Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 9, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #16,999 of 149,405
Fasting probably just increases the slew rate…

JJ 
atsmile.gif

Feb 9, 2017 at 5:25 AM Post #17,000 of 149,405

That's one of the benefits. But the main reason is to detoxify your body, so that you don't feel sick, parched or even nauseous when fasting. When i first fasted, i got cramps because i had eaten fried stuff the previous day. Eating healthy the previous day helps keep your cravings in check much better. You also feel less thirsty.

There are other things people can do become healthier. One of the best ways is to only eat and drink between a specified time period. I eat and drink within a 9 hour period from 10AM-7PM. I don't eat or drink anything outside of those timings. That actually works pretty well as you maintain discipline, especially if the food you eat is generally free of processed sugar.

Ah I see, thanks for the explanation. As for the time limit, so if I miss the timing, it's better to starve than to eat just a teeny weeny bit?

Feb 9, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #17,003 of 149,405

Ah I see, thanks for the explanation. As for the time limit, so if I miss the timing, it's better to starve than to eat just a teeny weeny bit?

Whatever you're comfortable with. It's not always possible to keep with that schedule. If you're hungry after that, you can eat something. It's automatic to keep to the schedule for me nowadays. Just try to keep a schedule for 2-3 days. After that it's easy.

If you have further queries, PM me. Don't want to clutter up this thread. We are here to talk Schiit, not eat it:)

Feb 9, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #17,004 of 149,405
About stereophile situation, probably if the review was about a theta digital dac, the dac was modern, innovative and with wonderful resolution. but it´s about schiit so...
the problem is that, today, thanks to schiit and some other companies we have really good products with affordable price and this is bad for high-end industries.
in the past the situation was really different.
about the food i don´t understand the fact of not eating.
young i was fat, really. now i eat more but with balance. and yes i run, run, run, run, run......3 time a week, 10 Km. each time. so i burn sugar, colesterol, etc.

Feb 9, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #17,005 of 149,405
To Jason Stoddard:

Quit that crazy idea of fasting, it's not healthy.
Eat healthy, 5 or 6 times per day, and do exercise.
Go to a nutritionist and let him tell you what is correct for your body, every one is different and has different nutritional requirements, there's no universal formula here, and crazy stuff like fasting can be dangerous.

We want more excellent products from your great company, that can't be possible if you don't take care of yourself :wink:

Feb 9, 2017 at 6:45 AM Post #17,006 of 149,405
  To Jason Stoddard:

Quit that crazy idea of fasting, it's not healthy.
Eat healthy, 5 or 6 times per day, and do exercise.
Go to a nutritionist and let him tell you what is correct for your body, every one is different and has different nutritional requirements, there's no universal formula here, and crazy stuff like fasting can be dangerous.

We want more excellent products from your great company, that can't be possible if you don't take care of yourself :wink:

Agree 100%. not eating is bad for the health and when you restart to eat, the body absorbs all!!!!

Feb 9, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #17,007 of 149,405
  I've seen multiple people on Reddit and Twitter refer to places like Head-Fi as "1990s style discussion forums", so as much as Jason says we're the future, I think we'll be obsolete ourselves before too much longer.

We will become obsolete only if we lose our love of listening to good music on gear that preserves the fidelity of the performance. After all, the objective is to enjoy the performance, not tally up the myriad of equipment, boxes, and cables that allow us to do so. 

Feb 9, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #17,008 of 149,405

I couldn't stomach that........  
blink.gif

Yeah, it's horrible but sometimes, work/school calls....

Whatever you're comfortable with. It's not always possible to keep with that schedule. If you're hungry after that, you can eat something. It's automatic to keep to the schedule for me nowadays. Just try to keep a schedule for 2-3 days. After that it's easy.

If you have further queries, PM me. Don't want to clutter up this thread. We are here to talk Schiit, not eat it:)

Thanks, let's see how it goes!

Now onto being obsolete again...

Feb 9, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #17,009 of 149,405
I knew a man who was training his dog not to eat.
Wouldn't you know it, that just when he had the thankless mutt trained to perfestion........

The dog went and died on him.......     

Man's best friend...     indeed......

Feb 9, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #17,010 of 149,405
I knew a man who was training his dog not to eat.
Wouldn't you know it, that just when he had the thankless mutt trained to perfestion........

The dog went and died on him.......     

Man's best friend...     indeed......

LOL in Italy is the same history but with the horse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back