Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 13, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #18,826 of 150,609
Hah - As a new member of the "Husbands who hide audio gear" club, I can't tell if my wife simply doesn't notice the random new pair of cans and/or new stack of Schiit, or if she's just banking this knowledge for when she needs to use it against me.
wink.gif

Bank on the latter.

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #18,827 of 150,609

Of course Schiit can do whatever they please but they eventually caved on the whole remote thing. This actually reminds me of the whole debate over schiit not giving the Ragnarok a remote.  Something about how complex it would be and how it would affect sq.  But now the next Raggy will have a remote.

As inconvenient as it is at times, I actually like the idea of my tube amp not having a remote.  Keeps me from turning it on and off overly much, and just leaving it powered up for the listening duration, potential and actual.  Tubes are like light bulbs in that respect, their life is more dictated by accumulated inrush power on quantity than total operating time. 

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #18,831 of 150,609
  I've been to Delft.  Schiit happens there, too, just more laid back?...idyllic?...tulipy?...  :wink:

What's hanging on your bicycle?

Yeah... We're really laid back with everything (including schiit) here.
I bet you saw some of the same public watering holes I frequent.
(Locus Publicus for example). Idyllic place when in the right "mood".
I hate tulips tough. They taste like schiit.

I got a new bike just today. This is the second time you prove to be clairvoyant. Just as you knew the profession of my father 
biggrin.gif

A bike with a big cradle on front just in time to transport Constanza to her yearly vet appointment.
You sure you're not the American stamping old rock music trough the walls just now?

Apr 13, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #18,833 of 150,609
Mine does not run hot to the touch, much cooler than MJ2 or Ragnarok.

Apr 13, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #18,834 of 150,609
  Yeah... We're really laid back with everything (including schiit) here.
I bet you saw some of the same public watering holes I frequent.
(Locus Publicus for example). Idyllic place when in the right "mood".
I hate tulips tough. They taste like schiit.

I got a new bike just today. This is the second time you prove to be clairvoyant. Just as you knew the profession of my father 
biggrin.gif

A bike with a big cradle on front just in time to transport Constanza to her yearly vet appointment.
You sure you're not the American stamping old rock music trough the walls just now?

It's been a goodly while now, but I recollect one of my favorite watering holes in the area was a pub/restaurant with a Dutch name that roughly translated to "The Crooked Corner".  More toward the direction of (or near to?) one of the dikes.  Dreamer?

So...  You actually grabbed your tongue, eh? 
biggrin.gif

And the ol' Netherlander greeting idiom caught you right between the current events, did it now?  Yeah, that's me alright, Mr. Seer.  Sucker to me friends... 
rolleyes.gif

And no, it's not me on the other side of your flat's wall.  Altho I used to be stranded in the '60s, I admit, but I've fluffed my musical tastes considerably since then, as evidenced by my recent Bandcamp recommendations.

Apr 13, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #18,836 of 150,609

And no, it's not me on the other side of your flat's wall.  Altho I used to be stranded in the '60s, I admit, but I've fluffed my musical tastes considerably since then, as evidenced by my recent Bandcamp recommendations.

Shame, we could share a NAS.
Like to hear some "twonky twonky".

Apr 13, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #18,837 of 150,609
Yeah, that's always the way of it...  Your familiar haunt rapidly becomes everybody's favorite, which they tend to emphasize after being lathered up with alcohol by shouting at each other incessantly and punctuating sentences with horse brays and hyena giggles, until it becomes a reverberating den of pure black noise. 
wink.gif

But no, I strictly access my music from CDs.  The sheer volume of the variety and quality of recording sessions that's available through that medium is matchless.

Apr 13, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #18,838 of 150,609
Yeah, that's always the way of it...  Your familiar haunt rapidly becomes everybody's favorite, which they tend to emphasize after being lathered up with alcohol by shouting at each other incessantly and punctuating sentences with horse brays and hyena giggles, until it becomes a reverberating den of pure black noise.  :wink:

HA, HA, HA - beautiful imagery.

Apr 13, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #18,840 of 150,609
  Yeah, that's always the way of it...  Your familiar haunt rapidly becomes everybody's favorite, which they tend to emphasize after being lathered up with alcohol by shouting at each other incessantly and punctuating sentences with horse brays and hyena giggles, until it becomes a reverberating den of pure black noise. 
wink.gif

Ah yes, the type of place where, if I am dragged into one by a colleauge or customer, I tend to become an increasingly angry and loud old man until I reach the violence tipping point and start showing the kids how us ex-Navy-specops punks did it in the 70's.  Mosh pit on the bar, anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back