Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 8, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #16,951 of 149,404
I really like it!

see signature 
redface.gif

Feb 8, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #16,952 of 149,404
I didn't get the "Obsolete" ad, personally. Too much text. The "Cheap" and "Silly" sounds better to me.
I thought the whole response to Stereophile was exaggerated, until I learned Schiit has history with them. Still, how many people have called Schiit crap? Maybe not big names, but I'm willing to bet most buyers and some fans haven't heard of Stereophile at all, and even if they had, I wouldn't take it as the only opinion on buying a $2k DAC.

Feb 8, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #16,953 of 149,404
I didn't get the "Obsolete" ad, personally. Too much text. The "Cheap" and "Silly" sounds better to me.
I thought the whole response to Stereophile was exaggerated, until I learned Schiit has history with them. Still, how many people have called Schiit crap? Maybe not big names, but I'm willing to bet most buyers and some fans haven't heard of Stereophile at all, and even if they had, I wouldn't take it as the only opinion on buying a $2k DAC.

I don't think the problem is criticism it is the fact that the reviewer loved the Yigg then another person attacked it for being "obsolete" on the Facebook post for it... Doesn't really make any sense does it.

Feb 8, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #16,956 of 149,404
I am still having trouble getting my head around the idea of fasting for 36 hours. I know that it is supposed to change your perceptions and can stimulate creativity, but Jason, I am really impressed with your dedication!

Feb 8, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #16,957 of 149,404
I am still having trouble getting my head around the idea of fasting for 36 hours. I know that it is supposed to change your perceptions and can stimulate creativity, but Jason, I am really impressed with your dedication!

It actually ended up being 96 hours--4 days. After the second day, I wasn't really hungry at all.

For those interested in this facet of my insanity, fasting releases HGH, helps reverse insulin resistance, and is supposed to reset the immune system (through clearing of senescent white blood cells). My fasting blood glucose has gone down significantly--from low-mid 90s to low-mid 80s--since the fast. Given this is related to overall health markers, I'd call it a success. However, it's not what I'd call a pleasant experience (not unpleasant, either--"disconcerting" is the best way to describe it.)

Intermittent fasting (eating only within a 4-6 hour window every day) also supposedly has some of the same benefits. I find the intermittent method really easy to do.

Standard disclaimer: I am not a medical professional, this isn't health advice, consult your own physician (mine thinks I am crazy--I think I scare him a little), and, most importantly, do what works for you. For example, I don't do well on keto diets, despite many people who do very well on them. I've also verified that I have no problem with gluten and dairy products, though there are certainly people that do (and it seems to be a fad right now to avoid both.)

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Feb 8, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #16,959 of 149,404
I don't think the problem is criticism it is the fact that the reviewer loved the Yigg then another person attacked it for being "obsolete" on the Facebook post for it... Doesn't really make any sense does it.

Personally, I do think it makes sense, in the sense (doh!!!) that we are talking about two different persons from Stereophile. As far as I know Stereophile or any other magazine/website is not like a regiment where a general says "this is black" and everyone answer "sir, yes, sir" even if they see it white.

The problem was Atkinson was irresponsible/ignorant with the use of the "obsolete" term, and on top of that -and to me that was the worst- the guy behaved like a troll. When a person posted his disgust with that facebook post, he proceeded to basically laugh at him and brag about him giving the site more views.

That unprofessional attitude makes me raise an eyebrow asking myself how believable can be the measurements he makes during the reviews if he has such childish/stubborn behavior.

PS: I love fasting from time to time, just for the sake of it (cause I'm a super healthy skinny dude). During the first 24 hours I feel like crap, like I have a flu, in fact colloquially is called Carb-Flu cause it's caused for the lack of carbohydrates (our bodies are addicted to carbs so when you stop providing them, our body protests... very hard), after that the magic happens and your body remembers you have plenty of energy stored in form of fat, and that's basically why you begin to feel great again. It's a very interesting experience for sure.

Feb 8, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #16,962 of 149,404
Love the chapter...I'm so excited that I placed the order for and will soon be receiving my "Obsolete" Yggy in the coming days! 

I'm just disappointed that I didn't spend more money on a non-obsolete product...darn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back