as well see what's coming before committing.

May 4, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #19,781 of 149,563
2017, Chapter 7:
Learning New Tricks

Now, of course, we haven’t even done a single event at the Schiitr—no tech night, no Mike Moffat seminar on the virtues of MQA

"And now, please welcome tonight's featured speaker, Mike Moffat. on the virtues of MQA!"

[Mike steps up to the podium. 63 seconds of wild applause from the assorted SchiitHeads in attendance, which finally dies down when Mike raises his hand in acknowledgement.]

[Mike opens mouth and starts to raise his hand with a pointed finger, then pauses for 5 seconds. Closes mouth.]

[Mike angles his head a bit to the right, raises hand again, opens mouth, and freezes. After 5 seconds, squints eyes a bit and looks pensive.]

[10 more seconds pass. The audience leans forward in their seats, expectantly.]

"Thank you."

[Mike exits, stage left.]

I'd drive a couple of hours to see that. If I lived in California.

May 4, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #19,782 of 149,563
Blown away. My first Schiit goodies arrived last week, a Modi MB and a Jot. I have had then setup in my office driving Oppo PM-2's from a fix of PC based music. Outstanding! That same PC feeds an Airport Express in the living room system (an Audio-GD NFB2.2 DAC to Emotiva UMC-1 processor to UPA-1 Monoblocks to Tannoy DMT15 monitors)

So today for Schiits and Giggles I took the Modi and Jot to the living room. Plugged the toslink out of the Airport into the Modi, *cheap* RCA cable to the Jot, and had that feed directly into a UPA-1 for each L&R channel.

I was stunned at the complete transformation.... Tighter and deeper bass, more focus, forward vocals, improved sound stage, clarity at very high volume ... Absolutely blown away. Now I need to figure out the best way of getting that feeling and bypassing the HT when I want to listen to 2 channel. Looks like I'm in the market for more Schiit.

May 4, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #19,783 of 149,563
I had a similar response to @Timster

The Saga and Mani have been in the system for a week now, and I'm just blown away by the performance. I'm hearing things that I've not noticed before on both LP and digital. It's like my music collection has been given a good clean, and has come up sparkling. Even less than pristine recordings have taken on a new lease of life; my old 80s indie 45s are now listenable for the first time in years, although I still won't be using The Jesus and Mary Chain or The Shop Assistants to show off the Schiitty delights of my system!

May 4, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #19,784 of 149,563
What is the latest update on the Vidar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back