Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 1, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #16,846 of 150,840

What, you've never had your electrons realigned in your favorite cable?

Tsk, tsk.  That's why you have such a veil over your music.

LOL...No doubt I am sure I am missing soooo much of the music. 

Feb 1, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #16,847 of 150,840
I was watching a YouTube showroom video the other day in which the salesman was advertising some super-expensive tube amp explaining that the micro controller was so good it could protect the amp's fancy fuse in case of a failing tube...

Feb 1, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #16,848 of 150,840
Does anyone know if Schiit has considered DAC+Pre based on the Yiggy with of course both SE and balanced XLR outputs?

Feb 1, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #16,849 of 150,840
Does anyone know if Schiit has considered DAC+Pre based on the Yiggy with of course both SE and balanced XLR outputs?

Doubt it. that sounds like a more expensive product that has functions many may not want. schiits all about smart product lineup and avoiding unnecessary cost. I personally don't want an extra knob on my DAC that I wont use for extra money. If I do want that knob for the yggdrasil in the future I would just buy a freya and be happy :)

Feb 1, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #16,850 of 150,840
  I have a question about Freya and balanced interconnects.

Tubes generally have some noise and sometime cause some low level hum.  If I run balanced cables to my Bryston 3BSST, the summer on the Bryston inputs seems to eliminate the noise/hum.

But, somehow, the summer on the single ended output of the Freya does not eliminate the same noise/hum.  If I connect the power amp with single ended cables, I hear the noise/hum.

Why?  Wouldn't a summer at either location perform the same function to kill the noise?

I'm using quality Blue Jeans cables.

That's probably a ground loop problem. On SE connections, the signal ground and cable shield are often tied together, so you can get ground loops. A balanced cable has its shield separate from its signal ground, so no ground loop. That's the simple answer and there are often more complicated things but that's the basic idea.

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #16,851 of 150,840
  Yikes.

I just made the mistake of following a banner ad down the rabbit hole to current "enthusiast" audiophile websites where a $12,000 phono stage is considered an entry-level bargain and someone was using reel-to-reel as his "most revealing" source for reviewing, except he just replaced a component and had to send his interconnects back to the factory to be recalibrated.

We may go careening off into the rough now and again here on this thread, but it's a haven of sanity compared to what's out there.

Dang, we need something to calibrate the airwaves around us next for perfect audio reproduction bwahahahaha!

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #16,852 of 150,840

Dang, we need something to calibrate the airwaves around us next for perfect audio reproduction bwahahahaha!

Bong smoke.

Feb 2, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #16,854 of 150,840
Those days are looooooooooooooong past for me. Some times I really miss them...

Kids these days are just gonna vape instead...

Feb 2, 2017 at 6:30 AM Post #16,858 of 150,840
Quote:Dana Reed
 Yeah I've probably been chasing the headphone that will rival my living room speaker setup without breaking the bank for a while

... and then, you will try not to break the bank again when you look for some speakers to rival your new headphones......

Feb 2, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #16,859 of 150,840

Way too illegal in Singapore though LOL

Nobody said the quest for audio perfection would be cheap or easy 
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #16,860 of 150,840

Users who are viewing this thread

Back