Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 13, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #18,841 of 150,635
He is our resident cowboy poet

My personal favorite I'll repost after the release of MP.

Mosh pit on the bar, anyone?

Oof.  Hard landing.  I'd much prefer the covey of tittering aromatic nubiles over at the next table... 
wink.gif

Apr 13, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #18,844 of 150,635
  old school Mosh pit

Waaah!!! That's just old fashion Pogo Dancing.
Did that a lot in London when I was young.
Jump into the lot, have fun, dance your arse of and count your teeth later.
Good old times.
Sex Pistols, Pill and lots of more noise.
What a great time it was. (in hindsight and forgetting the pain) 

edit: Got me suspended from Uni for a week because I elbowed one of my profs straight in the bollocks one time. How could I know. He was unrecognizable.

Apr 13, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #18,847 of 150,635

The takeaway for me was that if I had called the doctor the first morning I noticed the hearing problem, they would have been able to treat the virus with antibiotics and prevented the hearing degradation. Instead I just waited until my next scheduled doctor's appointment, by which time it was too late - damage done.

Uh... they told you that?
I am a doctor and believe me... There's no way to threat a viral infection effectively with AB's
So in my humble opinion you just fell out of luck.

Mmm. As I replied earlier I think I just misquoted. What they told me was that "if it had been caught within the first three days it could have been treated." So most likely not a virus.

Apr 13, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #18,848 of 150,635

Mmm. As I replied earlier I think I just misquoted. What they told me was that "if it had been caught within the first three days it could have been treated." So most likely not a virus.

Well, I sincerely hope they can help you in a real way.
It's worth it. 

Apr 13, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #18,849 of 150,635
  A little too old for the mosh pit. I enjoyed my live music in slightly more psychedelic reverie!

​I was there too, my friend.  At least I think I was, not sure I remember it all... but after I got out of the Navy the punk scene was happening and I enjoyed the anger outlet.  I was often one of the oldest people at those shows...

Apr 13, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #18,850 of 150,635

​I was there too, my friend.  At least I think I was, not sure I remember it all... but after I got out of the Navy the punk scene was happening and I enjoyed the anger outlet.  I was often one of the oldest people at those shows...

I think if you don't remember you definitely where there. 

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #18,855 of 150,635

I seem to recall Jason saying that, to a certain extent, they listen to customer feedback. He hinted if there was enough of a fuss raised, they might consider adding HT bypass to the next rev of the Saga and Freya.

Or not.

It's easy enough to get a high quality stereo A/B switch and make your own bypass. Not really a bypass but you get the same ability. That is how mine is set up.  Push one button and my Saga is connected to my L/R power amp.  Push the other button and the AVR L/R preamp outs go to the power amp.  I used the one below because I had it laying around from using two turntables into the same preamp some years ago.  If it could handle a few millivolt cartridge signal with no issue, line level should work fine.   Cheaper line level switches would probably work too.  I could have just left the Saga in the circuit and turned the volume up all the way but I didn't want to leave it on all the time.

https://soundapproach.com/rek-o-kut-low-noise-stereo-phono-aux-switch.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back