Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 8, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #16,966 of 149,406
  So with more than 18 bits, sounds like we’re OK, right? (Thank You, Bigro, for posting this.)

Great, now he's going to get the Big(Ro)Head, like he needed that inflated any more. :)

Feb 8, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #16,967 of 149,406
I seem to have trouble fasting every night when I go to bed 
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #16,968 of 149,406
I've seen multiple people on Reddit and Twitter refer to places like Head-Fi as "1990s style discussion forums", so as much as Jason says we're the future, I think we'll be obsolete ourselves before too much longer.

Feb 8, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #16,970 of 149,406
Feb 8, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #16,973 of 149,406
I find this whole situation funny as its Stereophile that is obsolete.

Also this is a classic case of the more you say the more people will have to complain. Consider a $20k DAC and Ygg. The $20k DAC will sell you on the emotional out of body experience you will have when you listen to it, while Ygg explains how it achieved the the next level of technology. People can point at the tech and say how this and that is wrong, but they can't say anything about the lack of an emotional experience they didn't have with the $20k DAC. The Emperor's New Clothes.

Now I am not saying Schiit should change anything, they are on the right side of history.

Feb 8, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #16,974 of 149,406
  I think the argument could be made that audio as a hobby is obsolete..

When you get right down to it, most hobbies are obsolete. They consist of people doing things for fun or relaxation that could be more efficiently achieved by other (more up-to-date) means. You don't go fishing or hunting or gardening because you are hungry. You don't paint because the walls look a little bare. And there's absolutely no rational reason to listen to music at all. Wherein lies the glory of the thing, no matter what means we use to pursue it.

What bugs me more is people looking down on others' hobbies or approaches. Seems that passing judgment is one of the most popular hobbies of all...

Feb 8, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #16,976 of 149,406

BTW, who else would like to see Jason start a thread on "bio-hacks" and health in general? Perhaps in the lounge section, if they still have that?

I know, here I am making more work for Jason...

I'd apologize, if I were sorry...

OK, after you get Vidar and Chthulu (sp) done...

Feb 8, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #16,977 of 149,406

BTW, who else would like to see Jason start a thread on "bio-hacks" and health in general? Perhaps in the lounge section, if they still have that?

I know, here I am making more work for Jason...

I'd apologize, if I were sorry...

OK, after you get Vidar and Chthulu (sp) done...

I'd read it for sure. I've been doing intermittent fasting all week, so it was a trip to read Jason talking about it.

Feb 8, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #16,978 of 149,406

When you get right down to it, most hobbies are obsolete. They consist of people doing things for fun or relaxation that could be more efficiently achieved by other (more up-to-date) means. You don't go fishing or hunting or gardening because you are hungry. You don't paint because the walls look a little bare. And there's absolutely no rational reason to listen to music at all. Wherein lies the glory of the thing, no matter what means we use to pursue it.

What bugs me more is people looking down on others' hobbies or approaches. Seems that passing judgment is one of the most popular hobbies of all...

We're wired to enjoy music... http://www.newsweek.com/music-produces-pleasure-similarly-drugs-and-sex-553946

Feb 8, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #16,979 of 149,406
  Has anyone yet mentioned how tasty skewered sacred cow is?  Especially cooked over an open flame, with the right wood.   Mmmmmm.

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers, just grind them up and throw them on the flames.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back